#1 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

To the light pilot I team killed today,

I did not get your name sir so I would like to apologize to lights in general as that includes you.

I was chasing down an enemy light and fired as my cross hair passed over you between us as you chased another light the other way.

I know these thing happen in the heat of combat never the less I am sorry :)(

Kind Regards

Dazzer

#2 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

R.I.P.
xCaptainStabbinx

#NeverForget

#3 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostDazzer, on 26 July 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

To the light pilot I team killed today,

I did not get your name sir so I would like to apologize to lights in general as that includes you.

I was chasing down an enemy light and fired as my cross hair passed over you between us as you chased another light the other way.

I know these thing happen in the heat of combat never the less I am sorry :)(

Kind Regards

Dazzer

As someone that pilots lights almost exclusively (except when grinding these summoners lol), we have to keep alert of firing lanes etc. That was probably error of the pilot. Although in your situation, it sounded like a furball, its bound to happen we understand in that case lol :P

#4 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Saxie speaks true, it is often our fault when we step into bullets inadvertently. With that said, I found Dazzer's courtesy most pleasant, which is why I hit the like button there. These things do happen, and most people who pilot lights understand and accept that as just another of the many risks we take.

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

It's hard to maintain awareness of other player's arcs of fire. The blue triangles on the hud can give an indication, but they don't tell you where the torso and all the murder tools are pointing.

I've TK'ed and been TK'ed a few times now. If I do it, it's usually tunnel vision in advanced zoom. If it happens to me, it's usually because i'm in a light, doing the PUG thing and humping an enemy that's being focus fired, in which case... totally my fault.

I think it's just a part of life, especially in pugs, and good on you for apologizing. To me, the TK'ing isn't always the worst part; the player reactions usually are. I had a MadCat seemingly teleport and walk in front of me once while I was firing at an enemy, and holy cow, the ghosts of MechWarriors past watching from my cockpit were horrid little creatures indeed. In my estimation, I had 0.023 seconds to react, and thanks to beer, failed.

#6 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

It happens, but it shouldn't happen often. I've only been accidentally TKed in lights and mediums with orange/red internals. Some of the responses I've seen are way over the top. I just ask "Name why did you kill me?" in team chat. (for accidents anyway)

#7 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

#NeverForget

#8 DragonsMaw

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

TK's happen. So long as it's not deliberate trolling it's forgivable. You can always express your apology through action. Action as in fire on whoever was chasing the light. #VengencePudding

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users