Weapon Systems You're Looking Forward To?

78 replies to this topic

#41 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

AC 15 to bridge the gap

#42 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

Heavy lasers.

Just, heavy lasers.

Well, MRMs would also be fun, but heavy lasers have my heart.

#43 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

Arrow IV, MRM, light Gauss, x-pulse laser.

Edited by ArmandTulsen, 12 August 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#44 Varent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

please, please, please.... put in melee attacks and melee weapons. Its proper in any year. K Thanks.

#45 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:07 AM

View PostEximar, on 10 August 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

AC 15 to bridge the gap

This topic is about things from the Mechwarrior/Battletech universe that are upcoming in the timeline. There is no AC/15 at any point.

#46 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 18 August 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

This topic is about things from the Mechwarrior/Battletech universe that are upcoming in the timeline. There is no AC/15 at any point.

It's in SSW right now.

#47 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

ssw??????

#48 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostEximar, on 18 August 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

It's in SSW right now.

Super Sayian Walkers?

#49 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

View Postkosmos1214, on 18 August 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

ssw??????

Solaris Skunk Werks, a freeware Java based custom mech program for table top Battletech. It is not an official product. Sounds like someone added an unofficial weapon to Eximar's copy. I've yet to hear of an AC15 in any official product.

Edited by Escef, 19 August 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#50 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

Never said it's canon, was just saying that it does exist in the BT universe in response to QC's statement.

#51 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostEximar, on 19 August 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Never said it's canon, was just saying that it does exist in the BT universe in response to QC's statement.

If it's not canon than it does not, by definition of what canon means, exist in the universe.

#52 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

I would argue that if it exists in a widely used BT product, like SSW/SAW, then it exists in the universe.

Thankfully, canon isn't everything.

#53 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostEximar, on 19 August 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

I would argue that if it exists in a widely used BT product, like SSW/SAW, then it exists in the universe.

Let me explain just how dumb your point of view is.

There are werewolves and demons in the Battletech universe. No, they're not canon, but they're there.

EDIT: Also, I have the most recent version of SSW installed on my computer, and there is NO AC15 in it. If your copy has it, than you have a modified copy that someone added an AC15 to for use in his houseruled game.

Edited by Escef, 19 August 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#54 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

My bad, I looked at SSW real quick and it's not there, it's probably in MegaMekLab, but I don't have that at my office.

Your example is a poor straw man. Let me explain to you what's dumb. Getting butthurt over a random suggestion in a meaningless thread, because, merciful heavens, it isn't canon! Everything in this game must be canon!!!

Oh yeah, too late.

#55 DustySkunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostEximar, on 19 August 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

I would argue that if it exists in a widely used BT product, like SSW/SAW, then it exists in the universe.[/color]

I hear you. However SSW is a product made by fans, for fans. It isn't officially licensed in any way. Technically the same could be said for Sarna, but part of Sarna's mission is to provide unambiguous information (that is, if something isn't canon, they make it very clear that it isn't). Look, there are a number of house rules to every game or sport out there. Just because many people may play with them doesn't make them official. Battletech is no different, and an AC15 is a player-made "house rule."

If anyone was allowed to make anything for the game and say "it's canon 'cause people use it" we'd have Nyan-cats armed with 18 super light medium pulse ER lasers tea-bagging Mecha-Godzillas while Atlases flew by at 115 kph with super-jumpjets shooting their portal guns.

Extreme (and facetious) example, I know- but it demonstrates my point. Also, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to be an a-hole. I just believe that it's important to have a consistent set of information for everyone to work with

Edited by DustySkunk, 19 August 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#56 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostEximar, on 19 August 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

My bad, I looked at SSW real quick and it's not there, it's probably in MegaMekLab, but I don't have that at my office.

It is in MegaMekLab. Which means all of jack and crap. It's a fan created product, it has as much say on what is and is not in the universe as fanfiction about Riker and Worf having a baby together has on the Star Trek universe: none.

Your example is a poor straw man.

No, it's actually an example of something that equals how ludicrous your position is. EDIT: To be more concise, what I stated was an analogy. A strawman would be if I claimed you had taken a position that you had not endorsed, and then attacked that position.

Let me explain to you what's dumb. Getting butthurt over a random suggestion in a meaningless thread, because, merciful heavens, it isn't canon!

No, what's dumb is expecting me to be "butthurt". I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around how anyone capable of tying their own shoes thinks that fan created content has any relevancy to what does and does not exist inside of the universe of an intellectual property.

Edited by Escef, 19 August 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#57 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostEximar, on 19 August 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

You either have a very strange definition of 'the universe', or you're wrong.

The universe of Battletech is defined by the official material, put out by FASA, and then later WizKids and Catalyst Labs. Regardless of how much I dislike it, the Dark Age material is part of the universe and there are times when I have to deal with that. Often with tongue firmly in cheek, but I have to deal with that. The same goes for anyone else who dislikes part of the core material.

This is what 'canon' is- that which is defined by the originator of the setting as part of the setting.

True, canon is not everything. However it -is- defined by official material and later defines other official material. Whether or not MWO is an accurate representation of the canon- or original, or core, or whatever word you want to use- official material (it's not, and I'm not saying that this is a good thing or a bad thing either way), it is an official product. Being an official product, it behooves those making it and responsible for it (in this case PGI, IGP, and Microsoft) to follow canon material to whatever degree they can while taking into account necessary differences (such as adjustments for a realtime simulator rather than a tactical turn-based game).

Being a core- or canon- based product, MWO cannot be expected to use material, popular or otherwise, that is not part of the core or canon. While it is theoretically possible, and a certain degree of variation (see: Beagle, UAC jamming, function of ECM) is to be expected, equipment that is not now and never before has been part of the core or canon materials in any way, shape or form is unlikely and would be a complete surprise.

As this thread was created with the express intent of referring to anticipation of the arrival of weapons that already exist in canon, your expectation of an AC/15 does not belong in this thread, as it does not fall under the auspices of the original poster's intent.

TL, DR; If you wish to theorize about or hope for non-canon weaponry, this is not the thread for that- which is what I was saying in the first place. I make no judgement to the feasibility or desirability of an autocannon/15. However talking about a non-canon weapon like that is not what this thread was created for.

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 19 August 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#58 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles,mainly the 40 one :D

Also i want a Heavy naval PPC locust

#59 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 22 August 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

Also i want a Heavy naval PPC locust

Heavy Naval PPC is 3000 tons weight. Don't think the locust can fit it.

http://www.sarna.net...Heavy_Naval_PPC

#60 KhanCipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

this is a list of most of the standard weapons/equipment that come out by 3060

Clans:
- Heavy Lasers (3059)
- ER Micro/Micro Pulse (3060)
- Advanced Tactical Missiles or ATMs for short (3058)
- Light/Heavy MGs (3060/3059)
- Light TAG (3054)
- Light Active Probe (2900, according to sarna)

IS:
- All missing UACs
- All missing LBXs (of which only the LBX10 is straight up better than the AC10 in TT, with the LBX20 being 11 crits and all)
- All missing ERs
- SSRM4s/6s (seriously, how can IS engineers be this bad when taking this damn long to get SSRM4s and 6s ready)
- Light Gauss (3056)
- MRMs (3058)

Thinking about it now, IS severely gets the short end of the stick and doesn't quite anything really great till about 3070.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users