133 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

There is plenty of people that are sick of the sameish loadouts across all Chassis.

So where is our stock matchmaking with only stock Mechs loadouts and original Battletech armorvalues?

EDIT:

I have filed another petition on this topic in the suggestion forum so check it out and please support this effort.

You can find the petition HERE

Edited by Jack Corban, 25 July 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

private matches

#3 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostSandpit, on 25 July 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

private matches

No not privat matches. Thats not the answer to what we want.
We want something similar to the historic battles in "War Thunder".
With a separate matchmaker.

Edited by Jack Corban, 25 July 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#4 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

private matches

Then how do we earn c-bills?

We don't want to play Solaris mode anymore. We want a C-Bill earning Stock Mode.

#5 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 25 July 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Then how do we earn c-bills?

We don't want to play Solaris mode anymore. We want a C-Bill earning Stock Mode.

Exactly. That and i think the Hardcore crowd deserves some rest from "Bring the biggest Alpha" Warrior.

Edited by Jack Corban, 25 July 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#6 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

private matches

This is the correct answer. Not because there's a lack of fans who want stock mech matchmaking. But because PGI is never, ever, ever going to do it. And the sooner you come to terms with that, the happier you will be.

Do a forum search and see how many times this has been suggested, how many people have signed the petition, come up with suggestions, etc. And then take a long, hard look at what we actually accomplished.

#7 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

Type: "Stock Mech Monday" into the little search bar up there ... do it...

#8 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

If people finnaly stoped blocking this motion and say stuff like do privat matches.
And people would finally accept that there is poeple out there that want a different experience.
Then PGI at some point would maybe pick this up.
Its not like we are suggesting to get rid of the general matchmaking.
We just wish for a Matchmaking where we can run Stock.
I don't see how that is hurting anyone.

Edited by Jack Corban, 25 July 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#9 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Where is that a different experience? You would still see the same 'Mech variants over and over again. Best in class and stuff.

#10 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 25 July 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

Where is that a different experience? You would still see the same 'Mech variants over and over again. Best in class and stuff.

Yeah you don't see that in stock. Honestly. In Stock ever mech has his right on his own.

Why should you take my word for it ? Because i have played plenty of Stock. Heck i play all my mechs and thats 98 in stock loadout in the general que and i still manage to get good games with 2-3 kills on average.

Stock just gives everyone that wants to play matches without these abominations of mechs the means to do so. Sorry if you take the LRM10 and the PPC of the Griffin it aint a Griffin any more. It might look like a Griffin in this game but it really ain't.

So if i want to play my Hunchback 4G and not my Hunchback looking dual ultra AC/5 rocking whatever, i can finnaly do so in Stock.

Edited by Jack Corban, 25 July 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#11 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostJack Corban, on 25 July 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

If People finnaly stoped blocking this motion and say stuff like do privat matches. And people would finally accept that there is poeple out there that want a different experience. Then PGI at some point would maybe pick this up. Its not like we are suggesting to get rid of the general matchmaking. We just wish for a Matchmaking where we can run Stock. I Don't see how that is hurting anyone.

It has been asked for since before Day 1. But stock mechs don`t play into the `Cbill sink`system that F2P games need to encourage things like Premium time and Hero mechs.

#12 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostDavers, on 25 July 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

It has been asked for since before Day 1. But stock mechs don`t play into the `Cbill sink`system that F2P games need to encourage things like Premium time and Hero mechs.

Thats really a Nonargument there. Because i don't wanna get rid of the customization for normal Matchmaking nor do i want to stop playing in the general Matchmaking myselfe. Don't get me wrong here Customization has allways been a integral part of Mechwarrior games and i don't want to change that nor do i want to exclude myselfe from that.

I Just wish we had a means to play Stock if we'd like to. And the whole Premiumtime & MC Argument falls flat on its face because i do not want to get rid of skilling your mechs either nor am i saying get rid of Heromechs in Stockplay. So there would Still be plenty of ways to spend money on the game even if one decides to completly stop playing general ques and dedicates fully to stock. And the C-Bills drain... well i have friends in this game that have past 100 Million C-bills and they keep getting more and more.

So really at this point whats left of your arguments thats actually valid?

Edited by Jack Corban, 25 July 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#13 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostJack Corban, on 25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Thats really a Nonargument there. Because i don't wanna get rid of the customization for normal Matchmaking nor do i want to stop playing in the general Matchmaking myselfe. Don't get me wrong here Customization has allways been a integral part of Mechwarrior games and i don't want to change that nor do i want to exclude myselfe from that.

I Just wish we had a means to play Stock if we'd like to. And the whole Premiumtime & MC Argument falls flat on its face because i do not want to get rid of skilling your mechs either nor am i saying get rid of Heromechs in Stockplay. So there would Still be plenty of ways to spend money on the game even if one decides to completly stop playing general ques and dedicates fully to stock. And the C-Bills drain... well i have friends in this game that have past 100 Million C-bills and they keep getting more and more.

So really at this point whats left of your arguments thats actually valid?

I am not arguing against it. I wish they had designed the game around stock mechs from the beginning. But PGI has shown zero interest in supporting a stock game mode. I was just offering reasons why I thought they would be against it.

#14 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

I mean let me be clear here. They have everything they need to put this in place.
They can have different ques as shown in solo & group ques.
They have the Database sitting in the background to see what a Stock loadout is and what is not.
So really all they need to do is enable the game client to have an additional que for matchmaking.
And if they wanna be really lazy about it they could just make it so if you select Mech "X" that is currently customized and you drop on Stock que then the game gets the Stock loadout out of the database for that particular mech and sets it to that.
and as soon as you drop out of the game its back to what it was beforehand.

It's all doable and its not hurting anyone. So why not just do it as a fanservice?

Ontop of that PGI has taken notice of the Stockmech events.

Posted ImagePosted Image

So you see. If people think its a good idea they should show support and we might actually get what we wish for.

That said please support this if not for yourselfe then atleast for the rest of us. Thank you

Edited by Jack Corban, 25 July 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#15 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

Its called Priv Matches, you can have all the stock crap you want in there.

Because FYI....STOCK MECHS DO NOT WORK IN MWO! They were made for a system this game is not and as such suffer horrid overheating. Even then things would not change, you would see the same 5 mechs that DO work...kinda...in MWO's heat system in the stock que. There are a few mechs I can think of that "work" stock, like the Hunchback 4G, the Heavy Metal works stock, same with the Yen-lo-Wang, just to name a few. Those a mechs with very few high heat weapons, and enough HS to keep the few heat weapons they do have, under control. You would eventually, and quite quickly, see a "meta" show up even in the stock only que, and it wouldn't be any different then the normal que is now.
Oh and just about every single stock mech, has barely ANY ammo at all, because, again, they were made for a system that this game isn't.

it would also further hurt the game and player-base even more by splintering it up even more so then it is now. We have 3 game modes, that yes you can que into, but each mode is now further split into group/solo and during low population times, it gets kinda long in the que process.

So do you off the wall random stuff in Priv Matches, that is what it is there for.

Edited by SirLANsalot, 25 July 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#16 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

you can only split the queues so many times
solo
groups
stock
lights only
casual groups
competitive groups

Those are all threads and topics started within the last week or so. So if every one of those got their wish how long do you think you'd be waiting for a match? Sorry, but I'm sticking with my private matches response. You simply cannot continue splitting queues like that. It won't work. Maybe if they had hundreds of thousands of players, but they don't. If you want stock only then use private matches and/or join player run leagues that use those rules.

It's not a matter of whether or not I personally like the idea, it's a matter of logistics and splitting the queues even further. Take it from someone who regularly waits well over 2-3 minutes every time they hit the launch button either in solo or group regardless of weight class, it won't work right now. Ther'es simply not enough players to support yet another queue.

#17 VanillaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Adding in the ability to toggle a private match as "Stock Only" and have the having the game load the stock loadout of your mech regardless of how it is currently configured would be a good first step. That way I can have my custom mech for public drops and can instantly play them in stock mode without having to reconfigure them. Eventually they could add that feature to general MM if there is enough interest.

#18 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostVanillaG, on 25 July 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

Adding in the ability to toggle a private match as "Stock Only" and have the having the game load the stock loadout of your mech regardless of how it is currently configured would be a good first step. That way I can have my custom mech for public drops and can instantly play them in stock mode without having to reconfigure them. Eventually they could add that feature to general MM if there is enough interest.

How many people are going to want to run around mechs with a 1/3 of the cooling they need and two tons of ammo at most.

.........might be like 10, but I'd wager it would get boring pretty fast.

#19 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostJack Corban, on 25 July 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

I mean let me be clear here. They have everything they need to put this in place.
They can have different ques as shown in solo & group ques.
They have the Database sitting in the background to see what a Stock loadout is and what is not.
So really all they need to do is enable the game client to have an additional que for matchmaking.
And if they wanna be really lazy about it they could just make it so if you select Mech "X" that is currently customized and you drop on Stock que then the game gets the Stock loadout out of the database for that particular mech and sets it to that.
and as soon as you drop out of the game its back to what it was beforehand.

It's all doable and its not hurting anyone. So why not just do it as a fanservice?

Ontop of that PGI has taken notice of the Stockmech events.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So you see. If people think its a good idea they should show support and we might actually get what we wish for.

That said please support this if not for yourselfe then atleast for the rest of us. Thank you

Honestly, this just means PGI supports private matches.

#20 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 25 July 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

How many people are going to want to run around mechs with a 1/3 of the cooling they need and two tons of ammo at most.

.........might be like 10, but I'd wager it would get boring pretty fast.

You know the tensest games i had in a long while have been in "Stockmech Modays" & "Stockmech Era Wednesdays". You wanna know why ?
Because i cannot go and hoze the whole map with my UAC/5 lik i'm John Rambo on crack.
Because i have a to adjust accordingly to the shortcommings of my Mechs. Be that Heatmanagment, Ammo reserves, Armor value etc.

Because of all this the games are Fun and thrilling.
Don't believe me?

Join up!

Stockmech Mondays

Stockmech Era Wednesdays

View PostDavers, on 25 July 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

Honestly, this just means PGI supports private matches.

Sadly it also means you can't read.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users