help

30 replies to this topic

#21 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Currently, I'd say the HBK 4J is the best of the chassis since the visual changes gave that guy a smaller hunch. The 4H / 4G can mount an AC20, which is an excellent weapon in light of clan autocannons having their damage split, but I'd call the 4J the best of the bunch

#22 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 23 July 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

Gosh darn diggity it ain't logical. Hilarious though.

XL 200, no JJs, 2 tons of armor, and 3 tons of ammo.

#23 CaptainAceMaverick

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 23 July 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

In fact, you clans slap Dual AC20s on a BJ chassis. Not for the faint of heart.

The amount of blue meth i would need to do that would be epic , i get insta killed with full armour nm being killed from clipping a stray rock or have a bird land on my BJ.

#24 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

I own 3 Hunchies, one a Founders, and I find that currently I'm not doing too bad with them.

Again, i'm not watching my KDR, but I'm getting kills with them. Still nothing beats slamming an AC20 into an unsuspecting mechs face or back. My founders mech carrys 1 AC20, 3 med Lasers, and moves at about 90 kph.

you do have to protect that right side, and sometimes you just have to accept that you are going to get destroyed some games, but that's the same with any mech.

#25 CaptainAceMaverick

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Just had a trial game with the trial SHWK , and i got 2 kills 7 assists. I got 0 kills 4 assists with the Dragon slayer, 0 - 2 before i sold my HB-H.

#26 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostCaptainAceMaverick, on 23 July 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Just had a trial game with the trial SHWK , and i got 2 kills 7 assists. I got 0 kills 4 assists with the Dragon slayer, 0 - 2 before i sold my HB-H.

If you can't do well in a Dragon Slayer that probably means you lack the skills required to move, jump and hit your targets. Might I suggest running a LRM boat?

#27 CaptainAceMaverick

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 24 July 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

If you can't do well in a Dragon Slayer that probably means you lack the skills required to move, jump and hit your targets. Might I suggest running a LRM boat?

I'm re learning moving and shooting hence the shadow hawk game ,which I may buy next.
I tried a catapult while my other mech was in game , I found it boring to be honest , I got tons of assists but I just find being "that guy" at the back of the map throwing lrm 15/20 around a bit dickish.

#28 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

View PostCaptainAceMaverick, on 24 July 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

I'm re learning moving and shooting hence the shadow hawk game ,which I may buy next.
I tried a catapult while my other mech was in game , I found it boring to be honest , I got tons of assists but I just find being "that guy" at the back of the map throwing lrm 15/20 around a bit dickish.

The play style might not be for you. However, running an effective LRM build will make you into the mech equivalent of fire ball throwing wizard. You will be a huge force multiplier on several fronts, and when done right, will make the enemy team cry because they think you have 4 LRM boats, when in fact it's just your lonesome.

#29 CaptainAceMaverick

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 24 July 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

The play style might not be for you. However, running an effective LRM build will make you into the mech equivalent of fire ball throwing wizard. You will be a huge force multiplier on several fronts, and when done right, will make the enemy team cry because they think you have 4 LRM boats, when in fact it's just your lonesome.

Now that sounds funny

#30 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

My H has a STD 275, UAC5 and 5ML. It does the job quite nicely.

#31 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostCaptainAceMaverick, on 24 July 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

Now that sounds funny

Oh god yes it is. I actually pulled that off in my BLR-1S. The enemy team asked us how many LRM boats we had. The response was "One. With 2500 rounds of ammo". Medium mechs can be more effective since they can run faster and relocate to get better positioning and that can also give the illusion of multiple LRM boats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users