Clans Lasers Nerf

18 replies to this topic

#1 Iron Riding Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Do clans need to have their lasers toned down? yes they do. Heat is not the way to go about it it will destroy many good stock builds and many good other custom builds and it will make clans a lot less fun to play. Why not just instead tone down the amount of damage from 7 to 6 on medium lasers 11.5 to 10 on large lasers and not touch the heat.
By doing this it will not destroy stock Builds or hurt other custom builds that people like to play. And the forms will not implode when these changes come into effect like the heat nerf will. For example the Nova may it rest in peace if this change go thought. I love my mostly stock timber wolf prime 2 large lasers 2 medium lasers and lrm 20s will run way too hot with these changes it already running hot. And the clan lights will be lagging farther behind to IS lights.

Toning down the damage over increasing the heat will make a lot more people less upset and it will not destroy many builds and not make the game less fun for clan pilots

Edited by Iron Riding Cowboy, 30 August 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#2 AntiCitizenJuan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

I think turning down IS ML heat to standard values could act as a good buff for IS mechs, which would be a positive boost against Clan mechs as well

#3 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostAntiCitizenJuan, on 30 August 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

I think turning down IS ML heat to standard values could act as a good buff for IS mechs, which would be a positive boost against Clan mechs as well

All of the Small and Medium laser family are artificially inflated.

Due to the (S)Lunchback. Do you fear the Lunchback?

#4 Iron Riding Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

True. why cant IS meet clans halfway on some of balance changes and not just be a one sided nerf.

#5 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostIron Riding Cowboy, on 30 August 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

True. why cant IS meet clans halfway on some of balance changes and not just be a one sided nerf.

Because Nerfinator.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

PGI is not willing to do it due to the fear of shorter TTK. And they would be right. What they need to do now is to make IS ACs burst fire also, but with much shorter burst.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 August 2014 - 09:48 PM.

#7 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 August 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

PGI is not willing to do it due to the fear of shorter TTK. And they would be right. What they need to do now is to make IS ACs burst fire also, but with much shorter burst.

That would make them mostly inferior to even IS lasers, unless some sort of compensatory buffs (i.e. faster cooldown, much faster projectiles) were given along with that burst nerf.

Edited by Carrie Harder, 30 August 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 30 August 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

That would make them mostly inferior to even IS lasers, unless some sort of compensatory buffs (i.e. faster cooldown) were given along with that burst nerf.

Slightly faster CD is acceptable, though there might be better solution. As far as Light pilots are concerned, 20 point FLD is pretty bad news for them.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 August 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#9 vash021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

oh lets nerf the range of EXTENDED RANGE ML to that of a non ER ;)

#10 mike29tw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

PGI has some funny standard for balancing.

When it comes to weapons, values like damage and tonnage have to stick to TT value never touched, yet they have to invent Gauss charging and ghost heat to meddle with them.

And when it comes to ECM, they just say "**** it".

If I were Paul, I'd probably say "What's there to fear? We could always rely on ghost heat for balancing energy weapons!!"
Too bad I'm not Paul, and i'll never know what he's thinking.

#11 EboneezeeR

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationDallas, LONE ST4R ST4TE, US

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

And actually the result of nerf will be LOW TTK ;) ;) :P And it'll be lower with any other IS or Clan nerf.
What for they need burst AC's? IS don't have C-U-AC' 10/20 by time scale of TRO3049. So, NO.

#12 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

So lasers are OP eh? What about Warhawk, Summoner or Kitfox, didn't saw them stomping much?

#13 EboneezeeR

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:06 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 31 August 2014 - 12:57 AM, said:

What about Warhawk, Summoner or Kitfox, didn't saw them stomping much?

They are right behind'ya dood.

#14 Sancho Kabrinski

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationIn a Ghost Bear Clan dropship

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

PGI is going to nerf the clan mechs in a so weird way and so bad that in no time we clanners will have to play IS mechs. Give them time.

#15 EboneezeeR

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

View PostSancho Kabrinski, on 31 August 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

PGI is going to nerf the clan mechs in a so weird way and so bad that in no time we clanners will have to play IS mechs. Give them time.

LOL, the thing is when PGI nerfing Clans more suffers IS due to blalancing "sub nerf". Better just to put in game TT/Sarna values of CL and IS weapons, and bring all weapons for CL and IS from Sarna to TRO3049. Problem solved.

#16 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:51 AM

Someone give the man a cookie.

TTK is going to be fast in this game no matter what you do because people can focus fire. It doesn't matter how much you limit front loaded damage, alpha strikes, or whatever your current boogie man is. Focus fire kills mechs fast. Nothing can change that aside from objectives that make the murderdeathballofdoom spread out over the map.

Leave the IS AC's alone. They're fine. Clan lasers may need a SLIGHT tweak, and IS lasers need a fairly significant buff. While we're at it, Clan UAC's could use some love to be something other than a waste of tonnage.

#17 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:51 AM

View PostIron Riding Cowboy, on 30 August 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Because it isn't a one-sided nerf. Look at the whole picture: the Inner Sphere equipment has been nerfed several times between the initial closed beta tests and now. Now the Clans have come out and they are better than PGI wants them to be, what do they do? They can buff the IS or nerf the Clans. What we'll likely get is some combination of the two.

Some Clan stuff needs weakening and some Inner Sphere stuff needs strengthening. More than that, PGI needs to have a defined set of foiling strengths and weaknesses for each tech set so they can get their "different but equal" game-play. They presently have not done that and it is quite evident.

#18 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

Maybe, just maybe, it's not the weapons themselves but the ability to pack arrays of them hitting simultaneously single components, in other words lack of converence mechanic that resembles dice throwing in TT?

Edited by kapusta11, 31 August 2014 - 02:04 AM.

#19 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:10 AM

Dice throwing has no business being in a shooter of any sort.

The only convergence mechanics I would condone are weapons returning closer to straight ahead the closer you are to full throttle and recoil on the ballistics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users