Observations From Tonight's Drops

1 reply to this topic

#1 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

So I did 6 maybe 7 drops with the Gatekeepers tonight on the public group queue. When we made up the majority of the players, we had some epic wins, including:

- In one game on HPG against a team which launched strikes every 20 seconds or so and finally ran out of strikes. We launched maybe 3 that match.
- In another game on Alpine where we were ahead and a bad push by the non-GK players almost jeopardized the victory

When we were 2 or 3-mans on the group queue, things turned much worse. Really bad strategic decisions from the other groups resulted in much more random results. For example a push from lower city out of cover into the water in River City in one game opened up half the team to sniper fire and LRMs. Our 3 man had no choice in this case except to push with the other players to an inevitable loss.

Basically my point is that when we are a 6-8 man group, when we actually talk about strategy before the match starts, coordinate builds to some degree, agree to focus fire and move as a group, we do better than average and, in some cases, carry the less coordinated groups. When we are forced to follow others, things are a lot more random, like the solo queue. To me it appears that compared with other groups, we are indeed becoming more cohesive as a unit and I hope this progress continues.

#2 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Practice, practice.

Our drills, maneuvers and formations are paying off. Pilots are learning their fire arcs and to not be overzealous. The last ISC match showed us that this progress is real.

Oh, and the non-Gatekeepers in public drops will ALWAYS endanger the mission by either trying to do things "their way", whether we attempt to guide the battle or not. Do not account for them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users