This A Good Timeber Wolf?

22 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...echlab#modified
It's role is that of a Brawler and Support unit when given the chance.
Put the two L. Pulse Lasers in one weapon group, Medium Lasers all together in another and the LRM-15s in one of their own. It'd be best if you chain fired the Medium Lasers.

#2 Toffa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAn unknown, back-water planet of the IS

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

Hey Brenden,

Your link is busted. You can't just copy and paste from the address bar. Try clicking 'save and share' loadout and posting the 'plain link' from there.

Cheers

Toffs
( '-')7

#3 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:50 AM

Does it have a Tardis? cause if not, no it is a very good Timeber wolf.

#4 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

I've spent the last week running my 3 Twolves as Lucem Ferre's (Lightbringers) with 2 Large Pulse Lasers and either 4 (or 5 for one variant) ER medium Lasers (as they cycle at the same speed as the pulsers).

The results... nearly every game, win or lose, I've scored 750 plus damage, usually 950 and the highest so far was 1299. I usually drop 4 targets a match, it can go toe to toe with an Atlas and a Dire Wolf AND it seems to drop lights and Mediums with a single Alpha to the centre and head region if they are not moving.

I drop the armour to 416, max the heatsinks, run radar dep and zoom and ER med laser boost and go nuts. Alpha shots only too.

These machines used to be my Quad ER Large laser machines but this new version is WAAAAAAYYYYY more fun!

I'll post some score board screen shots so you know its not all talk.

Edited by Keira_NZ, 25 August 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#5 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Something like this? :D

#6 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

yeah but with one LPL in the torso and a hamster on the dash

#7 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

I've been having some pretty good matches with a very slightly modified TBR-C. I dropped the LRMs for two SRM-6s, swapped the large lasers for pulses, added an extra ton of ammo to the UAC-5, 1.5 tons of SRM ammo, and a blinding weapon... er... flamer to seriously harass the enemy (it doesn't do **** for damage, but it's funny when you come up behind someone and they overheat).

Edited by Vaskadar, 26 August 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#8 Toffa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAn unknown, back-water planet of the IS

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

My TBR-s is a wrecking ball ;)

4 ML, 2 LB10-x and 4 tonnes of ammo. Seems to work best with the LB's on chain fire...

Best KDR of the family.

I also run 2LPL, 4ML on my TBR-p and 2 LPL with an UAC20 on my TBR-c.

Can't post Smurfy links as I'm on mobile, but will if anyone wants to see.

Toffs
( '-')7

#9 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostKeira_NZ, on 26 August 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

yeah but with one LPL in the torso and a hamster on the dash

:blink:

View PostVaskadar, on 26 August 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

I've been having some pretty good matches with a very slightly modified TBR-C. I dropped the LRMs for two SRM-6s, swapped the large lasers for pulses, added an extra ton of ammo to the UAC-5, 1.5 tons of SRM ammo, and a blinding weapon... er... flamer to seriously harass the enemy (it doesn't do **** for damage, but it's funny when you come up behind someone and they overheat).

You can also try doing 4xSRM6 with Artemis + er ML in every free spot (5 IIRC). You won't have the UAC-5, but the saved weight allows you to get OMG alpha in close range brawls.

#10 Eldante

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

I run a similar build on the Stormcrow which runs kind of hot on hot map's but decent on cooler map's. The key to using it on the Stormcrow Is the 106 kph @ speed tweak. You can get behind people very easily without them even knowing.

1548 damage 5 kills has been my best game with this Stormcrow build. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...53e42f3eb5d8de6

#11 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

Question for you guys: LPL on ct or arms?

Advantage ct: higher mount, closer to centerline, maybe less vulnerable
Advantage arms: greater range of motion, can shoot around obstacles, seems actually less vulnerable on Timberwolves.

#12 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostKeira_NZ, on 25 August 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

I've spent the last week running my 3 Twolves as Lucem Ferre's (Lightbringers) with 2 Large Pulse Lasers and either 4 (or 5 for one variant) ER medium Lasers (as they cycle at the same speed as the pulsers).

The results... nearly every game, win or lose, I've scored 750 plus damage, usually 950 and the highest so far was 1299. I usually drop 4 targets a match, it can go toe to toe with an Atlas and a Dire Wolf AND it seems to drop lights and Mediums with a single Alpha to the centre and head region if they are not moving.

I drop the armour to 416, max the heatsinks, run radar dep and zoom and ER med laser boost and go nuts. Alpha shots only too.

These machines used to be my Quad ER Large laser machines but this new version is WAAAAAAYYYYY more fun!

I'll post some score board screen shots so you know its not all talk.

Why would you do this? I run 5 Mediums and 2 LPL with Max Armor and all but 2 of the remaining slots filled with DHS. On the ones without the CT laser hardpoint it gets a jump jet.

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 26 August 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#13 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 26 August 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Why would you do this? I run 5 Mediums and 2 LPL with Max Armor and all but 2 of the remaining slots filled with DHS. On the ones without the CT laser hardpoint it gets a jump jet.

Aren't you running the exact same build?

#14 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

You can actually get six C-ERML and four C-SRM-6 on a Timber Wolf, using the C variant.

C-variant CT (1E) Prime arms (+4E, 5E total), and S side torsos (4M, +1E in the right side, 6E 2B 4M total).

Because 6E/2B/4M, with four jump jets, on one machine is sane. I love Timber Wolves to death, I do, but Lordee do they cause deep and unabiding nerdrage in everyone who isn't in one. I mean for Bob's sake, LOOK AT THIS THING. JUST LOOK AT IT. And that's the work of three minutes of barely-there slapdash effort in Smurfy!

Also I'm going to get home in half an hour here and build the scheiss out of that. I have just found my Timber-C's new calling in life.

EDIT: for some reason Smurfy is denying me my elbows :). Assume that both LAA's are there in the above design. It has zero tons and zero slots left, with six C-ERML, two C-MG, and four C-SRM-6, with six tons of SRM ammo, a ton of MG ammo, and four jump jets, with four out-engine heat sinks bringing the total up to 19 DHS. It's...so beautiful...

Edited by 1453 R, 26 August 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#15 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

most effective builds are 5x er med + 2 LPL as well as 6x er med + 4x SRM6.

just depends on the player. 1 build is for a more sneaky player, running up behind mechs and popping srms and then lasers, coring out the back.

the other build is for a medium range fight, brawling, alpha strikes, no ammo to deal with, easier build.

#16 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Enjoy
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=164&l=697bbadb62bffe50b85dc8e489c1358d622c1687

Edited by Why Run, 27 August 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#17 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

More damage than the 8 lowest scoring mechs on the team put together. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 27 August 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#18 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 26 August 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Aren't you running the exact same build?

No max armor is 462. Not dropping it to 416.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 27 August 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#19 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Also just an FYI. This mech generates a considerable amount of light when it fires (Hence the name Lightbringer?) so one thing I've noticed is that doing an alpha and sneaking an arty or air strike in while doing so greatly reduces the enemy ability to see the smoke until too late.

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 27 August 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#20 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

View Post1453 R, on 26 August 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

You can actually get six C-ERML and four C-SRM-6 on a Timber Wolf, using the C variant.

C-variant CT (1E) Prime arms (+4E, 5E total), and S side torsos (4M, +1E in the right side, 6E 2B 4M total).

Because 6E/2B/4M, with four jump jets, on one machine is sane. I love Timber Wolves to death, I do, but Lordee do they cause deep and unabiding nerdrage in everyone who isn't in one. I mean for Bob's sake, LOOK AT THIS THING. JUST LOOK AT IT. And that's the work of three minutes of barely-there slapdash effort in Smurfy!

Also I'm going to get home in half an hour here and build the scheiss out of that. I have just found my Timber-C's new calling in life.

EDIT: for some reason Smurfy is denying me my elbows :). Assume that both LAA's are there in the above design. It has zero tons and zero slots left, with six C-ERML, two C-MG, and four C-SRM-6, with six tons of SRM ammo, a ton of MG ammo, and four jump jets, with four out-engine heat sinks bringing the total up to 19 DHS. It's...so beautiful...

I see this then I think...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8872d254c77fd7a

Why would I need MGs? (also smurfy glitches on the right arm actuator and toggles it off)

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 27 August 2014 - 05:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users