Store

35 replies to this topic

#21 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

I want to thank you all for your input. However, a lot of the discussion above seems to be about the credit card industry and how all of you feel as to the way it works. That discussion is a little off-topic for this forum thread. Although, it may relate to the underlying reason which stated this thread.

Really what I’m asking is, “Should this website offer a $24.95 MC package so players can have a package that a $25 gift card can fully purchase?”

To me this seems like a good business move on MWO’s part. Every time a player uses a $25 gift card an amount of $3.10 is left on that card. That $3.10 will never be used for MWO as you cannot use two or more gift cards to buy an MC package. The balance cannot be used for the next purchase of MC. That fact is what started this thread. That $3.10 left on the card is not just a loss to the customer/player but also to MWO, because they will never see it.

By offering a $24.95 package for say 5350 MC, MWO benefits from the extra income and the player benefits for the added convenience. Both win.

Weiland – Thank you for your suggestion. Is that like a bank pre-paid card? I didn’t see it referred to in MWO’s webpage to purchase MC.

Zerberus – Not sure what you mean by:

“…yet here, and nowhere else, it`s somehow suddenly a problem that PGI "has" to solve, even though the supposed "cause" of the issue (25$ gift cards) are going away forever soon, anyway.”

Are Visa and MasterCard (and others like these) going out of production? These are the gift cards to which I am referring. Not UGC or any other vender gift card. BTW, I’m not whining. I’m just hoping to solve one small problem. For both MWO and its customers. :blink:

Here’s the poll link if you think that a $24.95 MC package offering is a good idea (or not).

http://mwomercs.com/...age-be-offered/
Thanks again for your comments :P

#22 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostAyrmoon, on 03 August 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

I want to thank you all for your input. However, a lot of the discussion above seems to be about the credit card industry and how all of you feel as to the way it works. That discussion is a little off-topic for this forum thread. Although, it may relate to the underlying reason which stated this thread.

Really what I’m asking is, “Should this website offer a $24.95 MC package so players can have a package that a $25 gift card can fully purchase?”

To me this seems like a good business move on MWO’s part. Every time a player uses a $25 gift card an amount of $3.10 is left on that card. That $3.10 will never be used for MWO as you cannot use two or more gift cards to buy an MC package. The balance cannot be used for the next purchase of MC. That fact is what started this thread. That $3.10 left on the card is not just a loss to the customer/player but also to MWO, because they will never see it.

By offering a $24.95 package for say 5350 MC, MWO benefits from the extra income and the player benefits for the added convenience. Both win.

Weiland – Thank you for your suggestion. Is that like a bank pre-paid card? I didn’t see it referred to in MWO’s webpage to purchase MC.

Zerberus – Not sure what you mean by:

“…yet here, and nowhere else, it`s somehow suddenly a problem that PGI "has" to solve, even though the supposed "cause" of the issue (25$ gift cards) are going away forever soon, anyway.”

Are Visa and MasterCard (and others like these) going out of production? These are the gift cards to which I am referring. Not UGC or any other vender gift card. BTW, I’m not whining. I’m just hoping to solve one small problem. For both MWO and its customers. :blink:

Here’s the poll link if you think that a $24.95 MC package offering is a good idea (or not).

http://mwomercs.com/...age-be-offered/
Thanks again for your comments :P

but
those cards are going away anyhow.

#23 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostAyrmoon, on 03 August 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Wieland – Thank you for your suggestion. Is that like a bank pre-paid card? I didn’t see it referred to in MWO’s webpage to purchase MC.

Have not used it myself, but from what i read
  • Purchase paysafecard at your nearest sales outlet. You can find one with the sales outlet finder.
  • When you buy paysafecard, you can choose between the following amounts: 10, 25, 50, or $ 100.
  • Pay with paysafecard at webshops by simply entering the 16-digit paysafecard PIN.
You can make larger payments by combining up to 10 paysafecard PINs. Combining PINs also allows you to use up any remaining credit on a paysafecard PIN.

The US MC buy page doesnt have paysafecard but the british for example has it.
In theory it should be possible to pay on the United Kingdom page(should be in english), it includes a fee of 4.04% for different currency.

Edited by Wieland, 03 August 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#24 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

Sandpit – I’m not sure to which cards you are referring? The UGC’s or something else. I understand that the UGC card are going away. But I am talking about being able to use a $25 Visa or MasterCard Gift Card (or similar bank gift cards) to buy MC without leaving any money on the card. A $24.95 offering of MC would take care of this problem and I would think give MWO more profit in the long run.

Wieland – That clears things up a bit, Thanks. But, I’m still hoping that our Canadian cousins will be kind to their cousins to the south and offer a $24.95 package here in the states (and every else that it would be useful to have offered). :blink:

Thanks again :P

Edited by Ayrmoon, 03 August 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#25 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Updated the poll results to this thread (in the first post). I hoping that more people will stop by and offer a vote on this topic. You can do so here: Should A $24.95 MC Package Be Offered?

Thank you and Happy Hunting :D

Edited by Ayrmoon, 14 August 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#26 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

AntharPrime - Thank you for your response. I know that there are other ways of paying for MC. But this thread is specifically about using a $25 Gift Card (like a Visa or MasterCard Gift Card) for the purpose of buying MC.

To try to answer your question partially. People do receive gift cards as, well... as a gift. :) So if you have one (a $25 Visa Gift Card) and you want to buy MC with it, you are going to end up leaving $3.10 on that card.

It just seems to me to be a good business decision to offer a $24.95 MC package. I mean, the customer is already there on the site buying MC and MWO is leaving $3.10 on the card when it could go into their pocket. And at the same time, by offering that $24.95 package, make life for the customer/player a little easier and less frustrated.

Just my two cents -_-

Edited by Ayrmoon, 14 August 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#27 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 02 August 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

The point really is - in two months it's a moot point since you won't be able to use *ANY* UGCs. If you don't have enough money to buy $50 worth of UGC, buy a $20 Visa/Mastercard/AMEX gift card and use that instead since that's a supported increment of MC and it will be usable with the pay system in place, and will continue to be usable after September.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/

Don't those gift cards have activation fees? Whereas I can find UGCs for sale (not "on sale"- regular price) for face value...

#28 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

Sephlock – To answer your question in your post above about the activation fee for the bank gift card (ie. Visa or MasterCard type gift cards), yes they do have that extra charge. The UGC's do not (maybe that’s one of the reasons it’s going out of business?).

Please be careful though, if you have or are buying up UGC’s, you need to use them right away. They will no longer be honored after a certain date in August (sorry, I can’t remember what that day is). You will have to go to their website and see if it’s stated there.

If anyone else would like to make a comment on having a $25 offering of MC, please do. And thanks in advance. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE TO UGC USE: For an update on how long the UDC will be accepted on this website, please refer to this link.

Edited by Ayrmoon, 14 August 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#29 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

They should add the option to take bitcoin and dogecoin. TO THE MOON!

(anyone PM me your doge wallet address for some free dogecoins)

Edited by Rizzelbizzeg, 12 August 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#30 Gralzeim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 366 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

Meh, I'd just wait till this game is on Steam, then you can use Steam Wallet cards.

#31 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Gralzeim - I'm not sure what "Steam Wallet" is. Guess I'll have to google it and try to find out. Still, the purpose of this thread is to explore the possibility of having an offering of MC at $24.95 so people can use a $25 bank gift card without leaving any money (ok, except 5 cents is left on it ;-) on that gift card. Right now, with the MC rates, a $25 bank gift card will still have $3.10 left on it.

Happy Hunting :D

Edited by Ayrmoon, 14 August 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#32 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostFDJustin, on 03 August 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

And yes, Zerberus, every adult 'should' have a credit card. Sometimes their situation prevents it. Sometimes they're misguided, thinking credit cards are evil. Sometimes they lack the self control to not rack up debt, and make a conscious choice to keep it from being an issue.

Most bank cards are now either a Visa or MasterCard as well and they don't let you pull more than you have in your account at the time if they are set up correctly. Everyone over the age of 18 should have one. Most of them don't charge you a thing either if you make X number of "Pinned Purchases" a month (usually 4-5 and it doesn't matter how much it is. Take $20 out of the ATM then walk over and redeposit it.)

Where I live no one will accept personal checks so it is cash or credit card and the bank card is perfect.

#33 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

I had another idea: a sale on the $30 package to make it $25 temporarily.

#34 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Sandslice - That would be awesome! ;)

Happy Hunting :)

Edited by Ayrmoon, 19 August 2014 - 03:39 AM.

#35 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Sephlock – To answer your question in your post above about the activation fee for the bank gift card (ie. Visa or MasterCard type gift cards), yes they do have that extra charge. The UGC's do not (maybe that’s one of the reasons it’s going out of business?).

Please be careful though, if you have or are buying up UGC’s, you need to use them right away. They will no longer be honored after a certain date in August (sorry, I can’t remember what that day is). You will have to go to their website and see if it’s stated there.

If anyone else would like to make a comment on having a $25 offering of MC, please do. And thanks in advance. ;)

UPDATE TO UGC USE: For an update on how long the UDC will be accepted on this website, please refer to this link.

Edited by Ayrmoon, 22 August 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#36 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

I am hoping that more people will stop by and offer a vote on this topic. You can do so here: Should A $24.95 MC Package Be Offered?

Thank you and Happy Hunting ;)

Reminder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users