Lag Is Unbearable! Pgi Please Explain Why? We Wont To Know.

24 replies to this topic

#1 SiR SockMonkeyDonkey

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 65 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington State

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Okay, I'm running an 8-core with 16G of 1866 ram and a 4G GTX 760 TI, everything including my hard drives are premium parts governed by windows 8.1... The only game I have any lag in that I play these days is the only game you can still play with a DUO CPU, Mech Worriar Online!!!! This isn't jerky, blipping in and out lag... This is the lag that makes everything freeze on the players end whilst the battle continues without the player at the helm. Nothing seems to help this "ghost lag" other then leaving and rejoining the match or waiting until 60 seconds + passes on the clock, and then hope you still have a functional mech... I have been hearing more and more complaints from my friends list and less and less of them are logging in... What I would like to know, since there was a recent hardware upgrade on the server side recently, is why all the sudden is the server death lagging individuals now? Kinda odd isn't it? random people lagging to death whilst others are still shooting them, lag free, and not due to the users hardware or software? I see this as a critical problem. Is PGI awere of this problem?

#2 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Probably because they are in the middle of a hotfix?

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 06 August 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

Probably because they are in the middle of a hotfix?

no, this is a known problem and they haven't figured out what's causing it or how to fix it

#4 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

There's been weird lag since the clan patch.

#5 Divine Decoy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostSug, on 06 August 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

There's been weird lag since the clan patch.

and (posted in my development post) seams WORSE when you are in a Heavy or assault. The rubber-banding is game breaking even under 50 ping....

#6 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostAnimal Crackers, on 06 August 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

governed by windows 8.1...

I found part of your problem!

#7 tredmeister

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 112 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Happens to me too... fairly regularly. Screen just freezes, but I can still hear the battle going on. I thought it was a video or driver bug with my system, but everything checks out OK, and this is the only game having that problem? Minimizing the game (alt/esc) and then clicking it back up usually fixes it for me though..

#8 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Win7 pro and still lag, fps drop and freezes since last 2-3 patches, maybe more... I like how they dont fix critical game breaking bugs for months, so inspiring. Need more mechs and sales.

#9 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostViges, on 06 August 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Win7 pro and still lag, fps drop and freezes since last 2-3 patches, maybe more... I like how they dont fix critical game breaking bugs for months, so inspiring. Need more mechs and sales.

I have a decent W7 machine that I consistently get 100+ FPS these days. I'll be playing tonight so I'll test this.

#10 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

In a big brawl you can forget 100 fps.

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostFlapdrol, on 06 August 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

In a big brawl you can forget 100 fps.

or smoke

#12 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:12 AM

Game still lags out with no apparent visual reason and everything freezes and desyncs regularly.

#13 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

Yeah. Get on it Brian Buckton! get're done

#14 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

View PostAnimal Crackers, on 06 August 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

What I would like to know, since there was a recent hardware upgrade on the server side recently, is why all the sudden is the server death lagging individuals now? Kinda odd isn't it?

Maybe that upgrade wasnt an upgrade after all...IM JUST SAYIN! ;)

#15 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:38 AM

View PostSandpit, on 06 August 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

no, this is a known problem and they haven't figured out what's causing it or how to fix it

They said in one of the patch notes that its caused by shooting too many energy weapons and machine guns. I'm assuming they didn't expect this to happen when they added clans who can boat so many of them.

#16 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

I guarantee you your hardware has zero to do with the desyncs and lag the game's going through at the moment.

#17 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:49 AM

Not discounting PGI culpability in this hot mess but...

Do yourself a favor and check your latency via one of those nifty OOKLA speed-test... then run a traceroute .

If you have a ping over 100 (50 is actually more practical all told) and or you have more than maybe 8 to 10 hops to get to the MW:O servers... You or more precisely your IP provider and their internet product are the primary contributor to your quality of play.

HSR can only accommodate for garbage internet connections so much... Don't fall into the trappings of automatically presuming PGI is the singular contributor to this issue.

That said... I will admit I've experienced this lovely "desync" problem for the very first time yesterday and it was very...very annoying. ;)

Edited by DaZur, 07 August 2014 - 03:50 AM.

#18 Stormyblade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around Portland, OR

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

I've been in several matches over the last couple of weeks where everyone freezes in place - they are walking but not moving - and I can move around and then suddenly I'm up against a wall or walking 100+ meters where I was a mere second ago. The rubber-banding lag has happened even more times than the freeze lag.

I've run ping tests and traceroute tests -- it's not me, it's not my PC (it's a solid machine with plenty of power), and it's not my ISP. Simple troubleshooting rules tells me there's only a couple of potential culprits left.

#19 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:11 AM

It's server-side, and if I recall it relates to the desync problems they've been having related to machine guns and large numbers of weapons hitting at once. They tried to fix it back in April, but it's been showing up anyway.

Fun example of this on HPG desynced a Summoner so badly it's MG's kept firing (and dealing damage) long after the 'Mech had not only run out of ammo, but the weapon section was outright destroyed.

#20 OzViper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:12 AM

Lag is terrible at the moment... everygame its rubberbanding everywhere.. in game chat indicates that others have the same problem..

Fix it guys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users