• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Playing a TW prime

Weapon placement...
LT LBX5, RT LBX5 or LT UAC 10/LBX10, RT UAC10/LBX10

1 or 2 tons of ammo LT and RT each

I have only seen the following issues on my TW and only when one of my rear torsos is shot out.

One example I think I had 60 rounds of LBX10 or 4 tons, RT rear shot out, down to 16 Rounds or something like that. This doesn't make sense, I should have 30 left, as 60 was my max ammo with each side carrying only 30 rounds.

I had multiple times now where I had anywhere to 65-100% ammo left, ammo is always displaced evenly on my mech between left and right sides. However when I run into this issue instead of losing say 50% of the remaining ammo I usually have about 0-6 rounds left on average right after the ammo explosion.

Lets say the ammo is depleted from one side first, I would normally have like 15 rounds left out of 60 is this was the case, most of the time I have 0 rounds after one side torso is gone while carrying about 65%+ ammo just a millisecond prior.

I watch this happen to another TW packing 4x SRMS6s, although I cannot say where his ammo was.

There is something definitely wrong.

#2 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

I thought that was just me.
It happened on my TW with Gauss shells. Lost one side and all my ammo (which was spread out on body, arms legs) was gone.

Wow, I thought i was hallucinating that -- thanks for making me feel better.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

Are we talking about full ammo, or partly used ammo?

When a mech uses ammo, it doesn't draw from all ammo slots at once. It draws ammo from specific areas in a specific manner. I don't know the exact pattern personally, bu what happens is it will pull (for example) all reloads from the right torso bin first, till it is completely empty, and then it will start to draw ammo reserves from the left torso. If someone destroys (in this example) your left torso, which is still full of ammo, then you will lose that ammo and be left with the partial bin left in the right torso.

I don't know the exact ammo priority chart on where ammo is pulled from where first, but that sounds like what you are noticing. They are destroying your full ammo bin, leaving you with what is left in the other ammo bin. This can also go in reverse as well, were they might destroy your partial bin, leaving you with a full bin of ammo on the other side to use (meaning you lose less ammo).

Let me know if I confused you... it can be a little hard to explain sometimes...

#4 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

View PostTesunie, on 24 July 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Are we talking about full ammo, or partly used ammo?

When a mech uses ammo, it doesn't draw from all ammo slots at once. It draws ammo from specific areas in a specific manner. I don't know the exact pattern personally, bu what happens is it will pull (for example) all reloads from the right torso bin first, till it is completely empty, and then it will start to draw ammo reserves from the left torso. If someone destroys (in this example) your left torso, which is still full of ammo, then you will lose that ammo and be left with the partial bin left in the right torso.

I don't know the exact ammo priority chart on where ammo is pulled from where first, but that sounds like what you are noticing. They are destroying your full ammo bin, leaving you with what is left in the other ammo bin. This can also go in reverse as well, were they might destroy your partial bin, leaving you with a full bin of ammo on the other side to use (meaning you lose less ammo).

Let me know if I confused you... it can be a little hard to explain sometimes...

Which is why I tend to spread ammo across my body and legs, specially in clan mechs where you get a free CASE. In the case of the gauss, I had ammo spread across my body and, If I remember correctly I went from 30 rounds remaining to zero after my side got blown out. Given the order that ammo is taken, I should have still had ammo in my good arm, at least, left.

As I said, i've only had it happen once to me and since I carry an array of energy/ballistic I was still functional.

I think that this is more of a : People watch for this so we can confirm / deny that it is a true bug Thread

#5 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

Jupp loosing one component wich carries ammo can lead to a complete deletion. A bit Problematik for that mech.

#6 deathlord

• PipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

This is one of those things that would be much easier to observe and explain (and determine if there's an actual bug) if the cockpit multifunction displays actually worked properly. There's an ammo readout that *sometimes* displays correctly on one of the many "no signal" displays. When it actually works it slowly cycles through your mech components listing current ammo count, but the display cycle is so slow that it is basically useless whether in battle or even during a lull.

In practice, the monitors are frequently ALL "no signal" even if you have ammo loaded, or the ammo readout shows 0 ammo loaded in all components even if you do have ammo loaded.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

ammo is used in order, I think it is something like this:
Head,
Center torso
Right torso
Left torso
Right arm
Left arm
Right leg
Left leg
top is used first
important note, this is probably not the correct order

so if my ammo usage order is correct, if you had 2 tons of ammo (for an SRM6 in the left torso), 1 ton each stored in the right torso and the head (200 missiles total, 33 full shots, then one 2 missile final shot) , if you fire 102 missiles (17 shots) then loose the right torso you are now out of ammo, because you have used all your head mounted ammo already and your remaining RT mounted ammo was destroyed with the component

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 27 July 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#8 Not Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 688 posts
  • LocationThat one place

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

Sorry, Ammo draw goes like this - Don't want you to confuse people ;)

View PostOmid Kiarostami, on 07 July 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Hey Siri,

Whether we get selectable ammo draw is up to design and their priorities for getting stuff into the game. I can't really answer for them. Ammo draw ordering is fixed for all mechs and independent of faction. It's presently: Center Torso -> Right Torso -> Left Torso -> Right Arm -> Left Arm-> Left Leg -> Right Leg -> Head. No exceptions are intended, so if the the draw ordering is any different from that it's a bug.

Cheers,
Omid

Most likely the problem is your are using up your ammo first, then losing the side that has all your remaining ammo left in. I've noticed it happening alot in my DireWhale... Err DireWolf too. Lose my left side, Lose my ammo. So basically the moral of the story is, use it up before you get shot :P

#9 Zypher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

Sorry guys, maybe I wasn't clear...lets say I have 60 LBX rounds, 30 on the left side, 30 on the right. I have fired 8 rounds, leaving me with 52, that would be 30 one side, 22 on the other. Then one of my rear torsos gets blown out, lets say it cleared out the side with 30 rounds, I should have 22 two left.

However, I have observed in this exact situation my ammo dropping to 0 instead of the 22. Also the LBXs are one in the LT and one in the RT on a clan mech. It doesn't make sense and I have seen this multiple times now, with 80-90% ammo remaining down to 10% after the ammo explosion where ammo was stored 50/50 LT/RT out of 4 ammo packs.

#10 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostZypher, on 31 July 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Sorry guys, maybe I wasn't clear...lets say I have 60 LBX rounds, 30 on the left side, 30 on the right. I have fired 8 rounds, leaving me with 52, that would be 30 one side, 22 on the other. Then one of my rear torsos gets blown out, lets say it cleared out the side with 30 rounds, I should have 22 two left.

However, I have observed in this exact situation my ammo dropping to 0 instead of the 22. Also the LBXs are one in the LT and one in the RT on a clan mech. It doesn't make sense and I have seen this multiple times now, with 80-90% ammo remaining down to 10% after the ammo explosion where ammo was stored 50/50 LT/RT out of 4 ammo packs.

I have seen the exact same thing.... it's not ammo use -- I understand what you are saying which is why people should keep an eye out for it -- when it happened to me I hadn't fired a shot, got PPCd gaussed in the rear RT.

#11 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

Greetings all,

From another thread about ammo depletion and the order of use:

So , you all know that inside your cockpit somewhere, there is your Ammunition Loaded Screen ( lets call it ALS ) , showing your current Ammo left and the exact place it is stored. Every time it shows a different location of your Mech ( Right Torso, Left Leg etc ) and it keeps rotating to ONLY the places you have stored your ammo in .

After various tests , I have come to the conclusion that :

Ammo gets used and depleted in the order of the rotating image of Ammunition Loaded Screen (ALS) inside Cockpit.

That particular order is :
HD --> CT --> RT --> LT--> LA --> RA--> LL--> RL (---> HD again in image rotation )

where HD= head slot , CT = Center Torso , RT is Right Torso , RA= Right Arm and RL= Right Leg etc.
( use Free Look Button to locate the ALS Screen )
Here's the thread location:
http://mwomercs.com/...mmo-being-used/

That's the ammo depletion order but still no reason for your remaining ammo to be missing, unless it was destroyed but didn't 'explode' from earlier combat. (Betty should have stated that but could have been missed)

Update: This was from a very old thread, 2012. So more recent patch's may have altered the draw location order. (as stated from follow on posts)

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 01 August 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#12 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

View Post9erRed, on 01 August 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

That particular order is :
HD --> CT --> RT --> LT--> LA --> RA--> LL--> RL (---> HD again in image rotation )

where HD= head slot , CT = Center Torso , RT is Right Torso , RA= Right Arm and RL= Right Leg etc.

Omid Kiarostami disagrees with you. http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3539860

Ammo draw ordering is fixed for all mechs and independent of faction. It's presently: Center Torso -> Right Torso -> Left Torso -> Right Arm -> Left Arm-> Left Leg -> Right Leg -> Head. No exceptions are intended, so if the the draw ordering is any different from that it's a bug.

Edited by DEMAX51, 01 August 2014 - 10:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users