Iff Not Working

15 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

So twice tonight I've had this happen. Once I was in the lower area on HPG and a wolvering was running around without that fun little triangle above him so I shot at him, repeatedly. I was rather annoyed that he didn't die, but then I noticed no one else was shooing at him either. Turns out it was a friendly.

Also, just now on Frozen Forest Colony I took half an Alpha from a Nova to the rear CT. Guy that did it said that I had no marker above my head either. So, yeah, looks like this bug is back.

#2 Yasuoka

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

It happens to literally everyone at some point. You just hope like hell you're not the light mech that gets alpha'd by a teammates dire wolf when it happens...

#3 Errant Audio

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts
  • LocationL.A. Area

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

I watched what almost became a full on in team fight to the death because of the missing IFF.
guy thought his teammate was an ECM's enemy and alpha'd him. then shots back and forth.
needles to say our team lost big. (they chewed on each other for a good minute.)

#4 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

Yep, just got mauled by 2 of my own team, 1 a Lb60x diashi and firestarter, cored me before I could even type, HEY IM ON YOUR TEAM FFS!

not fun.

#5 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'm noticing this also. If in doubt I'm checking their guns. :P

#6 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostYasuoka, on 29 August 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

It happens to literally everyone at some point. You just hope like hell you're not the light mech that gets alpha'd by a teammates dire wolf when it happens...

It used to happen all the time a year ago or more, but since then, this is the first I've seen this happen.

#7 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

This bug came back for me too

#8 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

got the same problem.

#9 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

I am seeing this also. There's at least one other thread on this bug.

#10 DarthPayne

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 51 posts
  • LocationLucerne, Switzerland

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Same problem here.

#11 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

it does seem alot worse now than before. Before it was maybe 1 mech a round but now it is sometimes 50%+ mechs on the team. It makes it really hard to no FF people or to even know what is going on in the round because I have no idea where my teammates are.

#12 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

I had the same issue about a week ago, and I literally obliterated a friendly Timber wolf before figuring out he was a friendly. Probably a good time to have a look at the QA department as there is a nearly endless list of bugs that should not be making it onto production level servers especially at this stage of the game's life.

#13 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

Had this happen tonight - one of my pilots saw an unidentified Mech and Alpha'd it with his Atlas. He killed it stone dead. Turns out, it was a friendly Mech, but the IFF was bugging out. The dead Pug was gracious about it, while my pilot was embarrassed as can be. I have to admit, I have Alpha'd friendlies too because of this glitch, although I've yet to TK someone over it.

#14 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 29 August 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

So twice tonight I've had this happen. Once I was in the lower area on HPG and a wolvering was running around without that fun little triangle above him so I shot at him, repeatedly. I was rather annoyed that he didn't die, but then I noticed no one else was shooing at him either. Turns out it was a friendly.

Also, just now on Frozen Forest Colony I took half an Alpha from a Nova to the rear CT. Guy that did it said that I had no marker above my head either. So, yeah, looks like this bug is back.

Forest colony. About 1 min into the match. I watched a friendly DW turn, visibly start, and then fill an incredulous friendly hunchback with dakka, splattering bits of hunchback all over our teammates. While my jaw was on the floor, he types "WEVEBEENFLANKED" and starts frantically backing up and looking around. It was at this point however, that many of our team had mistaken him for a teamkiller, when he was really just an idiot, and had started shooting him.

"HELP" he types. He then explodes.
"THEY MUST HAVE A UAV" he types.

I can't set him straight though, as i'm cacking myself. Seriously, I think i'm going to black out.

"WAIT, SERIOUSLY? WTF ARE YOU DOING, WHY DID YOU SHOOT ME?!?!?" he types. He must have noticed that one of the names listed next to his demise was one of ours.

When the smoke had cleared, and we explained to him that it was in fact HE who had eviscerated a friendly mech, he admitted that there had been no friendly icon over the poor hunchie. NO ENEMY ONE EITHER, but hey, he apparently wasn't friendly.

#15 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

Had that bug too, in a match yesterday. A friendly Highlander suddenly started opening my back armor, but i was fortunate cause he was able to read my "please stop shooting me i´m a friendly in that xyz-mech 150m in front of you" before he actually killed me. I noticed in a few other games (i guess around 5-10% of the games i´ve played) that one of my teammates was missing his friend-icon.

Please fix this, better yesterday than some time soon, seriously.

#16 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

I see this issue happened quite frequent now, like every 2 matches once. Once I piloted a DDC and saw a like mech running toward me without blue triangle....you can guess what happen next....seriously, while this issue is still happening, we need to at least have some sort of "sign" language to indicate we are on friendly team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users