#1 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

Not sure when we will be seeing more warhorns added to the game but I wold love a Stuka dive bomber Siren. Firstly its a amazingly terrifying sound, and secondly it looks really cool.

Edited by DONTOR, 05 August 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#2 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 05 August 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Not sure when we will be seeing more warhorns added to the game but I wold love a Stuka dive bomber Siren. Firstly its a amazingly terrifying sound, and secondly it looks really cool.

hmm ... care to explain why you love the sound of a weapon of terror used in the bloodiest war in history specifically against civilians? And where is the relation to a game which takes place in a 31th century scify scenario?

Also just a little hint: there are countries in which this kind of glorification violates the law and could result in MWO being banned in such a country ...

#3 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

Some of us love horror, the sights the sounds. I dont need to explain why, and no it wouldnt make it illegal in any country as Warthunder has this very sound and siren implemented in the game already.

Shouldnt warhorns be frightening?

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 05 August 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

And where is the relation to a game which takes place in a 31th century scify scenario?

Many of the current warhorns and cockpit items are from current times so that point is moot.

#4 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 05 August 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Some of us love horror, the sights the sounds. I dont need to explain why, and no it wouldnt make it illegal in any country as Warthunder has this very sound and siren implemented in the game already.

well first of all - that authorities don't act on a case doesn't make it legal, I don't know Warthunder and in which situation this sound is played but I'm pretty sure if that sound is used as a warhorn in MWO it could be seen as a glorification of that very sound and what it represents - a weapon of terror. I'm pretty sure this would be illegal - at least according to german law (which is an important marked for MWO).

Also you might love that sound - other players might feel sickend by that - you see the difference to the screaming monkey for example? the later is just annoying. And yes I know that many of the warhorns do not fit into the scenario, that does not make the argument invalid.

#5 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

True not everyone would like every sound implmented, I still doubt Germany would find anything illegal with a siren from history being used in a video game, but you never know. It is really unique/cool looking though.

#6 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 07 August 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

True not everyone would like every sound implmented, I still doubt Germany would find anything illegal with a siren from history being used in a video game, but you never know. It is really unique/cool looking though.

Actually Germany has banned several games because the games did show {Godwin's Law}-signs/symbols - that Stuko-Siren could be considered as such a symbol - espeacially if you consider what those Stukas where being used for (attacks on civilian targets). In fact those game where not only banned - even owing them is a considered a crime

#7 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

I perosnally don't care but I don't get the connection with the Stuka siren and future "Battle Mechs". If there would be fighters in this game like the shilone bomber ok but Mechs don't really need such a warhorn "siren".

#8 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 05 August 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

care to explain why you love the sound of a weapon of terror used in the bloodiest war in history

Because it's... cool?

specifically against civilians?

Use against Warsaw was a rare exception. Dive bomber was a pinpoint battlefield and naval weapon. It sacrifies payload and range for precision. Heavy level bombers like Lancaster, Liberator or Flying Fortress were major weapons or terror in WW2. And as Germany lacked this capability, the Blitz against the UK was executed by medium two-engined level bombers. But not Stukas.

And where is the relation to a game which takes place in a 31th century scify scenario?

There are multiple references to 20th century culture phenomena in the BattleTech franchise.

Also just a little hint: there are countries in which this kind of glorification violates the law and could result in MWO being banned in such a country ...

Highly doubtful. As I said above, Stuka doesn't constitute a war crime. It's permitted even in Germany to play games with Wehrmacht "protagonists" - like Il-2 Sturmovik where there are many flyable German WW2 warbirds.

#9 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostLiGhtningFF13, on 07 August 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

I perosnally don't care but I don't get the connection with the Stuka siren and future "Battle Mechs". If there would be fighters in this game like the shilone bomber ok but Mechs don't really need such a warhorn "siren".

BTW there's a Stuka HEavy Fighter in BT. As well as Zhukov and Rommel and Patton tanks.

#10 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostMorang, on 07 August 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

BTW there's a Stuka HEavy Fighter in BT. As well as Zhukov and Rommel and Patton tanks.

Yeah but as far as I can remember still not integratedt in this game. So useless!

#11 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

I love how people instantly take offense to a sound. Dear reader - please grow a pair and grow up while you are at it. I suppose the sound of flatulence is highly offensive to you also, given it's origin. When they allow us to paint swastika's on the sides of our Mechs then feel free to complain.

Back to the real world and as much as I would love new war horns I cannot say this would ever be one of them. A fighter sound on a robot is just.. weirder than that ear horn thingy.

Edited by KelesK, 07 August 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#12 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostKelesK, on 07 August 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

Back to the real world and as much as I would love new war horns I cannot say this would ever be one of them. A fighter sound on a robot is just.. weirder than that ear horn thingy.

Most of the Warhorns have no place in a mech cockpit anyhow, pressure chamber sounds AMAZING, but looks like 2 bullhorns pointed at you in a mech cockpit (no doubt instantly deafening the pilot) makes no sense either. Still cool to have!

#13 April Showers

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:28 AM

make it play when the light mechs drop out of the skies :D

#14 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostMorang, on 07 August 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Because it's... cool?
Use against Warsaw was a rare exception.

lets get this straight - you do admit that it was used as a weapon of terror - but you still think its cool because you claim warsaw was an exception (which is not the case, it was also used during the invisasion in russia ...). Care to explain when it becomes inapproriate? how many people have to die by a weapon until it becomes uncool?

I think what many people here don't understand is that MWO is a game which can be played from all over the world - that includes cities like warsaw for example - how do you think would someone who lost relatives to such an attack feel when such a sound is used ingame to celebrate(!) a kill.

[sarcasm on]
maybe we should also ask to get the sound of airplanes crashing into skyscrapers as a warhorn ...
[sarcasm off]

View PostKelesK, on 07 August 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

I love how people instantly take offense to a sound. Dear reader - please grow a pair and grow up while you are at it. I suppose the sound of flatulence is highly offensive to you also, given it's origin. When they allow us to paint swastika's on the sides of our Mechs then feel free to complain.

well ... I don't know any case of a flatulence used as a weapon of terror ... and honestly, if someone wanted to have such a sound as a warhorn I would not really care, of course it would be stupid and I would not pay anything for it but I would not have a problem with people who do

Edited by MilesTeg1982, 11 March 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#15 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

lol

#16 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

A Stuka warhorn could be mounted on Clan Mechs, likte the bomber plane it's build to invade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users