• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

Terra Therma, Conquest
August 23, 2014

I have to share this one win with you guys.
On Terra Therma the match started out like most, with the Reds pulling ahead on points. We managed to get in a couple of caps and pull ahead, only to loose a couple of Mechs right off. The team was loosing Mechs here and there even with our points gaining ground, but not by much because of the previous lead the Reds had. I had just capped one base and was headed to the next. Just as I reached the next base, the one I had come from started to be capped by the Reds I took off for the next only thing was I started taking laser fire. All I could do was dodge, or try to, as the counter clicked down with our points reaching 750 for the win.

It was an edge of the seat game.

#2 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

I know dat feel. Every fifty or so normal pug drops comes one that really keeps me playing.

I still remember one drop during this years Medium Against The World challenge, during which I was riding my trustworthy Hunchback 4P (and came out 4th). It was on Tourmaline Desert and the reds had a massive advantage regarding points, so we sort of went blitzkrieg in that platform area behind Theta. 4P on a STD275 runs pretty quick and I was able to hop around dealing constant damage while my teammates were dropping one by one.

Eventually it came down to me, a gimped Jagerbomb, a Stalker and a yellow-CT Battlemaster. I first focused on the Jagerbomb for obvious reasons, losing my LT and most of my RT armor in the process. By the time I turned to the BM, my temperature was going dangerously high and I had to switch to chainfire. That BM has lost its arms too, and our dance of exchanging emerald beams ended up with him taking down my RT with a massive strike of six MLas, and my head laser blowing up his CT. The last Stalker, however, had lost ALL of its weapons but somehow kept its torso armor barely scratched. Thinking it would take ages to chew throw that fat turkey with a single MLas, I tried to cap Theta in hope to turn the tide, but lost it anyway. Did about 1200+ damage in the end.

Man I should've chased after that Stalker...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users