Efficiant Clan Mech Leveling

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kaiju17

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hey Guys, i just got (most of) my Ryoken Package. i have an Idea of how the Omnipod/hardpoints work, i was just looking for some advice.
Whats a cost effective, efficient way to level these mechs? what i mean is, say, Kit Fox, to unlock all the basics, is it best to use the stock omnipods given to each variant or mix and match right away to build "new" variants? downfall to that is having to buy weapons and/or having 3 of basically the same mech.
not sure if im making sense at the moment, but how are you guys leveling up your basic/elite Clan mechs?

#2 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

1: find a build your happy with...
2: Trial and error in actual games.
3: by the time you find a good setup you should be leveled up to master..

For me the KitFox has ECM, 1 C-L Lazer, 2 MG + 1 Ton ammo, 2 JJ's, 1 C- M Lazer and to top it off an LRM 15 with about 1-2.5 Ton ammo..

Works pretty well at most ranges due to ECM I suppose, without that the matches get quite hard to survive.

Hope that helps...

#3 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

Yeah, fortunately you can make even the weakest variants solid by virtue of the omni-modules. For example, the Kit Fox? Been having some fun with this little sucker:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe008c5903f35de

#4 Angry Kylo Ren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

First thing I do is strip the omnipods & weapons from all chassis so i don't end up buying a pod/weapon i don't need.

Then take a look at the stock variant and see if there's merit to it.

If I find some merit I will usually play it a bit and get a feel before making any major tweaks.

After that i'll probably browse forums a bit as well and see if any builds spark my fancy.

Also comes down to knowing what you like to use...I'm a laser guy, i like being able to pinpoint target a mech and burn right through it...

One of my favourite processes in the game is working into a new mech and going from what the heck is going on to being super comfortable until everything's second nature. :D

#5 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:54 AM

View Postmakbeer, on 26 August 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Also comes down to knowing what you like to use...I'm a laser guy, i like being able to pinpoint target a mech and burn right through it...

You might love the Deathstar 2.0 and the WubSquared, then. ;)

#6 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

For clan mech, I work on leveling to elite for just one variant. Saves time for someone with limited play time like myself. Thanks to clan mechs having omnipods, you can build any combinations on 1 variant by moving the omnipods from one mech to another.

I have 2 blackjacks and 1 hunchie leveled up to master/elite. Right now I am working on mastering stormcrow prime. I left the other 2 scrows on basic for now.
I guess that's most cost and time effective, if you want to master a clan mech.

Edited by Taigen, 26 August 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#7 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

So far I find to pick the two chassis you like. Grind the basic and pick one variant you enjoy the most and focus on that grind. Atm I am finishing up on Warhawk and Kit Fox. Next will be Summoner and Nova.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users