No replies to this topic

#1 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

For disclosure, I do not like PuGging. It's what got me to nearly rage quit this game last October.

I also don't like competitive team play or attempts at it.

What did I like? The ability to team up with 1-3 other people and drop together in non-coordinated matches with other teams of similar size or solo players.

For the last 3 patches, the state of gameplay in MWO has been getting worse and worse unless you were artificially in a low elo, or just that darn good. Then it's been a paradise. They are not the majority if I listen to the posts here in the forums and talking to people in multiple units on TS.

Those of us in the mushy middle, it's been a solid fracking mess. You either are in Derptown (solo queue) or Stomptown (group queue) with no other options.

MWO needs to redesign the queues into 3 groups.

1. Solo Queue: Strictly solo players and default state for solo play.

2. Lance Queue: Solo players who opt-in and Groups up to 1 lance size. Multiple small groups possible on each side.

3. Company Queue: Groups of 4 or larger. A lance of 4 can opt-in to be in this queue and teams of 8 or larger can drop short against an equal sized team.

What this cures.

The Solo Queue stays the same happy place those who enjoy pugging and pretending to be Rambo to their heart's content. Great for future solo tournaments.

The Lance Queue keeps large groups from hiding very good players who shouldn't be competing at such low elo levels with bad players. Small groups keep the Elos closer together and prevent farming as easy balancing out the game play better.

The Company Queue allows all groups 4 and larger, including 11mans. So it's no longer a 10/2 versus a 12man, but you can have 8+4 or 4/4/4 vs 12mans IF THE GROUP DESIRES IT. You can even have 11 on 11 matches!. If you can't find a good match for that 8+ group, let them drop short against two 4mans or another 8 man. Gives a throwback feel for some oldtimers, still doesn't disincentivize the Private queues and gives those of use who want nothing to do with Company practices and hardcore competitive play, some place in the middle without screwing up the solo player's sandbox.

Seriously, I'm able to see CW is not going to fix this fatal problem with MWO, but rather will make it worse unless a third queue is added to split the difference between Derptown and Stomptown. It won't be perfect, but at least it's something that we know works and works well.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users