Mwo, With The Severs In Its Current State Is Unplayable.

19 replies to this topic

#1 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

Rubberbanding.
Teleporting.
De-syncs.
Unable to reconnect when you exit a match after getting blown to bits early.
Whatever you want to call it.
MWO is neither enjoyable or fun.
FIX IT.

P.S : this isn't the only thread that has popped up about this.

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 09 August 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#2 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

Bump

#3 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

No one cares at PGI.... Once you understand that it all plays out pretty fast...

#4 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Normally when the servers are taking a steaming dump I notice the rubberbanding too, and last night there was a complaint per match about it... but I never saw it once.

Could be a regional issue.

#5 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 09 August 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

P.S : this isn't the only thread that has popped up about this.

And yet you still felt the need to make a whole new thread instead of contributing anything to the existing ones.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostLauLiao, on 09 August 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

And yet you still felt the need to make a whole new thread instead of contributing anything to the existing ones.

At this point, I'm hoping someone @ PGI would post the Technical Issues going on... because I don't know where their priorities lie on the netcode/DX11/HSR front.

#7 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

I really agree with eh OP. Its getting kinda stupid, especially when I have a 30-45 ping per match but some how rubber band at least once per match. Sometimes I completely lock up for 5-25 seconds. Of course, PGI don't care. They will just have another mech sale to generate money for the falling numbers on the server.

#8 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

yes it is

#9 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

I had to run the repair tool. I fixed the connecting issues after leaving a map.

#10 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostMonkeyDCecil, on 09 August 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

I had to run the repair tool. I fixed the connecting issues after leaving a map.

Always run the repair tool after every patch, even hot fixes. I even made a thread a while back with proof after a fresh install MWO corrupts your files, and it does it after every patch too. Ideally you want to run the repair tool before every play session, and while I haven't tried it yet, the in-game repair tool was bugged for a while so use the downloadable one.

#11 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

View Postlockwoodx, on 09 August 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Always run the repair tool after every patch, even hot fixes. I even made a thread a while back with proof after a fresh install MWO corrupts your files, and it does it after every patch too. Ideally you want to run the repair tool before every play session, and while I haven't tried it yet, the in-game repair tool was bugged for a while so use the downloadable one.

Good to know!! But...its freaking stupid PGI dont have a stable server. Sad.....so.....sad. :ph34r: ^_^ :D :blink:

#12 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

I believe they said something about trying to improve performance. But it doesn't sound like it's going to be an easy fix. So if we're lucky they'll get around to figuring out the issue.

#13 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostDevilsfury, on 09 August 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Good to know!! But...its freaking stupid PGI dont have a stable server. Sad.....so.....sad. :ph34r: ^_^ :D :blink:

Like I said it could be regional because I've experienced that crap before but last night it was the usual crisp 25-30 ping. OR.... it could have been because I used the repair tool after the c-ERLL hotfix but before logging in.

#14 CrimsonRedX

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

sell the game to a company that has $$ and is willing/wanting to and can fix & expand.

#15 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

are servers down? i'v been searching forever now

#16 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 09 August 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

De-syncs.
Unable to reconnect when you exit a match after getting blown to bits early.

This is why de-syncs happen the most, I would bet; people who get killed, intentionally disconnect, and reconnect.

Why do this; if your dead and you disconnect, don;t reconnect... it's causing the problems...they need to turn that off.

Edited by Aphoticus, 09 August 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#17 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

its getting bloody stupid

Its every single night now

There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason for it you can play 3 games not see it then wham its there.

People have alleged that PGI are aware of the issue and commented on it but I haven't seen anything here regards to desync and banding.

View PostPay2Win Losers, on 09 August 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

sell the game to a company that has $$ and is willing/wanting to and can fix & expand.

Regardless of company you have to generate cash flow, also PGI have it because no one else, wanted it, that had a business plan that microsoft were willing to allow made under licence.

#18 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostCathy, on 09 August 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

its getting bloody stupid

Its every single night now

There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason for it you can play 3 games not see it then wham its there.

People have alleged that PGI are aware of the issue and commented on it but I haven't seen anything here regards to desync and banding.

Regardless of company you have to generate cash flow, also PGI have it because no one else, wanted it, that had a business plan that microsoft were willing to allow made under licence.

Random people deciding to disconnect after they die and the reconnect (this doesn;t happen every game, but enough to make it seem random). This is the reason; I am sure of it.

#19 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostAphoticus, on 09 August 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Random people deciding to disconnect after they die and the reconnect (this doesn;t happen every game, but enough to make it seem random). This is the reason; I am sure of it.

Funny story about that, as last night after a death I disconnected and went to go start a fresh match. Selected a new mech, hit launch, and it put me back into the old match on the old mech. When I reentered that match for a moment every mech within line of sight of my corpse (about 6) were standing and alive, then suddenly exploded into pieces and became corpses again. Not sure what kind of hit that did to the match still playing, but I agree with you having players "reconnect" could cause huge big spikes. You reminded me of how for years if I was currently in a L4D2 match and someone joined, the entire game would hitch up.

#20 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostAH Osprey 02, on 09 August 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

No one cares at PGI.... Once you understand that it all plays out pretty fast...

As evidenced by the complete lack of communication with the community by PGI about the problem that is ruining their game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users