Is Anyone Else A Little Discontent With Cbill Rewards?

71 replies to this topic

#21 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostAntiCitizenJuan, on 01 September 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

What is with this absolutely pathetic CBill gains?
I guess I didnt notice until recently, now that I'm saving up for my last Banshee.

This is agony. Why is this such a grind? Its even worse than it used to be.
Isn't it about time for a small boost in CBill gains? Especially since we have CBill Clan variants coming out every month?

Cbills are earned so slowly that I feel for new players. I have 110 mill in the bank and after playing all the clan mechs last Thursday, I have had to come to the conclusion I can only buy 3 clan mechs (all variants). However, I have been saving for months/year, new players are pretty SOL for clan mechs.

edit: However, my biggest grip is that scouting gets you hardly any cbills. Cbills are based on mainly damage done and savior kills. Narcing/tagging earn little to nothing and a great narcer can be more valuable than bettr damage dealers.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 01 September 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#22 Vercinaigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

This is one of many reasons the last 100 people I tried to get to play, quit before their first 3 mechs were done. Shame really, none of my friends will play this.

#23 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 01 September 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

When I want to earn lots of cbills I put NARC on a light, and try to stick one to every enemy, as well as shooting them all. 10-12 assists + narc bonus + spotting assists pays pretty well. It is kinda silly that you nee to play like that to get rewarded though.

It pays well in xp not cbills.

#24 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostAntiCitizenJuan, on 01 September 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

What is with this absolutely pathetic CBill gains?
I guess I didnt notice until recently, now that I'm saving up for my last Banshee.

This is agony. Why is this such a grind? Its even worse than it used to be.
Isn't it about time for a small boost in CBill gains? Especially since we have CBill Clan variants coming out every month?

Wait till CW forces the return of Rearm and Repair. They'll go up again. They will have to. And teach a lot more responsible gameplay through poverty.

#25 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

The Cbill/GXP grind is what drove away the majority of customers in this game so paul could keep advantages intact for his elitist tryhard homies.

Screw them, screw paul, and the recent events have proven participation only goes up when the grind is reduced via free premium rewards, hence PGI has failed with the f2p model and need to start over.

Edited by lockwoodx, 01 September 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#26 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 01 September 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Wait till CW forces the return of Rearm and Repair. They'll go up again. They will have to. And teach a lot more responsible gameplay through poverty.

I patiently await the second coming as it will punish spammers and reward the skilled... :ph34r:

#27 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

View PostDaZur, on 01 September 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

I patiently await the second coming as it will punish spammers and reward the skilled... :ph34r:

Indeed it will reward the "skilled" because lax restrictions on bill/xp gains = greater participation which = greater farming potential of new players for the truly gifted.

#28 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

View Postkuangmk11, on 01 September 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

Nope, but it is enough to get me to carefully choose the chassis I want to grind out, instead of grinding them all. Which means I do a lot less grinding/playing. I also wont buy a hero of a chassis unless I already have it mastered. Wages drive spending, give me more play money and I'll give you more real money.

I follow the reverse, the hero being the first on many chassis to help the grind to buy the other two, especially with regards 'Mech where there are only three non-hero variants.

#29 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

The grind is terrible for moderately skilled players, and abysmal for anyone worse (and that includes most of the new player population, really).

Several things could be done to mitigate this:

1 - Double current salvage pay rates. Since salvage is only collected by the winning team, it'd incentivize a win more. Also, since salvage rewards efficient kills (it pays based on the surviving equipment of destroyed mechs), it'd help reduce the damage farming mentality that so many players have.

2 - Real and meaningful rewards for alternative objective wins. Conquest needs double the c-bills per resource point collected, in addition to Conquest Capture Assists that reward a player for being in a box when it changes color (red to yellow, and yellow to blue). A player can get an arbitrary number of CCAs, depending on how much capping or uncapping he does. Make this a meaningful c-bill reward for each CCA credit. At 5k per, you'd see objective play on Conquest really take off (instead of 9 games out of 10 being glorified Skirmish matches). Assault needs drastically boosted turret kill rewards, as well as turret assists. Say, 5k divided among all players who damage the turret, distributed proportionally to the damage done, as well as a 1k bounty to the kill shot. Throw in 20k to each teammate for a capture win and the base in Assault suddenly means something.

3 - Far better rewards for things like spotting, counter ECM, TAG/NARC, etc. They already have token bounties, but until a spotter can make similar amounts of money to the LRM carrier he's enabling, we won't see team play properly rewarded.

There are other changes that should be made as well, especially to the new player experience (a few unlockable mechbays, for instance, and maybe a free mech under 10 million c-bills of the player's choice after completing some appropriate achievement). However, the ones above are some of the most important that could have the most immediate positive impact on overall gameplay and the general player experience.

#30 Riordan Lionheart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:46 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 01 September 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

The grind is terrible for moderately skilled players, and abysmal for anyone worse (and that includes most of the new player population, really).

Several things could be done to mitigate this:

1 - Double current salvage pay rates. Since salvage is only collected by the winning team, it'd incentivize a win more. Also, since salvage rewards efficient kills (it pays based on the surviving equipment of destroyed mechs), it'd help reduce the damage farming mentality that so many players have.

2 - Real and meaningful rewards for alternative objective wins. Conquest needs double the c-bills per resource point collected, in addition to Conquest Capture Assists that reward a player for being in a box when it changes color (red to yellow, and yellow to blue). A player can get an arbitrary number of CCAs, depending on how much capping or uncapping he does. Make this a meaningful c-bill reward for each CCA credit. At 5k per, you'd see objective play on Conquest really take off (instead of 9 games out of 10 being glorified Skirmish matches). Assault needs drastically boosted turret kill rewards, as well as turret assists. Say, 5k divided among all players who damage the turret, distributed proportionally to the damage done, as well as a 1k bounty to the kill shot. Throw in 20k to each teammate for a capture win and the base in Assault suddenly means something.

3 - Far better rewards for things like spotting, counter ECM, TAG/NARC, etc. They already have token bounties, but until a spotter can make similar amounts of money to the LRM carrier he's enabling, we won't see team play properly rewarded.

There are other changes that should be made as well, especially to the new player experience (a few unlockable mechbays, for instance, and maybe a free mech under 10 million c-bills of the player's choice after completing some appropriate achievement). However, the ones above are some of the most important that could have the most immediate positive impact on overall gameplay and the general player experience.

HERE HERE!!!
I agree 100% with this and TBH it is something PGI should have thought of a long time ago and it would like be insignificant in affecting their precious MC purchasers. Seriously, this game treats its players like banks and the fed treat student loan applicants

#31 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 01 September 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

Indeed it will reward the "skilled" because lax restrictions on bill/xp gains = greater participation which = greater farming potential of new players for the truly gifted.

You say that like it's a bad thing? :P

#32 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

Eh the only currently known upcoming mech that I am interested in is the stormcrow anyway so I have been using my income on modules and extra engines so I dont have to hotswap engines in at least my hero mechs.

As for the clan mechs... we have known about the release schedule for a long time now, and the prices were all on the last test server so there is no excuse to not saving if people are interested in buying them.

#33 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

146k CBills per match and I got ~70mils I have nothing to spend on.
Well I DO actually have things to spent em on but I pretty much got all I want from the game.
The funny thing is you get to this spot quite fast - you just buy the 3 mechs you like, elite them, sell their other variants, buy any possible weapon for them you can think of(which is not as expensive as it seems), grind some XP and modules.
And there you have it.
Average ~3 months of seriously playing the game - after that... you just stay around and hope and pray they introduce new content/maps/etc.
But I can agree that it was never that bad(the CBills gain per match) and I got pretty decent one too.
Though ordinary on a victory I get a bit more than 200k.

#34 Honiara

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:22 AM

So I had taken some time out of this game, I stopped playing in January and came back to this game in mid June

Since then I have ran premium time constantly, and probably play 20-30 hours a week. In this time I have purchased, elited and fully equipped the following. I play about half of my games in the public queue and half in the group queue. my win/loss ratio is about 1.5:1

All chassis have been purchased with C-Bills (other than hero mechs), I would have had a good 20mil when I came back to this game.

All of the below has had ES/DHS, FF where needed and all have an engine (some XL and some STD), I do not buy extra modules at 6mil/3mil each I swap them between my mechs as needed. I do not sell any chassis.

3x Cicada (3x XL Engines)
5x BlackJack (3x XL Engines)
2x Hunchback
1x Centrian (XL Engine)
2x ShadowHawk (2x XL Engines)
3x Griffin (2x XL Engines)
1x Catapault (XL Engine)
1x Thunderbolt
3x Orion

I have also fully equipped (I did purchasse the chassis' in the Clan pack), somewhere in the region of 2 mil per chassis as only omni pod and weapon changes.

3x Nova
3x Summoner
3x Timberwolf
3x Direwolf

As well as refitting probably 25 other mechs due to the changes in the game since January, and I probably spend 20k per game on average on consumables. I have also purcahsed 12mil in weapon modules, and the radar dep module @ 6mil.

Bottom line I really dont think that the Cbill earnings are too low, If you want better CBill earnings, get primium time.

#35 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:21 AM

I have avg.C-Bills per match since reset without using premiumtime or heros of 99.423,93.

Thats over all 4 wheigtclasses in is mechs only with builds i did not change in the last half year.

Thats not quite true, i swaped the narc to a srm6 on my raven,
and removed one ton of ammo or a heatsink on other mechs for a second ton of ams ammo,
but that should have reduced my income, not increaed...

Edited by Galenit, 02 September 2014 - 02:23 AM.

#36 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:29 AM

We are mostly playing as warriors for hire and expecting to be Wealthy? Is that the direction of the OP? :huh:

#37 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:35 AM

what a little discontent looks like

Posted Image

/maybe some more c-bill earning achievements are in order

#38 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 02 September 2014 - 02:35 AM, said:

what a little discontent looks like

Posted Image

Discount Tent... :lol:

#39 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:46 AM

I'm with Levi. The grind is difficult and drives new players raidly away. Premium time is no incentive as it gives off too few rewards.

Edited by Black Ivan, 02 September 2014 - 02:46 AM.

#40 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:50 AM

screw cbills, what about xp?

I had a match score of 159 the other day, 5 kills, 5 assists, 1292 damage. with premium time, and first win of the day for that mech.

XP reward was a measly 3500. What a load of bullshit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users