<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

Low Framerate? Tell us about it here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
How had the patch generally affected your performance?
Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
* Possible workaround for FPS issues:
You have two options to get your FPS to normal, you can either
A ) Use one of the presets (Low, Medium, High, Very High)
or
B ) Make sure that you alter every setting in the custom settings. If you've just altered one, it may be what is causing your issue.

#2 JTAlweezy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 269 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

I was playing yesterday and notized that my frame rate when recieving lrm fire to my cockpit or anywhere on screen where i can see explosions, would cause my frame rate to drop to almost 0, when antialiasing was at TXAA, as opposed to PXAA

my average fps is 70 with antialiasing at pxaa and everything else at max, with res of 1920x1080

Edited by JTAlweezy, 05 August 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#3 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Either the server(s) are struggling, or there is something wonky with the traffic between West Coast USA and the servers. 2/7 matches with major lag/disconnects.

#4 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

For the love of all that's holy, remove the stupid reconnect feature. I'm getting Desyncs every third or fourth match. It's making the game unplayable, and it's ONLY been like this since the Reconnect feature went live.

Edit: Okay, second match in a row where the game has completely Desync'ed, resulting in everything just moving in place. Fortunately, in this particular instance, the game resynced about 20 secs later. I was dead at the time, so it didn't really help. UNTIL THIS GODDAMN ISSUE GETS RESOLVED, I will find something else to do. I'm sorry, but this really is a game breaker. I'll come back when it's fixed.

Edited by Thunder Child, 06 August 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#5 Ross Willox

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

Have the same prob since the resync patch.

Location is Germany. 15%-25% of the matches have huge desyncs (resulting in "moonwalks") sometimes the sync comes back after 10 - 20 seconds sometimes only restart and resync helps (but does not help to avoid the destroyed mech).

#6 tryunus

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Heavy lag here too. I have patched today and didn't change any graphical options. Can't play the game anymore. Motion blur is off. But i noticed that there is motion blur ingame. I noticed that there is a better texture quality too, but my option is the same as before the patch.

Thanks

#7 Sharg

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

Just had a game where halfway through the match, there was a huge desync. About half the players disconnected over the course of 2 minutes, and the rest were rubber banding everywhere. It was hilarious.

#8 Megafree

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

for 3 patches in a row, massive desync every game!!!! everybody just warpin around.... no more games for me until next patch... just absolutly unplayable at the moment!

#9 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

desync(rubberbanding) at least alittle every game now been getting steadily worse the last three patches

fps is slightly worse, but its the desync thats killing this game

#10 Red Sea

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBeach, toes in sand, tan, tan, tan

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

The J Geils band is alive and well in mech warrior, total freeze frame!! Many many rounds in heavy battle and then running in place. All recently, never had this issue before, maybe once or twice in beta.

#11 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

The game has become essentially unplayable for me due to overwhelming rubberbanding.

And this video shows a pretty tame example of what games are like. Ping is 38, yet I'm all over the place. Game used to run like butter for me. Ever since the previous patch and now this patch, the game is broken. I don't think it's my machine. Star Citizen multiplayer runs with no problem, the repair tool says my files are good. The rubberbanding started about the time the rejoin feature was implemented. Odd thing is, occasionally I can get good games. I have no idea what the trigger is, but once it is triggered, it's over.

I hope you fix it soon.

Edited by Rashhaverak, 07 August 2014 - 04:33 AM.

#12 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

spent 40 seconds whatching other units jug in place; when I came out of it I was half-way across the map, in the water, with my Wang's right arm missing.

:D

#13 JoolNoret

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

Yep ....
About 3 or 4 patches worth of jogging in place and teleporting across maps.

#14 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

connectivity is fracked, lag and rubber banding everywhere.

A bit of a Charlie Foxtrot if you ask me

#15 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

Has even one player heard any acknowledgment whatsoever that the problem is being taken seriously or do we have to keep supplying proof that , yes, it hasn't magically fixed itself quite yet?

#16 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

leave a match after being killed i get connecting connecting connecting connecting connecting connecting connecting into eternity. Please make a shortcut so i dont have to keep hitting ctrl alt del and restart your poorly developed game.

#17 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

De syncing is occurring on a daily basis now with at least 2 games a day desyncing. Sometimes I'm lucky to be far enough away from the main fight I exit the match and reconnect and get back into the fight. Most of the time thou I reconnect into a dead mech. Or if I wait 1 minute the game resyncs itself and boom my mech spontaneously explodes. Most of the desync matches I'm reconnecting into a dead mech.

The desync issue started with the clan mech patch in July17. Now its consistently desyncing at least 2 games a day.

i73820 running at 4GZ, 16GB Patriot Ram, Gigabyte X79 UP4 mobo
Nvidia GTX 670 with all video driver settings to performance and "application setting"
MWO client video settings set to LOW
average FPS 60

#18 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

[color=#00FFFF]Low Framerate? Tell us about it here![/color]

[color=#00FFFF]Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]How had the patch generally affected your performance?[/color]
No
[color=#00FFFF]Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]During hits my large number of AC and LRM munitions. Also during engagements with many mechs in one small area.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Everything to low or turned off. The settings have not been changed.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]I would have 10 or 11 frames persecond in the mechlab, but in game depending on the map 14 fps on new maps and 9-10 on the frozen city maps.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Toshiba Satellite A505 (the non=nividia 310 graphics card one)[/color]
Windows 7 Home
Processor Intel ® Core ™ i3 CPW M330 @2.13 GHz
Ram 4 GB
System type 64 Bit

[color=#00FFFF]Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location[/color]
It should be 3 from Frontier due to distance from the substation about two miles away.
North eastern Pennsylvania.

[color=#00FFFF] [/color][color=#00FFFF] [/color]
[color=#00FFFF]* Possible workaround for FPS issues:[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]You have two options to get your FPS to normal, you can either[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]A ) Use one of the presets (Low, Medium, High, Very High)[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]or[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]B ) Make sure that you alter every setting in the custom settings. If you've just altered one, it may be what is causing your issue. [/color]

One thing I have noticed, I can drop into a match again now maybe 30 seconds or 120 seconds after the 15 minute clock started. Also desync from the game and run around looking at mechs running in place and some times warping.

#19 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

Just had a ridiculously laggy round of Canyon Network Skirmish. Mechs teleporting and moonwalking everywhere.

#20 Karm Asutor

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

it's unplayable atm. Having the same issues with rubberbanding, disco's, even the game crashes to desktop occasionally without a error. Framerate and ping seems to be ok.

Wih each patch it's getting worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users