How Is The Vtr-9S Different To The Vtr-9B?

2 replies to this topic

Poll: How is the VTR-9S different to the VTR-9B? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the VTR-9S get more even missile tube sizes?

1. Yes (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Chill Factor

Rookie

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:27 AM

Both the Victor 9S and 9B are exactly the same except the 9S gives up a ballistic hard point for a two tubed missile hard point. How is this a fair exchange on an 80 ton assault?

Instead of having three missile hard points with 10, 5 and 2 tube sizes. I suggest you guys get rid of the 2 tube size and divide the 10 tube size in half. That way we end up with three 5 tube missile hard points. I believe with this setup players can make better LRM and SRM builds that take advantage of the even missile grouping. I think this will make it much easier to make use of the third missile hard point and further differentiate the two variants.

Edited by Perfectremedy, 28 July 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#2 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

Actually in this dumb lazy flat mechlab system virtually every meks are just the same. You just noticed tip of the mountain here.

#3 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

it seemed like PGI was being very specific with missile tube sizes at first, then later seemed to release all tubes with a minimum 6 to 10 count

it would be nice if they just upped all tubes less than 6 to a minimum of 10 so tubes were more flexible - whats the point of having a single or double tube?

every single clan mech released has a minimum of 15 tubes on all missile slots, except for the Summoner-B which has 2 dual 10-tube arms

Edited by JagdFlanker, 29 July 2014 - 07:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users