Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 August 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Nah. Not a nerf bat. Though since you have the Ives, surely you've noticed a few tendencies. If not, well keep an eye out for something that feels wrong. Somehow I think it'll be on all the Vindicators.

View PostDarthRevis, on 26 August 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Well there is already the bugs i have noticed with the cockpit....lots of them. B) Glitchy and what not as well....

Other then that i have only played with it for about and hour....I will have to go over it with a fine tooth comb i guess.

Oh and the fact that it CRASHES MY GAME ALL THE TIME! :blink:

I love finding bugs!

Yeah, the only thing I'd noticed as being off were the cockpit shake/clipping at start-up and the lack of sounds during the startup sequence, though I hadn't really thought about the CTDs being linked to that chassis... though I did have quite a few while I unlocked the basics on Saturday.

#22 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

View Postxengk, on 26 August 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Is everyone driving a Vindicator right now?
Half the server are medium mech.
It's beautiful.

Posted Image
Sadly, it's the Nova invasion.

#23 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 26 August 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

You're probably right, but you could load it with MG x 3. Not a FS9 or even a BJ-A, but it does offer an option.

Edit: Here's an idea.

Could be entertaining. Without that FS9/SDR speed, though, I worry that chasing MG crits might expose my torsos more than I'd like.

View PostBront, on 26 August 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Sadly, it's the Nova invasion.

:blink:

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 26 August 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

Yeah, the only thing I'd noticed as being off were the cockpit shake/clipping at start-up and the lack of sounds during the startup sequence, though I hadn't really thought about the CTDs being linked to that chassis... though I did have quite a few while I unlocked the basics on Saturday.

Sad to see that's not fixed yet.

But that's not it. Still waiting, for science. There's gotta be a fair bit of combat data before it's seen...unless this particular issue did get fixed after the public test... Here's a hint. It's combat related.

#25 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 August 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Sad to see that's not fixed yet.

But that's not it. Still waiting, for science. There's gotta be a fair bit of combat data before it's seen...unless this particular issue did get fixed after the public test... Here's a hint. It's combat related.

Sometimes my lasers don't register damage (like the time I alpha-ed a Dire Whale point-blank three times in River City and did 6 damage), but I've been having that issue for over a year.

#26 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Here's how bad the Vindi is...

:lol: :)

Posted Image

#27 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 26 August 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

Sometimes my lasers don't register damage (like the time I alpha-ed a Dire Whale point-blank three times in River City and did 6 damage), but I've been having that issue for over a year.

You'll know it when you encounter it in the field. It's defensive, not offensive. It's always there but taken for granted. For the longest time it has decided great mechs and garbage mechs, and no it's not hardpoints (that's offensive).

It's the reason the Firestarter is great and the Jenner is a walking coffin. It's the reason that, for the longest time, Ravens were practically invincible. It's why certain Clan mechs are difficult to kill while others are push overs. It's the reason the Stalker will outlast an Atlas, and why the Victor will always be better than the Awesome -- and again it's not hardpoints.

Brawl with it. Tell me what happens. It's a shortcoming, not a strength. If possible, do the same thing with a Blackjack and tell me how different it is.

#28 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

So massive CT hitbox like the Awesome huh?

But that can't be right, cuz you said its not like the Jenner. Just tell use already konnnnnnn!

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 26 August 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#29 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 26 August 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

So massive CT hitbox like the Awesome huh?

But that can't be right, cuz you said its not like the Jenner. Just tell use already konnnnnnn!

The problem isn't a massive CT hitbox. But it does share the exact same problem as an Awesome.

I'm not contradicting myself, you are :)

Oh and Koniving, the problem that was found by SCIENCE!! with the Vindies is already going to be addressed with a patch on Sept 2nd. It's a shame they are fixing the problem on the Vindie when almost the exact same problem exists on the Awesome and it's still getting ignored though.

Still, I like being cryptic. ♥

#30 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

I'm lost in this crypticism (is that a word?) about my Vindi :) Can someone share this with me... I'm obviously overlooking a very minute detail with the Mech.

#31 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Love my St. Ives Blues... but not enough to buy two normal variants with MC. Will keep grinding til next week, already past elite for it XP wise, will have it fully mastered by the time C-Bill normal variants drop.

#32 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 August 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

You'll know it when you encounter it in the field. It's defensive, not offensive. It's always there but taken for granted. For the longest time it has decided great mechs and garbage mechs, and no it's not hardpoints (that's offensive).

It's the reason the Firestarter is great and the Jenner is a walking coffin. It's the reason that, for the longest time, Ravens were practically invincible. It's why certain Clan mechs are difficult to kill while others are push overs. It's the reason the Stalker will outlast an Atlas, and why the Victor will always be better than the Awesome -- and again it's not hardpoints.

Brawl with it. Tell me what happens. It's a shortcoming, not a strength. If possible, do the same thing with a Blackjack and tell me how different it is.

If it wasn't for the Jenner example, I'd think you meant low weapon mounts... but if we're discussing CT hitboxes, yes, oblique shots to the head area count towards CT damage. I just haven't found the Vindicator to have nearly as much trouble with this as my Griffins do, though I got real used to torso twisting in brawls piloting my Awesomes back when they had truly atrocious hitboxes.

#33 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 26 August 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

If it wasn't for the Jenner example, I'd think you meant low weapon mounts... but if we're discussing CT hitboxes, yes, oblique shots to the head area count towards CT damage. I just haven't found the Vindicator to have nearly as much trouble with this as my Griffins do, though I got real used to torso twisting in brawls piloting my Awesomes back when they had truly atrocious hitboxes.

They still kinda do. The Warhawk and Awesome final stand had an Awesome with 225 or less armor, a 210 XL engine, and it stood up like a rock (almost all the armor was CT and nowhere else, and no one would aim anywhere else).

But pretty much. From what I found on the public test with the Saint Ives, all but 1 point of armor on the front CT, all but 2 points of armor on the side torsos... only lost the front CT and there's a huge maximum point difference. Dropping down to 28 front armor on the side torsos, the CT still lost far more armor than that even when the enemy had to go through my right arm to get to it. Good news is you can use the same exploit that the "great" Clan mechs have -- tiny rear boxes, ginormous front boxes. Bad news is...how is that balanced?

The CT is quite large even excluding the head. Though I wouldn't mind if someone shot the sides of its head to see if at least that is split as STs.

View PostGrendel408, on 26 August 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'm lost in this crypticism (is that a word?) about my Vindi :) Can someone share this with me... I'm obviously overlooking a very minute detail with the Mech.

It's not only taller than an Awesome head to toe, it's nearly as wide on the CT.
Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 26 August 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#34 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 August 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

They still kinda do. The Warhawk and Awesome final stand had an Awesome with 225 or less armor, a 210 XL engine, and it stood up like a rock (almost all the armor was CT and nowhere else, and no one would aim anywhere else).

But pretty much. From what I found on the public test with the Saint Ives, all but 1 point of armor on the front CT, all but 2 points of armor on the side torsos... only lost the front CT and there's a huge maximum point difference. Dropping down to 28 front armor on the side torsos, the CT still lost far more armor than that even when the enemy had to go through my right arm to get to it. Good news is you can use the same exploit that the "great" Clan mechs have -- tiny rear boxes, ginormous front boxes. Bad news is...how is that balanced?

The CT is quite large even excluding the head. Though I wouldn't mind if someone shot the sides of its head to see if at least that is split as STs.

It's not only taller than an Awesome head to toe, it's nearly as wide on the CT.
Posted Image

According to someone in my unit, the sides of the head do transfer CT. I haven't had a chance to brawl another Vindy yet personally to confirm that, though.

#35 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 26 August 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

According to someone in my unit, the sides of the head do transfer CT. I haven't had a chance to brawl another Vindy yet personally to confirm that, though.

That might be the underlying problem, then, and why people could hit my front torso behind me.

You'd think the testers would check for these things and give their feedback instead of just going "Yep it works."

I would have said: "Yes it works... but this is gonna cause some problems.."

#36 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 August 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

That might be the underlying problem, then, and why people could hit my front torso behind me.

You'd think the testers would check for these things and give their feedback instead of just going "Yep it works."

I would have said: "Yes it works... but this is gonna cause some problems.."

It does cause some problems. I suspect it will be fairly popular with folks who like to run XL engines, though.

#37 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 26 August 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

It does cause some problems. I suspect it will be fairly popular with folks who like to run XL engines, though.

Just means PPC boating... I mean what else are ya going to run? The sad irony is this would be a great standard engine mech to use against Clans if not for the huge easy-to-kill-CT. It can't go fast anyway. It's got few hardpoints so you automatically carry a couple of weapons and some big ones.

#38 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostSuckyJack, on 26 August 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

The problem isn't a massive CT hitbox. But it does share the exact same problem as an Awesome.

I'm not contradicting myself, you are :P

Oh and Koniving, the problem that was found by SCIENCE!! with the Vindies is already going to be addressed with a patch on Sept 2nd. It's a shame they are fixing the problem on the Vindie when almost the exact same problem exists on the Awesome and it's still getting ignored though.

Still, I like being cryptic. ♥

They said it's getting fixed? Link?

#39 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

From Russ Bullock's twitter feed, via Helmer's dev tracker thread:

View PostHelmer, on 22 August 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

The Developers posts week in review for the work week ending August 22nd.

This is by no means a comprehensive list, however, it is intended to point out some of the more interesting posts that you may have missed this week.

[snip]

Russ Bullock @russ_bullock · Aug 20
btw looked into Vindi hitboxes,minor change to the CT coming, basically the dome of its head should have more LT/RT. ETA patch after Aug 26
Twitter User Aug 20th
eh, I was hoping for some #s, and rear CT info more than anything, sorry if I miscommunicated, no biggy if not til patch tho
Russ Bullock @russ_bullock · Aug 20
thats all their really is, rear CT was fine. CT around the head is reduced. Overall CT reduced very little, maybe 5%.

#40 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

SO I found the problem about 45 mins ago came here and you guy confirmed it...if I got lost in the pack I was cool...if I got shot from the front I could twist and spread the damage, cool.

If I got pinched from two different sides....I went down FAST...and I couldnt figure that out other then good focus fire and big alphas, More then likely my mistake lets try again. Then I hill humped a bit, Brawled a bit and really saw the issue, EVERYTHING HURT MY CT!!!! Science isnt needed, its got Awesome Syndrome!

Yea lets hope they see this issue, fix it correctly and then maybe address another mech like the oh say Awesome :P ? I might buy some then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users