76 replies to this topic

#21 HarlekinEO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts
  • Location36th Dieron Regulars

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

I have alot disconnects during a match. I have a stable connection (my router shows no dcs) and the ping was ok, for my location.

#22 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

I used to play at 38 fps, after a dozen patches it was whittled away to 17 fps. Now add to that all the de-syncs, lag and discos and it makes for a very poor game. And this is NA east coast, I can't begin to imagine the crap the rest of the world is getting.

#23 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 05 August 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

[color=#00FFFF]Low Framerate? Tell us about it here![/color]

[color=#00FFFF]Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]How had the patch generally affected your performance?[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]* Possible workaround for FPS issues:[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]You have two options to get your FPS to normal, you can either[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]A ) Use one of the presets (Low, Medium, High, Very High)[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]or[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]B ) Make sure that you alter every setting in the custom settings. If you've just altered one, it may be what is causing your issue. [/color]

Niko, is there any news/info you can pass along about what is being done to fix the lag/desync problem that is effecting nearly every player in the game?

Edited by Bulletsponge0, 09 August 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#24 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Catastrophic performance of the server right now on Saturday afternoon 9th August.

But why should I tell this to somebody. You know it already, but nobody cares about it !

#25 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Connectivity droped over 50%. More then half games are un-synchroniced.

#26 Jorgandr

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Connectivity is so horrible the game is completely unplayable now.

#27 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

What is most interesting about the latest hotfix regarding clan ERLL is I have not seen any forum post anywhere prior to the hotfix that included at least 5 people complaining about Clan ER large lasers? It would be understandable if PGI responds to weapon balance for a reason but to make a change when nobody had a problem with it shows a knee jerk reaction without thinking things through.

Now I heard that PGI responds to the rage only after a hotfix. So are they removing the heat penalty linked to firing more than 1 Clan ERLL now?

#28 Intruder

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

Performance is worse - I've changed nothing since the patch.

The main issue is periodic freezing and huge lag-spikes and a few times I've just been completely removed from the game server. This had not happened at all in the previous few patches.

I run the game at Medium on an i7 3.2 GHz, nVidia GTX680 and 12 Meg of DD3 RAM

Average FPS is probably 35ish.

I get about 13MBPS on my UK ISP.

#29 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

i rubber band a lot now. while I normally wouldnt mind a lag spike here and there... with this last patch, when ever a push starts, I start to rubber band, and well... if I'm blocking a choke point because of said lagstorm, it affects my team mates... and thats what I hate more then me dieing...

#30 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:15 AM

So far I haven't had a problem but I've seen people disconnect left and right during matches so something is up. I keep telling them to run the repair tool (not the in-game one) but that doesn't seem to be working for everyone so /shrug.

That's my feedback

#31 wargallow

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

Since the last patch my ping has been somewhere in the vicinity of 500ms. The game is unplayable for me.
Having been a founder, and supporting them by buying various mechs, and the clan mechs etc (I shudder to think how much money I've spent on this game) I am very disppointed.
I suppose they do not care as they have my money already and I am just left with an unplayable mess of a game.
I know the lag is NOT my internet connect as my other online games are fine.
Some feedback from them would be most welcome, but there is none.

#32 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

do they read these?

#33 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hit registration is quite terrible these days. Whether a programming or server issue, MWO was never this bad for me since I first joined, despite a 130+ ping from Poland. This is with ping jitter approaching zero and a 100Mbps connection both ways, so no, not an issue on my end.

#34 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

You ever heard the saying two steps forward 3 steps back. Thats how i am feeling your development is going. I get the eternal connecting screen after leaving a match after being killed. So I have to hit ctrl alt del and cancel the game and restart. So when i get back in the game two minutes later i get the eternal refreshing data screen and have to restart again. I know I know. Uh huh Uh huh have you tried running our patch tool. Geeeeez. Oh Oh i almost forgot it gets old shooting and not hitting the target because of your massive amounts of invisible barriers. Please fix your issues as I have been suckered into spending a good bit of money on this game and am now stuck playing it.

#35 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

As I type this, I have a nova sweatin' to the oldies in front of me. He's going to be in the best shape of his life because he has been doing it for 5 minutes now.

Edited by Podex, 10 August 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#36 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

I WANT A REFUND FOR BUYING ALL THE CLAN MECHS. EVER SINCE I HAVE AND YOU IMPLEMENTED THEM THIS IS THE MOST LAGGY MESSED UP GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. I usually send good praising post in games that are doing well but i am struggling to find anything. Leave a match after getting killed guess what the eternal connecting screen and then shortly after that the eternal refreshing data. And of course the invisible barriers in the game are ridiculous I hate to say this but you might need to get some lessons from them Russian developers over at Gaijin.

View PostBulletsponge0, on 10 August 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

do they read these?

Only the positive ones LOL

#37 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

AND OH YEAH MISSILES ARE ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS IN THIS GAME.

#38 ei8ht

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 82 posts
  • Locationobscured by ECM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:33 AM

PGI, can you post an update or response as regards this issue?

Teleporting/rubberbanding/desyncing/moonwalking/whateveryoucallit is getting worse. Since the "rejoin" patch, 1 in 3 matches. Really friggin frustrating.

What's more frustrating is that PGI seems oblivious and unresponsive.

#39 Borkenkaefer

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

Unplayabe crap game , lol . I am out ! Just before i started. Learn to setup decent servers.

Edited by Borkenkaefer, 11 August 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#40 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

Even if it is buggy Piranha code or PGI networking (even though it shows up only in some matches), it takes time to debug.

Edited by OriginalTibs, 11 August 2014 - 05:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users