Bug Report

7 replies to this topic

#1 Treblesaurus Rex

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

Just got out of a match about 2 minutes ago while piloting a raven 3l on tourmaline desert. What put me out of the match was an AC20 round from an atlas that I was moving to intercept that hit my ravens face... but applied its damage directly to the back of the mech causing me to instantly pop.

I confirmed that it was the Atlas pilot that got the kill and that it did destroy my center back. I am certain that it didnt front core me, since I still had more than enough armor to take the hit... That and the after action report showed my front armor still as gold. Also there was no other teammates/enemies within visual that could fire and clip me; it was basically for all intents and purposes, a 1v1.

Reason I bring this up is that Ive encountered this issue already twice tonight alone, and have had this issue occur repeatedly over the last few weeks, exclusively in this mech, where I will see the projectile coming at my mechs torso, hit, and then insta pop due to back coring...

Im wondering, did you guy paste the 3L's back hitbox on the front of the mech? Or is it possible due to server lag that the hit is not detecting as soon as it hits the outside of my mech (should be the front) but rather instead skips a few beats and then detects late, thus applying the projectile to the wrong place?

Either way, I would appreciate it if PGI looked into this. If it was a couple times on multiple different mechs/models I wouldnt be so worried, but because it only ever happens in the Raven 3L...

Edit---

3rd time tonight, this time from a stalker with PPCs. lets see if I can get a 3rd match in a row with this happening.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 17 August 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#2 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Used to happen alot more, you take a full frontal hit, and you take damage to your back.
Or you're moving fast, get shot at from an enemy at your front left (circling him), and you turn so his shot should land on your left front torso or center, and it hits your right rear, or rear CT section.

Just bad netcode + low tickrate I guess.

Leg hitboxes on the Raven, Cicada, Quickdraw are also terrible.

I wish they would just fix hitboxes to be 100% in line with what the high poly model is.

Edited by Mister D, 15 August 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#3 ghos t in the shel l

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationhttps://discord.gg/SsRASYJUe5

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

The only hitboxes I notice need adjusting are spider and firestarter. Also, the internal structure on all clan mechs is much too durable.

#4 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

That can happen !

Its because the explosion detection is done by the server.

And when the server detects your position right, then the AC20 shell explodes a little bit after it should be.
And that is your back !

#5 Treblesaurus Rex

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostDesintegrator, on 16 August 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

That can happen !

Its because the explosion detection is done by the server.

And when the server detects your position right, then the AC20 shell explodes a little bit after it should be.
And that is your back !

So another words this is a 'feature' then? Fantastic. since they basically put most of the hit detection client side a while back to quell people complaining about to server lag, why didnt they adjust this? Im assuming this has to be it though, because I was watching through the cockpit of another player last round and saw him get back cored from taking a LRM volley to the face.

Granted, its lrms, but still. it was directly to the face. He was also caught on a rock, so he wasnt even moving.

Edited by Treblesaurus Rex, 16 August 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#6 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Thought both hit-detection and UI-hit-confirmation was serverside now..?

But yes, not just the raven.... just took a whole lotta streaming clrms toward my CTF's forward arc, but hitting my rear torso... and unless they changed hit boxes significantly... weird!

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#7 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

I was getting backs blown out in many mechs today from taking front damage, I think its alot to do with Ping.

These are perfect front hits, not glancing, twisting ect, and most at 300-400 meters.

Had my back blown from front hits in my Jag-DD, Summoner-P, Griffin, Atlas-D, early morning when all the 150+ ping lagmonsters were coming out.

Edited by Mister D, 17 August 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#8 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostTreblesaurus Rex, on 16 August 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

So another words this is a 'feature' then? Fantastic. since they basically put most of the hit detection client side a while back to quell people complaining about to server lag, why didnt they adjust this? Im assuming this has to be it though, because I was watching through the cockpit of another player last round and saw him get back cored from taking a LRM volley to the face.

Granted, its lrms, but still. it was directly to the face. He was also caught on a rock, so he wasnt even moving.

no its a bug, one that's not likely to ever be fixed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users