903 replies to this topic

#181 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

It is our duty to bump this thread, as it is our duty to drive the test tube scum out of our Home space ! Join us, you want to even if you don't know it yet.

#182 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:27 PM

I have been considering joining a unit again. It's been a long time since I've been in one. I will do some serious thinking about this and confer with my wife as to whether I will be available for scheduled action. I will report back when I have an answer to this if you'll consider me. I'll need some training and practice as pugging doesn't equal group drops. Like I said, I used to be a mechwarrior, and could be again. Long live the IS! I do so enjoy wasting vat-scum under the gentle caress of my particle cannon.

#183 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

Take heed, take example ! StonedDead is in the right. Long live the Inner Sphere !

Long live the Black Forge !

#184 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostStonedDead, on 25 March 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

I have been considering joining a unit again. It's been a long time since I've been in one. I will do some serious thinking about this and confer with my wife as to whether I will be available for scheduled action. I will report back when I have an answer to this if you'll consider me. I'll need some training and practice as pugging doesn't equal group drops. Like I said, I used to be a mechwarrior, and could be again. Long live the IS! I do so enjoy wasting vat-scum under the gentle caress of my particle cannon.

Vextraordinary!

It would be a pleasure to assist you. Please do come to me once you are ready, I will be waiting.

We will talk more about the recruitment process personally and our instructors will be standing by with training programs for you.

Edited by Vectoron, 26 March 2016 - 10:10 AM.

#185 Mastahclese

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:25 PM

...Journal entry excerpt...

Been a week since starting the trial period with the Black Forge. I was reflecting on a battle on polar highlands. Polar highlands, the name suggests emptiness, just like the feeling of that archer pilot sniping from 350 meters..all alone.

So there we were, among one of the desolate drilling facilities, facing down what we knew we must do. As I recall, we were setting up to face what we thought was the entire enemy team and tickle..lasers from the distance but from where? Looking around, we couldn't make out where the shot came from. The entire enemy team was just beyond that ridge right? Flash, there it was again. This time, we made out where the shot came from but from what? The token raven sniping as we see all too often? Flash, sizzle. There he is! An archer hiding within what must be a supply compound! Our lance commander calls it out, "Striker, with me, we are going to get that archer!"

Using the terrain, we sneak unopposed to the supply area and there he is, all alone, sniping like no one would ever dare come around and face him. My lance leader punched him with an ac20, I get him with a volley of srms, I think 20 followed by mediums lasers. Boom! another ac20 and more srms, there goes the side torso! We fire a couple more volleys and he goes down but no time for celebrations as the rest of the enemy team is still out there and causing a little bit of havoc.

We quickly turn and run full speed to the battle. Then enemy team is out of formation but doing ok for themselves. Our other brawler and direct fire support are getting themselves some. We arrive and face down an archer and atlas, that seem not to care that we are behind them, slamming them with projectile hate. The lance commander calls for the rest of the company to push as we take out the archer in milliseconds and turn our attention to the atlas, who still doesn't know we are there. The company crests the ridge and suddenly it is free for all. The battle only lasts seconds but the job was done. I hope whomever wanted that particular drilling facility puts it to good use. All those mechs, burning and smoking, all that waste for such a desolate place...

We left that desolate place with the smoking remains of mechs, mostly enemy, to never look back.

#186 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

So many good fights to chose from, I wouldn't know where to start. Join us, create your own legend !

#187 D A N K M E M E S

• PipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

Let the Black Forge build you into a powerful weapon for the Inner Sphere.

It's so exciting to see new recruits that begin with an average of 150-200 damage per game in the tier 2-1 group queue,
and after a couple weeks, they begin doing 400-500 damage and begin to become a force to be reckoned with.

#188 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:51 AM

I have to say, fighting with these guys takes me out of my comfort zone and well beyond my tier(for now). And that is NOT a bad thing. I hope that I have acquitted myself well so far and continue to improve my performance. I have seen and recognize the thought put into how this unit operates and respect it, without fully understanding it yet myself. Knowledge is power, and the BLF has plenty of knowledge.

#189 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:34 AM

We are opening recruitment anew. Here's your chance ! Don't be shy !

#190 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:30 PM

To any soul looking for a team, we're now recruiting !

#191 Aster

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:14 PM

Just applied

#192 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

View PostAster, on 05 May 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

Just applied

Wonderful, we will begin processing this application now!

#193 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:26 AM

Great to see you here Aster !

Anymore brave souls ? Follow Aster's example !

#194 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

We take in recruits a few at a time, to make sure we have time to dedicate to each one of them. We're serious about what we do, how we do it while retaining what's the most important thing in all of this: our like minded brothers, the pilot who make up our unit.

We can be serious about having fun and going forward, right ? Join us, now's the right time !

#195 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

Let's keep this thread at the top, since we want more recruits to put our unit at the top also !

#196 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:50 PM

Struggling to remain original, but not tonight !

#197 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

Looking for a dedicated, coordinated and mature IS unit ?

Come see what the Black Forge is about, today! http://metalmercs.enjin.com/aboutus

Edited by Vectoron, 11 May 2016 - 11:52 AM.

#198 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostKorrner, on 10 May 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

Struggling to remain original, but not tonight !

Haha, right?

#199 TheRedBlade

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:19 PM

Git gud with The Black Forge! Our intensive training will teach your role-based warfare and how to operate in a team. Apply today at metalmercs.enjin.com!

#200 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:32 PM

Visit us, get to know us then fight with us. That's usually how it goes once you've taken that first step !

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users