Command Console And Lrm Lock Issue Related

Bug Report Feedback Issue

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

By no means my tests are conclusive. There were several complains on the LRM lock lag with causes wasted missiles.

I did a test with and without command console on Heavy and Assault mechs with LRM launchers.

I dropped about 50 matches with both Heavy and Assault mechs with different LRM setups. What I found about the LRM lag is rather interesting.

On matches where I have the command console, missile lock times didn't exhibit the lag problem. It is the same with or without artemis. Next, on matches where I didn't have command console, the missile lock lag problem returned. It is the same with or without artemis.

Network speed and ping times were pretty consistent when I did this test.

It seems to me that info gathering speed from the command console affects missile lock time. Some code (rather inefficient) must be doing some calls in the backend when you lock onto a particular target.

For those who have command console, please feel free to try the experiment and see if it eradicates the missile lock lag.

#2 NetherlightWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Sector

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

More info needed here. Are you and others firing before the crosshairs get the red circle? If so, any fired before that point are dumb fired and will be wasted. Also if you're trying lock onto a mech under ecm that someone is spotting, it will take much longer to lock.

Something else to try is utilizing a TAG laser.

#3 Deimir

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

View PostStrypewolf, on 23 July 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

More info needed here. Are you and others firing before the crosshairs get the red circle? If so, any fired before that point are dumb fired and will be wasted. Also if you're trying lock onto a mech under ecm that someone is spotting, it will take much longer to lock.

Something else to try is utilizing a TAG laser.

This is a known issue where the reticule will show a red circle but due to lag you don't actually have a lock yet, which causes them to dumbfire. An example of this is at 2:15 here. Video starts at 2:05, you'll see an Adder run out into the water. I get a red circle and fire but because the audio tone hadn't 'confirmed' the lock my first salvo missed.

#4 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

Plenty of times I have gotten a lock and my missiles have ploughed into the ground in front of me, HSR maybe.
I didn't notice it until the Clan mechs were released

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 26 July 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#5 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

Known bug with LRM locks... reticule/ targeting cross hairs can turn red but you need to listen for the 'ping' of the lock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users