#1 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

Hi all,
Mr Bear from the 256th Bear Cav again.
I'm thinking of running a 1 day Inner Sphere Vs Clan 12 V 10 for those units/players in the Australia/Asia region. Looking at the timing when NGNG did theirs, I know a lot of players in the region were not really able to make it.

So this is just a sound out to see if there is enough keen interest to run one of our own. My unit can run either IS or Clan, but our preference for now will be IS. If there are enough units keen on taking part than I'll get around to organizing/co-coordinating it.

Ideally, I'm looking at running it on either a Friday or Saturday night. Kicking off at about GMT+8 2100 hours (2300 hours Sydney time?) Run between 3-5 games.

Format would be:
3/3/3/3 for IS

2/3/3/2 for Clan.

Airstrikes and Arty I would like to cap to 3 per team and ECM cap to 3 per team as well.

Feedback comments, pls put down below. I'll leave this up till the end of the week (24th of August) if I get no replies I'll presume no interest in such an event and carry on with regular gaming as per normal. :lol:

#2 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Hey Mr Bear,
Um, I dunno if the 13th Legion can participate as not all of us bought Clan mechs.
I don't think 12 v 10 is feasible as per Battletech lore. The Clans aren't THAT much better then IS at he moment.
Infact, in some cases they're worse. PGI screwed up there thanks in no small part to the recent nerf bat, they kinda suck at the moment (with the exception of the Timber and Dire wolfs)
Maybe when more Clan mechs show up...

I also suggest that Clan groups be in whatever formation as long as it comes up to 10.
Further suggestions; as per the recent PGI 12v10 test, let there also be no restrictions to Arty or Airstrikes and lets cap ECM to TWO per team.

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 19 August 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#3 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

Well.. given the lackluster response, I'll probably see who I have on the Comstar Server on a Sunday night and browbeat them into running this. :D

#4 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

it maybe easier to start running this from next Tuesday onwards when the DWF is released for CBills

#5 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:23 AM

OMC would love to play IS :)

#6 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

I can only play IS. Willing to join... let's just do a mixer upper and not just unit vs unit

#7 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

Well.. given the current response and life in the thread. I'm open to running a 12 IS v 10 Clan match say Friday nights? I've got premium and pretty sure someone else out there has premium.

Was looking at the following:
1. Proposed Tonnage - 800 tons for 12 IS Mechs
650 tons for 10 Clan Mechs
Note this is initial weightage. We can adjust as we go along.

2. Limit of Arty/Air to 3 per side
3. ECM cap at 3

Any other suggestions? Else we can try to run it this week.
Note that for most of my guys we won't be online till about 2100 hrs GMT+8 (which is hell for the aussies and their different time zones..)

I don't want individual units taking a side, I'd rather have players come in and pick a side and we'll go from there. I want players to have a chance to mix and mingle so I'm going to try to avoid having any one unit play 1 side.

Edited by mr bear, 16 October 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#8 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

TPL would definitely participate in this. What dates are you planning to run this?

#9 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Was intending to run this on Friday nights as long as it does not clash with existing events like the High Pingers League etc.
I've run some smaller IS Vs Clan games 4 V 2, 3 V 2 etc with a tonnage difference of +/- 10-20 tons and thus far it seems that as long as IS has numbers they tend to hold their own. Anyway, current intention would be next week the 24th? Give everyone some notice and so it doesn't clash with tonights HPL game. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users