Re: Defensive Posturing Along Kurita Borders.

95 replies to this topic

#81 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 03 August 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

While the DC might have Jaegers and Victors, these are more of a signature mech to the FedSuns.
It's more fun to keep the mechs a bit more seperated and not make 70% of the mechs used to all factions in such sale to keep up the uniqueness of the factions.

And I guess the Raven is more of a Cap mech, but DC and Cap had worked together against the newly created FedCom with Marik to stand a chance and might have traded the Raven design.

While the Dracs, Cappies, and Free Worlders signed the Kapteyn accord, military trade between the DC and CC seemed to be pretty minimal.

Add the lack of a shared border, and you REALLY have to bend over backwards to plop a Raven in Drac space.

Now, the DC and the FWL was a different story. The biggest example being the Spider, which didn't sell well with the FWL, but was popular in the Combine (To the point that Nimakachi eventually sets up shop there, and later branches out into the Venom and Bishamon). I can imagine that DC-made PPCs would be a hot-ticket item with the FWLM.

That said, I agree that some factions have more "Trademarked" designs than others. The Panther, Charger, and Dragon are good examples of this. That said, though the Jenner is very much a DCMS themed design, you can find them in the armies of the AFFC, as well.

The Jagermech is made in the Draconis Combine as well as in the FedSuns, so putting it on the DC lists wouldn't be that big of a stretch. However, putting the Raven, one of the mechs that the Capellans tried to guard jealously (And to a degree, were successful, because the NAIS couldn't initially replicate the EW package the 4th succession war version carried, and therefore usually stripped it out in favor of a large laser), into the hands of a foreign power voluntarily sounds very hard to believe... ESPECIALLY with Romano Liao at the helm.

I might have included the Orion as a Drac-themed machine, but while they have a good number, they're not really a staple DC machine, nor made in their borders. I'd give them a Jager before an Orion.

...Though I'm trying to fill out my DCMS 'mechs right now, I think the Jager is going to be at the end of my list. Like you said, it doesn't "Feel" drac, because it wasn't in DC hands for most of the fluff. Between the war of 3039 and the clan invasion, things are pretty quiet. That's the period you'd see more dracs with Jagermechs.

Edited by ice trey, 03 August 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#82 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Greetings all,

For those Pilots and players that are insisting on Faction specific 'Decals', id's, 'Markings'.

All good, but irrelevant and probably somewhat detrimental at this point.
- Everyone are still being grouped into one mixed batch for Match Making.
(we are starting to see more IS vs Clan, but that's just group formations and not a game function.)
- Indicated alliances, at this time, 'technically' means nothing.
- Faction Loyalty and the gained points/bonus's, are not being recorded or offered.

Yes, the Pilots 'Faction' is shown beside there name and Mech in game, but it's only an indication of an early Faction choice.
- Nothing 'in game' has indicated any difference/benefit between each Faction. (except the Lore, and Faction descriptions)
- Aug 14 will be the start of CW module 1, Formation of Merc's 'enabled'.

With this start of actual Faction separation, we should see quite a bit of additional info released. Specifically on what PGI plans for adding unique items and flavor for each Faction, from Mech 'Tag's' to Pilots awards and Rank markings.
- Quite a few month's ago it was mentioned, from PGI, that they were 'making room for' additional art locations on the Mech chassis. It's been in the works for some time, probably on the 'back burner' or 'secondary tasks' as nearly everything was directed at Clans release. This has all changed as the CW aspect is at the top of the list of activities for nearly every division at PGI.
- Expect another large news briefing about Factions and more detailed info on what the game offers to be in each.
- How will the 'purchase' of a 18mil BRB (later MRBC) Licence and Dropship work in game for only Merc's?
- What game play elements of all the other Factions off set this 'large C-Bill' drop?
- Once formed, how do these 'separate units' identify themselves to other players on the Battlefield.
(Clans were all about 'showing there Totem' animal on there Mech's, IS were more militarized in there Mech's displayed units and id's. Will this be indicated 'in game'?)

So, as the Factions are generated so also must be there 'Tag's' in game. (both Pilots and Mech's)
- And a further separating of the 'buckets' that the Match Maker needs to bring together or keep separated.
(remembering that some IS house's have a real hatred for others, same with the Clans.)
- Some Factions never had 'direct contact' with the Invasion corridor, again a separation of the MM buckets. These Pilots should expect a lot of IS Faction against Faction drops with few Clan battles 'if any'.

As some has already stated, some of the Factions did not have access to every Mech chassis that is offered 'in game'.
- How will this be handled by PGI?
- Will a specific House Faction only be able to 'field' a unique list of chassis?
- If this is the case, the entire 'front end' of the UI and MechLab will need to indicate or show what's currently 'only' available to this Faction Pilot.

Now would be a good time for PGI to set the 'list of Faction specific Mech's' that the Pilots can operate when linked to only one Faction.
- And further enhance or identify the choices each Pilot must make when choosing what Faction to 'start' with.
- With the current final goal being to advance through each Faction.

More info is needed PGI,
(Bryan, Russ, some information is required)

9erRed

#83 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 01 August 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

RE: Defensive posturing alongKurita borders.

Finest Precentor,
There has been a large scalemobilization of BattleMech units along the Kuritan borders. Interceptedcommunications indicate that BattleMech production has increased dramaticallyand that factories are being ordered to deliver all BattleMech inventories toborder planets. We are unsure at this time if this action is defensive or hostile and will be monitoring the activity heavily.

It would be advisable to notifythe First Circuit of these activities due to the sheer scale of thesemaneuvers.-------- END OF TRANSMISSION----------

If you're unsure if the the buildup is defensive or hostile, why title the message: Defensive Posturing along Kurita borders?

Also, why isn't the Atlas K on this list. After all, it is an Atlas designed and built solely by the Draconis Combine? Not that I'd be stupid enough to buy a mech available for C-bills with MC, but if you're going to attempt to mess with canon DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!

Edited by Peiper, 03 August 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#84 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostPeiper, on 03 August 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

If you're unsure if the the buildup is defensive or hostile, why title the message: Defensive Posturing along Kurita borders?

Also, why isn't the Atlas K on this list. After all, it is an Atlas designed and built solely by the Draconis Combine? Not that I'd be stupid enough to buy a mech available for C-bills with MC, but if you're going to attempt to mess with canon DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!

Clearly the combine samurai traded their atlas Ks in for ravens.

#85 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

See, a 35% off sale, straight off the back of such a huge 50% off sale is a lil confusing.

That said, if it WERE 35% off MC and C-Bills, I'd likely have been putting in the hard grind this weekend.

#86 HawkEyes

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Most players use the RAT to determine which mechs are available, and these includes 300 years old machines...

Since I like that new mech smell, I decided to compile a list of where the mech variants are manufactured:
Mech Variants Manufacturer List.html (xls)

I mostly used TROs 3025, 3039 & 3050 since they provided the most precise info (House books are usually too vague about which variant is built). Also this list was put together before PGI's Space-Time Rewind and is set in 3051, so there's a couple manufactures still operating inside the soon-to-be Clan space.

P.S. The Buyable column is for those that want "patriotic" variants, i.e. it is completely built inside your House. This doesn't apply to mercenaries, since they can buy from almost anywhere *shakes fist*.

#87 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Steiner-Davion and Kurita are pissing on each other's boots again. Nothing new of sorts, just money to be had in war and posturing for any merc. Why? Simple because wouldn't you hire some mercs to bolster your army during this posturing? And if you are a merc well its good either way because you get paid to either garrison a planet during no action or you get paid to fight on the line and get salvage as a bonus.

#88 Cellinor

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:46 PM

Unfortunately I do not know how to read the chart. I got into the game with MWO and have no idea about the games cannon. I know "K" variants are Kurita. I wish it was a little more clear which assaults are favored by Kurita.

#89 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostHawkEyes, on 03 August 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Most players use the RAT to determine which mechs are available, and these includes 300 years old machines...

Since I like that new mech smell, I decided to compile a list of where the mech variants are manufactured:
Mech Variants Manufacturer List.html (xls)

I mostly used TROs 3025, 3039 & 3050 since they provided the most precise info (House books are usually too vague about which variant is built). Also this list was put together before PGI's Space-Time Rewind and is set in 3051, so there's a couple manufactures still operating inside the soon-to-be Clan space.

P.S. The Buyable column is for those that want "patriotic" variants, i.e. it is completely built inside your House. This doesn't apply to mercenaries, since they can buy from almost anywhere *shakes fist*.

This is very good!

It is important, tough, to do not use only this table as reference for deployed mechs by the houses, because:

- some mechs produced, for instance, in the FWL, are exported to all Inner Sphere;
- some factories/planets changed hands in the last succession war(s);
- many mechs in service are very old (some might be centenary!), originated in factories that could be even not operational anymore;
- the current mech production is relatively small - and most of the new models are present only in a small quantity through the armed forces;
- most houses use a lot of salvaged mechs.

Edited by Odanan, 04 August 2014 - 05:17 AM.

#90 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

What you have to do is make a sale only applicable to players aligned with a faction...and limit the time you can switch factions to once a month (or some other length of time).

#91 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

This is the way to do a sale. Fit it into lore, not "mechs go to the beach" or whatever [redacted] that was.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 04 August 2014 - 03:29 PM.
Language

#92 Moses Lanknau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

the raven is neither a kuritian design nor was it ever sighted amoung kuritian troops ever in battletech history.

how about more colors, and some distinkt patterns, kuritian regiments are quite colorful:

http://camospecs.com/Faction.asp?ID=14 ???

Edited by CSR Moses Lanknau, 04 August 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#93 Laserhupe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Raging Lotus
  • Raging Lotus
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTreasure Beach

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostAlreech, on 02 August 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

So we should spend now real money on Mechs we can purchase with C-Bills ?

Even basic functions to give the factions a small importance are not implemented in MWO:
  • No factions Crests on the Mechs
  • No player ranking by faction, not even a ranking without faction
Do you realy expect those players who think that factions should have at least some kind of importance in a Battletech Game will buy your old Mechs ? Just because it's some kind of "faction sale" ?

Do you realy think your costumers are that kind of stupid ?

I expected some things from the factions:
  • Faction crests on the Mechs.
  • Player units with faction
  • Ranking by faction for players and player units
  • Reduced C-Bill price for faction Mechs, but only for the players of that faction.
  • Faction specific achivments like the Dragon Slayer banner for Davion Players with a lots of Kurita Kills
By the way CW is announced in the future only one faction will be wise to choose: The Clans, the faction that can use Omnimechs and Clantech in CW.

word. nothin more to say. but hope has gone far far away....

#94 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Steiner, Marik and Liao sales came with a list of variants. Was there a similar list for Kurita sale? Was it published anywhere? Or were all variants of mentioned chassis put on sale?

#95 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostMorang, on 22 August 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Steiner, Marik and Liao sales came with a list of variants. Was there a similar list for Kurita sale? Was it published anywhere? Or were all variants of mentioned chassis put on sale?

Nope:
http://mwomercs.com/...59#entry3603559
Kurita had mechs only.
Steiner and Marik had Mech variants for sale and for the mechbay challenge at the same time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users