#21 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostDaoa Hakoke, on 01 August 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

First thing, the 3/3/3/3 rule in the group que effects mostly what you can have in your group. In other words the larger your group is the more balanced class wise it will be. Just wanted to say that. Also, if you or your friend are not against using ts you guys could jump on with a newbi friendly group and drop together. Could very well provide a better experence for you two.

So I'll throw in a shameless plug and mention the merc group I'm in, the Ransom's Corsairs. We are always happy to see new faces and we do not pressure people to join us. We don't normally run meta and normally we have a rotating group of 6 or up to 12 players on during US prime time.

I know its not what you are trying to discuse here, but it could help out your friend and you. Heck, if you've got your own group you drop with take him to there ts.

Jumping into one of the public teamspeaks with the noob friend and joining the larger groups would be the best advice possible, even if the group is unknown to a player.

#22 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

No
/thread

#23 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostDavers, on 01 August 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

I run lights and mediums in group queues all the time. It is NOT Heavy/Assault only. It's funny how you don't like it when players are coordinated against you, but you want to be coordinated against them.

Why don't you use your premium time and try to set up private matches for you and a friend instead to learn the game?

elitistic nonsense, so 2 people who tryout the game will buy premium for testing a f2p game? it's not about being coordinated against them, also there would be other 2 grp people there balancing thsi out. Not sure how mayn the 2 group people are but maybe makind a match variant of only 2groups would help, so that a grp of two only a few times get int a 10 man group. a single joiining 2 ma group in a 10man group is as much lost and uncoordinated as a pug with a 2 man group.

As long as there is now ingame voip, the newbie teamplay is just dead by how the way the current queueing works. You kidna need to go on a gr of 3 or 4 to prevent getting a 10 man group, because then the coordination by VOIP are clsutered and do not create strange detahballs a newbie won't handle in his new unknown and unskilled mech.

it would by this also make a lot more sense to put high elo players who queue solo into these 10 man matches, than possibly 2 newbies or low elo gamers.

and ther eis practically no 3/3/3/3

out of 5 matches now I tracked only 3 mediums (not counting me) and 9 lights (inculing 6x my friend) . the rest were dominated by heavies, and a good overhang of assaults.

and tellign epople to go ts to anoter group basically kills all casual friend gaming, because not everyone who wants to play 2 or 3 matches with a friend wants to look for a group first.

#24 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 August 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

elitistic nonsense, so 2 people who tryout the game will buy premium for testing a f2p game? it's not about being coordinated against them, also there would be other 2 grp people there balancing thsi out. Not sure how mayn the 2 group people are but maybe makind a match variant of only 2groups would help, so that a grp of two only a few times get int a 10 man group. a single joiining 2 ma group in a 10man group is as much lost and uncoordinated as a pug with a 2 man group.

As long as there is now ingame voip, the newbie teamplay is just dead by how the way the current queueing works. You kidna need to go on a gr of 3 or 4 to prevent getting a 10 man group, because then the coordination by VOIP are clsutered and do not create strange detahballs a newbie won't handle in his new unknown and unskilled mech.

it would by this also make a lot more sense to put high elo players who queue solo into these 10 man matches, than possibly 2 newbies or low elo gamers.

and ther eis practically no 3/3/3/3

out of 5 matches now I tracked only 3 mediums (not counting me) and 9 lights (inculing 6x my friend) . the rest were dominated by heavies, and a good overhang of assaults.

and tellign epople to go ts to anoter group basically kills all casual friend gaming, because not everyone who wants to play 2 or 3 matches with a friend wants to look for a group first.

You have premium time already. Your friend doesn't need any. Check out https://mwolobby.com/ or make post on this forum (or on Outreach/NGNG) to try to find some people to play against.

Sorry that this is an inconvenience for you and your friend, but groups never should have dropped against pugs in the first place.

#25 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 August 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

you do realize that averages to be about 2.6 per match right?

If you want to "train", use private matches. Opening the training grounds up to any size group would fix it as well. Putting 2mans into the solo isn't going to happen.

#26 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 August 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Because of those mechclasses being used so much, the waiting times for matches are extremely long. easily 5mins +

How should I show someone new the game under this conditions? The gaming experience is quite horrible for newbies. All I would need to do is telling him to go to solo queue? That can hardly be the point of an online game.

These are the valid reasons.

This is the "full" experience for 2 and 3 man groups in premades using lights or balanced loadouts. The only way to have fast match making is to run assaults or heavies.

#27 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 August 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

you do realize that averages to be about 2.6 per match right?

dunno what math you use, but in 5 games should be 2x3 lights/mediums, which makes 6 er match, or 30 medium/lights, while yet there were 18 which amkes an average of 3,6 nearly only half of those that should be there. and if we would want to play seriously on a competitive meta, it would have reduced this to only 6, meaning 1,2 per match.

#28 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 August 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

Opening the training grounds up to any size group would fix it as well.

Not going to happen, the training grounds are actually client side, so who's client is going to run them? Pretty sure ghost heat doesn't work in the training grounds either, its added server side.

#29 Daoa Hakoke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'm a little shocked that you want to get your friend into playing mwo and want to work together, but you are mad that other players are working together and you are unwilling to try and expose your friend to the kind of team work that makes every player better at this game.

But to each there own, if you only want to drop in the solo que, you have to play solo. If you want to play in a group and are tired of losing because your "just" a two man, then find a larger group to drop with some.

#30 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 August 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

dunno what math you use, but in 5 games should be 2x3 lights/mediums, which makes 6 er match,

which would be 3 per side
2.6*2 = 5.2
and even still,

if that's the case, what would that have to do with solo queue vs. group queue?
I drop in both and trust me, there's no more diversity in either one. You have the same match ups in either queue so I fail to see how moving you to the solo queue is going to change that.

#31 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Nope.

#32 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 01 August 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Not going to happen, the training grounds are actually client side, so who's client is going to run them? Pretty sure ghost heat doesn't work in the training grounds either, its added server side.

so?
you host it for your buddies if you want to train em.
who cares about ghost heat? If you can train with new friends and or your units do you really care about ghost heat? There's more to training and understanding the game than ghost heat. You can explain that to them and then show them how it works in a real game later. If anyone actually complained about ghost heat then they really weren't concerned about training and helping new friends into the game anyhow and that's not what their true goal was in the first place

#33 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostDavers, on 01 August 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

Why don't you use your premium time and try to set up private matches for you and a friend instead to learn the game?

That's actually NOT the case. It requires 2 players AT MINIMUM with premium time to run non-12v12 teams. This means the match creator AND the other person to have premium time.

That's quite of a commitment for just 2 players. I'm sure there are others willing to offer since they may be running on premium time, but you LITERALLY NEED 2 players on PREMIUM TIME to get lobbies to function in a non-12v12 capacity.

Edit:
With respect to the OP, your solution won't work, as keeping the solo queue "pure" is at the utmost importance. Giving the possibility for people to complain at every whim at even the "slightly" notion that there is a premade, will drive them crazy.

What you should be asking for is a small group queue.. "an intermediate level" (premades of 2 to 4) before the big sized premades (5-10 or 12), so that you can get a "fairer match".

The thing is, what you really should be asking for PGI are better tutorials.. because whatever we have for tutorials are woefully insufficient in getting people to do the fundamental things we expect them to do.

In any case, having 2-man groups in the solo queue is really just bad for business.

Edited by Deathlike, 01 August 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#34 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 01 August 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

That's actually NOT the case. It requires 2 players AT MINIMUM with premium time to run non-12v12 teams. This means the match creator AND the other person to have premium time.

That's why I said to use MWOLobby and forum posting to find a team to play against. :P

#35 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 August 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

so?
you host it for your buddies if you want to train em.

PGI can't build a UI in TWO YEARS that is elegant, effective, or concise. You think they are going to be able to handle peer-2-peer networking......stickly through the client, WITHOUT it getting hacked to ****?

#36 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostDavers, on 01 August 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

That's why I said to use MWOLobby and forum posting to find a team to play against. :P

Haven't been there in a while, but it's been a ghost town (there are still people there, but it's pretty bare relatively speaking) whenever I have dropped by.

It's simply better to get on TS, probably NGNG or Comstar to find a group to help out... it's probably for the best.

Edited by Deathlike, 01 August 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#37 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 August 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

which would be 3 per side
2.6*2 = 5.2
and even still,

if that's the case, what would that have to do with solo queue vs. group queue?
I drop in both and trust me, there's no more diversity in either one. You have the same match ups in either queue so I fail to see how moving you to the solo queue is going to change that.

yeah right, the ratio is even more horrible I forgot the other siede would also have to have 6 of this class, so it woudl toally be 60lights/mediums who shoudl ahve been int hsi matcehs. so the actually ratio was 1.8.

And what it has to do with the solo/groupdrop? in a proper 3/3/3/3 setup there would also be similar equipped/weak targets available. thats the huge difference for a newbie who may have decided in its inexpierenced state to go for a light/medium mech. Also the chance for him coming around a corner getting instant vapoorised by high dmg pinpoint mechs would be lower, since there would be less heavies/assaults carrying these laodouts.

#38 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Agreed.. groups of 2 should be able to match into the pug drop... perhaps if their ELO is low enough? Been trying to teach my wife, and at first was using a new account so we could both run champion mechs... Well lets just say that we didn't fair to well... and certainly makes it hard for her to learn (first mechwarrior ever)

An alternative fix would be to highly improve on the tutorial, because currently it is near worthless.. specially forcing new players to use third person, arm lock, AND throttle decay...

Edited by Ashnod, 01 August 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#39 Iskareot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 433 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNW,IN

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

If we have to do this then...........................

We want LRMS slowed down like were before....

ALSO we then want to know who the two man teams are by different color or something

ALSO we want a limit of LRM driven mechs from boat builds and make them wait longer.

Do all this and I have no issue lol...

#40 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostIskareot, on 01 August 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

If we have to do this then...........................

We want LRMS slowed down like were before....

ALSO we then want to know who the two man teams are by different color or something

ALSO we want a limit of LRM driven mechs from boat builds and make them wait longer.

Do all this and I have no issue lol...

You forgot, ECM must be matched.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users