#22 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 04 September 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

Um, anybody playing Hearthstone? Or Magic? All of them takes at least half an hour to play a turn, right? (or that's what it seems, since I don't play them)

What I'm trying to say is Kan-Colle is designed from head to toe for Japanese market - super short battles to cope with extremely fast-pace life, cutesy anime-bullsh*t and the Japanese obsession with their bygone era of maritime domination? Which part of it do you think can be replicated by MWT?

Although I do wish there was a "Blitz" mode for MWT, with a 30-min overall timer and a 30-second timer per turn.

(I don't hate anime. I might be more updated on anime than anybody else in MWO forum, I just can't get over using anime stuff to depict 50,000 tons steel vessels of death.)

I generally stay away from trading card game these day, played Hearthstone and didn't fancy it. Although I played MtG for years, started from Ice Age and quit during Kamigawa expansion. Plus a few random series like Decipher's Lord of the Rings, dotHack//Enemy and few Japanese TCG from Bushiroad like Victory Spark and Weiss Schwarz. Currently casually playing the My Little Pony CCG from Enterplay.
TCG generally come down to how much money you spend to increase your chance of winning by buying power/meta cards.

It doesn't have to be moe-fied battlemechs, I am just looking forward for fast pace game play because of how little free time I have daily and want something that can fill the time in between.

Here are a few Auto Battle Strategy game that I have played and enjoy, each match is only 5 to 10 minutes and I can finish a session in 30 minutes or under an hour. I can leave it running in the background while I work on some spreadsheet or report and alt-tab to check on progress every few minute.

Admittedly, my experience with TT game have been limited to some Warhammer 40K and HeroClix

Cosmic Commander

Dragon Quest Monster Parade

Valkyria Chronicles Duel

Galaxy Scramble

Edited by xengk, 04 September 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostSandpit, on 04 September 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

any actual word on MWT?

Why would there be? If you check back Friday (72 hours past Labor Day), you'll probably get the same message.

It's over, for all intents and purposes.

#24 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 04 September 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Why would there be? If you check back Friday (72 hours past Labor Day), you'll probably get the same message.

It's over, for all intents and purposes.

That's why I am curious. That can't bode well for IGp which can't bode well for PGI

#25 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

I went back and forth quite a bit over MWT and whether or not to get beta access. I ultimately declined due to IGP and while I am glad to not be burned by this recent turn I am sad to see a MW title disappear. When they announce a 72 hour maintenance windows on the 24th and make no announcements while fully discontinuing all services there can be no doubt of the games fate. We are unquestionably seeing IGP in action here showing their true colors.

#26 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

Looking at cached MW Tactics forum pages it is clear the Community Managers there are the same as here, Niko, Verb at least and they aren't saying peep about anything. Trust when it comes time for MWO to fist the paying customers Niko has your back /s

#27 DragonOTM

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

I was playing this around 2 weeks (or more) ago and everything worked fine for me. Was I one of the dumb ones who spent 120 bucks on the key? I would seriously like to see the card game back into motion. Not just for the money I spent, but the game seemed to be a good idea at the time. (Being an old battle tech kard kollector back in the day)

#28 DragonOTM

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

IMHO, MWO should be picking up the tab on this (as an affiliated company) I wont stand for being scammed out 120 bux. I also wont be spending another dime toward this company as a result! BBB here I come!

#29 DragonOTM

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

I also paid for 3 - $20 beta keys for my wife (ZzDragoness), my brother (DragonRift) and my friend from sweden (Panzerkunst99). thats $180 towards some guys sipping mai thai`s on a beach somewhere...

#30 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostDragonOTM, on 04 September 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

IMHO, MWO should be picking up the tab on this (as an affiliated company) I wont stand for being scammed out 120 bux. I also wont be spending another dime toward this company as a result! BBB here I come!

uhm hate to break it to you but MWO and PGI have nothing to do with the development of MWT other than IGP being the publisher for both games. There was a completely different dev company for MWT

#31 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Except for the very likely use of money put into MWO going towards MWT instead, but that's legal enough. Merely against the spirit of said money being handed over.

#32 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

View Postwanderer, on 04 September 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Except for the very likely use of money put into MWO going towards MWT instead, but that's legal enough. Merely against the spirit of said money being handed over.

agreed, IF it's true but we'll never have any way of verifying that one.
(unless anyone wants to invest in IGP and take a look at their financials lol)

#33 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

View Postwanderer, on 02 September 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

IGP has sole control. The game's deader than Elvis.

I knew it! MWT has been abducted by aliens! It's entertainment value was too pure for us earthlings!

View PostBlackBeltJones, on 04 September 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Looking at cached MW Tactics forum pages it is clear the Community Managers there are the same as here, Niko, Verb at least and they aren't saying peep about anything. Trust when it comes time for MWO to fist the paying customers Niko has your back /s

That'd be because Niko used to work for IGP back in the Garth Erlam days. Since Garth left, Niko left IGP to work directly for PGI as their community manager. I doubt very much that he has access to the inner workings of IGP as it applies to anything outside MWO now.

#34 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 04 September 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

I knew it! MWT has been abducted by aliens! It's entertainment value was too pure for us earthlings!

so you're condoning and approving of a game being marketed, sold, and otherwise monetized when it hasn't even been under development for nearly a year and has no developer attached to it for the same length of time?

#35 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostSandpit, on 04 September 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

so you're condoning and approving of a game being marketed, sold, and otherwise monetized when it hasn't even been under development for nearly a year and has no developer attached to it for the same length of time?

No, Sandpit, I'm saying that, like Elvis, MWT isn't really dead, it's just been abducted by ALIENS. If the aliens want to pay money for it, I'm sure the Illuminati will gladly take whatever form of currency they have, as long as it's not made of tin or aluminium, because that can interfere with their mind control ray.

(As with Elvis, I and (I suspect) most people believe that MWT is really dead. Really, really dead. Not just resting, or pining for the fjords.)

#36 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

https://www.facebook...egamepublishing

there are some people already talking about it. Appears to have been 2 days and no response yet from IGP.

#37 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 04 September 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

No, Sandpit, I'm saying that, like Elvis, MWT isn't really dead, it's just been abducted by ALIENS. If the aliens want to pay money for it, I'm sure the Illuminati will gladly take whatever form of currency they have, as long as it's not made of tin or aluminium, because that can interfere with their mind control ray.

(As with Elvis, I and (I suspect) most people believe that MWT is really dead. Really, really dead. Not just resting, or pining for the fjords.)

so you're saying that the game is still being developed?

#38 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 04 September 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

so you're saying that the game is still being developed?

<_<

...Yes. By a Burger King restaurant in Des Moines.

#39 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

uhm ok

#40 Tirick Fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 172 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:22 PM

Maddening, I bought into the Founders' back in April, when they were still selling the 'idea' that there was an active developer. They shut the site down not 2 days after it was discovered that the 'active' development company had been fired. In December.

Seems like a fair case for fraud, if the site never returns and development does not continue. I will give it another few days, then probably start making noise for a refund, not that I expect one, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Edited by Tirick Fire, 04 September 2014 - 04:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users