Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Lasers were OP get over it.

#22 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostSephlock, on 30 August 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

He's talking about the changes on the PTS which (I think) got pushed to the main server quite recently.

I've been out of the loop for the past few days though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Yea but last PTS was with changes that I linked, though not from the start. Thats why I said he missed one patch.

#23 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 30 August 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Lasers were OP get over it.

Pull your pants up, your ignorance is showing. If you had bothered to read I offered up several other balancing options and nerfs (as did a few others). So please, if you're going to offer your "contribution" and participate in the discussion do so from an informative position instead of proving to everyone here that you didn't even bother to read.

View PostViges, on 30 August 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Yea but last PTS was with changes that I linked, though not from the start. Thats why I said he missed one patch.

No, I did not. I never said the first implementation, I said they are now too long. I know the adjustments that were made. That's why I waited until after the pst to post my feedback.

#24 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostSandpit, on 30 August 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

No, I did not. I never said the first implementation, I said they are now too long. I know the adjustments that were made. That's why I waited until after the pst to post my feedback.

1.6s for 11 damage CERLL is too long?
Wow you clanners really are special... (btw I was on pts too and played your "need so much skill to pilot" clan mechs, so no more "first buy then talk' crap from you clanners). If you cant keep on target for SO LONG then use our OP IS tech.

#25 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

View PostViges, on 30 August 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

1.6s for 11 damage CERLL is too long?
Wow you clanners really are special... (btw I was on pts too and played your "need so much skill to pilot" clan mechs, so no more "first buy then talk' crap from you clanners). If you cant keep on target for SO LONG then use our OP IS tech.

Now YOUR ignorance is showing. I don't own clan mechs. Would you like to try again?

#26 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostSandpit, on 30 August 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Now YOUR ignorance is showing. I don't own clan mechs. Would you like to try again?

Ignorance of what? That you are not a dedicated clanner and don't have clan mechs? How would I know that? And most importantly why would I care if your post is about clan lasers too long beam durations?

So no, if 1.6s for 11 damage is too long for you - dont play clans. But you dont have ones. Well now I'm confused. Ok why do you care at all then? Easy fix for you - if 1.6s is too long for you, dont buy them! Clanners are supposed to be skilled after all, no? Thats what they tell me all the time.

#27 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Your ignorance is calling me a clanner and assuming I have clan mechs to "support" your argument. I'm an IS pilot and I still feel the burn time is too long. You're also showing your ignorance by either not reading or ignoring my post showing other ways they could be nerfed instead of burn time.
Now would you like to start over and actually have a grown up discussion on how to help balance the game or would you rather keep making ignorant statements?

If it's the latter please don't bother. There's plenty of threads in k town to post silly and ignorant statements

#28 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostViges, on 30 August 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Ignorance of what? That you are not a dedicated clanner and don't have clan mechs? How would I know that? And most importantly why would I care if your post is about clan lasers too long beam durations?

So no, if 1.6s for 11 damage is too long for you - dont play clans. But you dont have ones. Well now I'm confused. Ok why do you care at all then? Easy fix for you - if 1.6s is too long for you, dont buy them! Clanners are supposed to be skilled after all, no? Thats what they tell me all the time.
You would only have to had read the forums since 2012. ;)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 30 August 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#29 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

They need to remove the small laser nerf. It makes no sense.

#30 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 30 August 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

They need to remove the small laser nerf. It makes no sense.

How about that small pulse laser nerf? Illogical...I'm not sure I've ever seen them more than 5 times...

Though it was a competent player using them. I was confused.

#31 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 August 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

How about that small pulse laser nerf? Illogical...I'm not sure I've ever seen them more than 5 times...

Though it was a competent player using them. I was confused.

Both please. ;)

#32 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan of Yazoo, on 30 August 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

I've been calling for buffs over nerfs since CB. Sadly, Paul only knows how to nerf.

that burn... time.

#33 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostSandpit, on 29 August 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

Ok after having played on the test server for several drops I feel the burn time on the recent laser nerfs is too much. It needs to be dialed back a bit more. There's several reasons for my thoughts regarding this past the obvious burn time just being too much of a nerf.

First (the obvious one), the nerf is just too severe. The amount of time it takes to put all of a single lasers damage on target (notice I said target, not hit location) is nearly impossible unless you're sniping at long range form a secure position and not under fire from anyone else. After the first few matches I decided to start collecting a little anecdotal info.

On average I was lucky to get half of the damage from a single laser on target without having to either pull back myself and get back under cover, or the enemy mech drops behind cover themselves. That means you're doing half damage many times for all of the heat. Not much of a trade-off.
(Now please, before any of you throw out the "L2P", I may not be the most "leet" player in MWO, obut I DO know how to play and do quite well in laser boats"

Now beyond that is another factor I noticed. The rate of fire coupled with the long burn really messes with being able to cycle through on chain fire. I wanted to test out a 4 CERLL Twolf. I quickly noticed that the RoF was outclassed by just about every other weapon systems out there including Clan ACs. This came out to roughly 1.5 (give or take, remember this is anecdotal I know but feedback nonetheless) to 1.0. That's a 3-2 in dealing damage. That's quite a bit and adds up very quickly if you're involved in any kind of brawl or facing down multiple opponents or just plain on a small map and not a whole lot of options.

There was also another quirk I noticed. Due to the longer burn times and the current RoF it can be nearly impossible to overheat if you just chain fire and cycle through. That sounds like a good thing on the surface but it's caused by a near impossible feasible and viable way to actually use this tactic. The beam duration wrecks the weapon's synergy with others.

I can understand they needed to be nerfed a bit but this just isn't working too well. Range and heat could have been much more effective without making it this harsh. It seems like PGI is systematically nerfing long range combat to make room for the "players wanting 600m combat range" and it kinda sucks. You don't have to be so harsh on weapons like this. Instead, consider looking at other nerfs, for months (years?), players pleaded with PGI to reduce the 3x effective range of ACs. You guys nerfed every which way you could think of except that one.

The complaints continued. You tried heat, ammo, RoF, projectile speed, and FINALLY you reduced the range. How many :ACs are OP" threads do you see floating around now? Not many. Many are asking you to change the nerf. Why not, instead, think about buffing other weapons that you think are designed to counter that weapon? Why not build the game UP instead of nerfing it down.
I haven't jumped into the test server, but if this is what's coming, I think I truly am done with this game. I can't play with the servers in their current (after last patch) state as it is, and add to that more half witted nurfs...I just canne do it cap'n

#34 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostSandpit, on 30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Your ignorance is calling me a clanner and assuming I have clan mechs to "support" your argument. I'm an IS pilot and I still feel the burn time is too long. You're also showing your ignorance by either not reading or ignoring my post showing other ways they could be nerfed instead of burn time.
Now would you like to start over and actually have a grown up discussion on how to help balance the game or would you rather keep making ignorant statements?

If it's the latter please don't bother. There's plenty of threads in k town to post silly and ignorant statements

Ignorance? Who the hell are you, some world celebrity to know what mechs you have?! You posted about clan lasers and I called you the clanner, you drama queen. Maybe Its you need to grow up instead.

And as I said they already unnerfed them in last patch to 1.6s. But what, you want more? 11 damage is huge, if YOU feel that its too long - don't use them. I think they are more than fine. Clan weapons are suppose to be harder to use because they are more powerful. I would leave them to be 2s burn time if Id be making decisions.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 30 August 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

You would only have to had read the forums since 2012. ;)

Wow really? You must feel yourself someone very important to expect from other people to track your mechs.

#35 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Hopefully the majority of the nerfs are in place by the end of September so I won't feel bad about driving the Great Death.

#36 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

View PostSandpit, on 30 August 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Pull your pants up, your ignorance is showing. If you had bothered to read I offered up several other balancing options and nerfs (as did a few others). So please, if you're going to offer your "contribution" and participate in the discussion do so from an informative position instead of proving to everyone here that you didn't even bother to read.

You guys are funny, the game lacks any kind of convergence mechanic yet you blame Gauss rifles/PPCs/ACs/Highlanders/Victors etc for being OP. Now PGI nerfed lasers on YOUR demand and you don't like it? Serves you right IMO. Just a hint, next time figure out what's really wrong before calling for a nerfs.

#37 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

View PostViges, on 30 August 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

Ignorance? Who the hell are you, some world celebrity to know what mechs you have?! You posted about clan lasers and I called you the clanner, you drama queen. Maybe Its you need to grow up

Yes I posted about clan lasers because it's called feedback. Your ignorance stems from the fact that you wanted to make snarky comments based on your ignorant assumptions that I own clan mechs. I need to grow up? I'm not the one who jumped into a constructive feedback threads making personal attacks and snide comments based on an ignorant assumption.
You've done nothing but try to make this into "haha your clan mechs are op and you don't have the skill to adapt"

Now that you're all caught up maybe you can use your grown up words and stick to discussing the weapon balance instead of trying to be cute.

View Postkapusta11, on 30 August 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

You guys are funny, the game lacks any kind of convergence mechanic yet you blame Gauss rifles/PPCs/ACs/Highlanders/Victors etc for being OP. Now PGI nerfed lasers on YOUR demand and you don't like it? Serves you right IMO. Just a hint, next time figure out what's really wrong before calling for a nerfs.

The amount of ignorance on this forum hurts sometimes. Either comment on the weapon balance or go elsewhere. Last warning before I start hitting the report button. Your personal commentaries on individual players and their skills are unwanted, off-topic, and plain ignorant

#38 EboneezeeR

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationDallas, LONE ST4R ST4TE, US

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:01 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 30 August 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

They get what they want... wait till PGI roll's stats to Sarna Lore. That would be fun.

#39 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

I need to see some hard evidence first. Too often we ask for changes without solid proof based on another players feelings on the matter.

If you cant hold a laser on the target you need to try harder. ;)

#40 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostEboneezeeR, on 31 August 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

They get what they want... wait till PGI roll's stats to Sarna Lore. That would be fun.

12 heat ERLLs? The whine would be great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users