8 replies to this topic

#1 Roflberry Pwncakes

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNorthwest U.S.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

So quite some time ago, perhaps 9-10 months, I became so disgusted with MWO, I engaged in a personal, private boycott. I noticed that no forward progress was being made toward things that we beta testers and founders had been promised back when it was in beta. Let me rephrase that. PGI/IGP said pay us cash and help us launch the game, and it will eventually evolve into this vision as it comes out of beta. I liked what I saw in beta so much, I became a founder. Then it cleared beta far ahead of schedule, and things that we had been promised never appeared. Like a fixed colision system, melee attacks, star by star community warfare... all these things vanished, in place of a new Hero mech for MC like every month, sometimes even before the standard C-Bill variants were even available. The news feed in the launcher actually delivered news at one point, but after awhile, all it mentioned was this paint or that hero on sale for MC, so send in the $$$. My question is this, is anything fixed, or is it still all about raking in the mad stacks and not caring about promises made to founders?

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

Posted Image

#3 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

It's hard to answer given that anything said will likely seem insignificant to you. Look at the plan for details on whats accomplished... or maybe check the announcements section. I can't add anything that hasn't already been on the front page or announced.

#4 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

The only of those promises that they seem to be working toward is CW. And even then I don't know if it's going to be everything you imagine. Melee, nope, collision, that's fuht. They did mention on a podcast the idea of having a consumable that would deploy Elementals or tanks to attack a target.

#5 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

In my opinion... PGI/IGP gave a huge middle finger to all the Founders in this game...

Each Founder should get a Free Clan mech of their choice... be able to purchase Premium Time at a discount or get a discount on certain items (parts or cockpit items for example)...

And for the record... I"m not a Founder... I decided at the last minute not to contribute... and to this day I"m so glad that I did not contribute.

Everything the OP wanted is still not available at this time... well over 2.5 years since Closed Beta...

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 30 August 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

In my opinion... PGI/IGP gave a huge middle finger to all the Founders in this game...

Each Founder should get a Free Clan mech of their choice... be able to purchase Premium Time at a discount or get a discount on certain items (parts or cockpit items for example)...

And for the record... I"m not a Founder... I decided at the last minute not to contribute... and to this day I"m so glad that I did not contribute.

Everything the OP wanted is still not available at this time... well over 2.5 years since Closed Beta...

I have not payed for Clan Mechs and for the time being, Have no interest in having any. I still have all my Premium time. I got everything I paid for and don't see a need to give me more.

#7 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 August 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

/thread

lol that made my day.

#8 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

I bet the OP will be furious to hear they put CW ahead of collisions in the development queue. And to think they filled the game inventory with Mechs before releasing the persistent in-game territory capture Mechanism should also incite great fury and spite.

You see, it doesn't make sense. Why would they work on one part of the game when they could be working on a different part? It's rubbish - they should come out with all the features at once, at the same time, and don't let us play until it's ready. We all hate playing an incomplete game while it's still being written; we'd all be better off not being allowed to play at all, because that's more fun than playing.

;)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 30 August 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#9 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Sad part is- I bought the Space Engineers alpha and every single week they release new content. Not simply new, for profit stuff but actual changing game play content. This is a game that does not have the staff or publisher support that MWO has, yet every week can put something out that is well-tested and has a real effect. It's really disappointing to see PGI's lack of progress compared to something like Space Engineers, Kerbal Space Program, or even Dayz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users