9 replies to this topic

#1 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

just thought of an interesting potential way for these gismos to interact together please dont get angry but what if at target comp/command console could use lrm trajectory to roughly calculate where they came from and provide a large ghost to lock onto enabling me to lob some lrms back in a wide spread to the general area, with the type of TC affecting the size of that area of lock say 100m spread for the one ton TC dowon to 30m for the 7 ton one with the CC some where in the middle,

i do generally free aim them if i cant get a lock and shoot them over hills blind to see if ams will give the enemy position away would just be nice to motivate the enemy missile boats to move by adding a little danger to standing behind cover and team lobbing lrms and would increase use of the targeting do dars in builds

what do think ???

#2 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

It's been hashed and rehashed.....and, apparently, it's beyond PGI's abilities to develop.

One of the main things that has been brought up numerous times is a flatter trajectory for LRMs being fired at a target you have targeted yourself and have line of sight to (direct fire) and an arcing trajectory for a target you don't have line of sight to (indirect fire).

Considering the developers can't figure out how to use swappable ammo for the LBX ACs like announced, I doubt any meaningful changes will happen to LRMS....except for more nerfs. Which is understandable...LRMs are the natural predator of new players and we all know how PGI feels about new players.

#3 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

suppose there are many other problems that need to be addressed first before we can even dream about tweeks like that but one day i like to think we'll have such features

#4 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

Like...oh, I don't know....perhaps fixing the matchmaker so people that have been playing longer than a week don't have to try to carry 5-8 new players every match?

#5 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 July 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

Like...oh, I don't know....perhaps fixing the matchmaker so people that have been playing longer than a week don't have to try to carry 5-8 new players every match?

Yea I'm pretty sure your teammates are tired of having to carry you :P

#6 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

View PostMadw0lf, on 24 July 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Yea I'm pretty sure your teammates are tired of having to carry you :D

*shrug*

When you see 75% of your team are new, what's the point in even trying? Might just as well do what they do....leghump everyone, zoom in, spazz fire at everything in sight. It won't change the outcome.

#7 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 July 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

It's been hashed and rehashed.....and, apparently, it's beyond PGI's abilities to develop.

One of the main things that has been brought up numerous times is a flatter trajectory for LRMs being fired at a target you have targeted yourself and have line of sight to (direct fire) and an arcing trajectory for a target you don't have line of sight to (indirect fire).

Considering the developers can't figure out how to use swappable ammo for the LBX ACs like announced, I doubt any meaningful changes will happen to LRMS....except for more nerfs. Which is understandable...LRMs are the natural predator of new players and we all know how PGI feels about new players.

Cash pinata.....?

The OP want true indirect fire.... yes it should be available. in fact that exactly how lrms are supposed to work. They are rockets not missiles. distinction... guidance system. The name is actually wrong and carried over from TT. SRM's are dumb fired, yet still called missiles again wrong and from TT. The true test in a "skill based game" would be hitting something from long range with such slow weapons. not this easy mode lock on that really only serves to slaughter new players.

Both LRM and SRM should be LRR and SRR. but some how a targeting system was added vs something skill based. Only streaks have guidance systems. That makes them true missiles.

#8 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostTombstoner, on 24 July 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

Cash pinata.....?

The OP want true indirect fire.... yes it should be available. in fact that exactly how lrms are supposed to work. They are rockets not missiles. distinction... guidance system. The name is actually wrong and carried over from TT. SRM's are dumb fired, yet still called missiles again wrong and from TT. The true test in a "skill based game" would be hitting something from long range with such slow weapons. not this easy mode lock on that really only serves to slaughter new players.

Both LRM and SRM should be LRR and SRR. but some how a targeting system was added vs something skill based. Only streaks have guidance systems. That makes them true missiles.

Actually.....

Rockets are a separate weapon altogether, but yeah, you're basically right....hence "dumbfire LRMs" (man, I hate all the dice rolling that goes along with them).

Still, I'd MUCH rather see LRMs with a flat trajectory than what we've got right now. What kills me is that apparently, they can't break them down into 5 point groups and assign them to a location like what we've got for streaks right now.

The SRMs here are MUCH better than on TT. You can get close and keep them somewhat together...in TT, they go everywhere.

#9 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Just look at where the LRMs are firing from, bam now you know where the mech is.

#10 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostPjwned, on 24 July 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Just look at where the LRMs are firing from, bam now you know where the mech is.

But...that doesn't change the fact that they're OP. You can't just stand in the open and zoom in without getting killed by LRMs. It's just not fair *tear*.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users