44 replies to this topic

#21 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:29 AM

Yeah, I had 2 "Cherry then gone" deaths yesterday.

One of them was a Gauss Timber, vs my Ember, so yeah, that can happen (Annoying though),

The other though was in my cataphrat, and I was hit by nothing but but large lasers. I think Large Lasers may be doing more damage than they're supposed to at the moment. Had that problem since the patch on the 26th.

#22 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:35 AM

View PostBront, on 02 September 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

The other though was in my cataphrat, and I was hit by nothing but but large lasers. I think Large Lasers may be doing more damage than they're supposed to at the moment. Had that problem since the patch on the 26th.

I've had that same crap happen but I cant remember if it was LL's or not.

#23 Shlkt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:40 AM

Guy in my unit likes to boat 8 C-ER LL in his DWF. Gotta chain them in groups of 2 to not cook yourself, but that's almost 90 damage per "beam" as it appears to your target. Yeah, it kills stuff (particularly slow stuff) quickly.

#24 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

View PostBront, on 02 September 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

Yeah, I had 2 "Cherry then gone" deaths yesterday.

One of them was a Gauss Timber, vs my Ember, so yeah, that can happen (Annoying though),

if this was the case, I'd be tearing apart loads up stuff with a 4 LL vindicator.

#25 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 02 September 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

if this was the case, I'd be tearing apart loads up stuff with a 4 LL vindicator.

It might be coincidence. I'm not exactly a large sample size.

Or maybe you're just bad with them?

#26 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

I haven't had it personally but in about half my games tonight I've heard people exclaiming over chat that they'd died instantly.

#27 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

People have been dying instantly in this game for months. its nothing new.

Its commonly complained about that TTK is too fast.

#28 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

clan gauss and ppc are one hit killers
mouse macro so they fire at the same time and at closeish range youre dead

#29 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostKhobai, on 02 September 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

People have been dying instantly in this game for months. its nothing new.

Its commonly complained about that TTK is too fast.

It's an erroneous complaint though.... The TTK is not too fast. People are just under the mistaken impression that by extending the TTK, they will somehow not get stomped as bad.

If you extend the TTK, you'll end up just extending the gap between good and bad players... They'll lose even more, as they'll never be able to get through a mech's armor before a better play kills them.

#30 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

Im thinking headshot, they happen.

The other night I came over a rise on TERRIBLE THERMOS in my Cicada and found face to face with a DireWolf near the start of a match. I fired off my alpha ( a respectable 45-48) and tucked my tail between my legs and dove into a trench to run away.

Next thing I see is that I killed him in that one volley. It wasn't marksmanship...it was luck.

#31 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

The TTK is not too fast.

I dunno I kill other people instantly all the time. A lot of the time before they even get a chance to do any damage.

Even if TTK was higher id still kill them. But I might not feel as bad about it.

#32 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostKhobai, on 02 September 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

I dunno I kill other people instantly all the time. A lot of the time before they even get a chance to do any damage.

Even if TTK was higher id still kill them. But I might not feel as bad about it.

As it stands in the game currently, instant kills are exceptionally rare. There are only a few ways it can happen, and hinges on landing a quite large alpha strike all on one location.. Either 35 on the head, or an even larger amount on some side torso with an XL mech... generally requiring you to go through their back armor.

#33 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

Ammo-explosions could play a role in his "one-shot death" situation too. Plenty of times I'll be firing upon a heavy mech with medium lasers and then see my status update light up with 'component destruction' x6 and then see in general chat something along the lines of "WTF thats BS! I had full armor.. wtf happened! HACKER!" /ragequit

#34 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Eh, you guys aren't really paying attention. Getting one-shot and killed instantly is a known bug and has been around for a while. It has nothing to do with ammo explosions, Gauss rifle macros, or any game mechanic or weapon whatsoever. It's a bug; it has to do with the way that CryEngine interacts with certain connections and packet loss. I've been one-shotted by stepping over ledges before, always at peak load times for my ISP.

Just treat "getting killed instantly" the same as you would treat "getting disconnected".

#35 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostXarian, on 02 September 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

Eh, you guys aren't really paying attention. Getting one-shot and killed instantly is a known bug and has been around for a while. It has nothing to do with ammo explosions, Gauss rifle macros, or any game mechanic or weapon whatsoever. It's a bug; it has to do with the way that CryEngine interacts with certain connections and packet loss. I've been one-shotted by stepping over ledges before, always at peak load times for my ISP.

Just treat "getting killed instantly" the same as you would treat "getting disconnected".

I'm not aware of this bug, nor have I ever witnessed it in the years I've been playing this game. Do you have a thread discussing it?

#36 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

I had this happen outer ct orange-ish in a nova I got hit with some medium lasers to yellow cored then saw small lasers flash (they were out of range) and boom.

I'm thinking its more of a paper doll/unseen hit problem where either HSR said you were hit and took a few seconds to catch up or the paper doll didn't update the amount of damage already received.

#37 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostRoland, on 02 September 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

It's an erroneous complaint though.... The TTK is not too fast. People are just under the mistaken impression that by extending the TTK, they will somehow not get stomped as bad.

If you extend the TTK, you'll end up just extending the gap between good and bad players... They'll lose even more, as they'll never be able to get through a mech's armor before a better play kills them.

Yeah but if they can stay on the battlefield for more than 30 seconds they might actually get an opportunity to learn.

#38 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostXarian, on 02 September 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

80 point Alpha Strikes! :huh:

#39 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostHenri Schoots, on 02 September 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

clan gauss and ppc are one hit killers
mouse macro so they fire at the same time and at closeish range youre dead

wat

IS have the same capabilities...and macros are not needed.

#40 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

Heck, I've had people literally explode from a server hiccup while moving.

Guy was running along in a Death's Knell. Suddenly, CT explodes. Not off-map. Nothing anywhere near to shoot him,he was capping- and no, no artillery either. Just watched him keel over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users