#81 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostMuncehead, on 07 September 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

Please fix the sale prices for the Hero mechs.

It's been two days since I first advised them of the broken JPG link on their Challenge page, too.

Posted Image

Maybe the Devs have already moved on to the new game.

#82 Cellinor

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

yeah I bought both of the dragon heroes expecting to pay only 4500 total (sale price) but unfortunately it looks like I spent 9k MC. Am I going to get refunded my MC?

#83 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

Out of all the events and challenges that were run so far, this is the first one I actually enjoyed playing.

Thanks for finally putting a team challenge out.

The point system is tons better then "win X games", too.

Got to play with my friends, got rewarded for good performances even if the team I got matched with sucked, got extra rewards for playing on the weekend....well done (this time).

Now just manage to put one thing out there that just works...I mean without sales that happen differently then announced and I might spend money on this again....

Edited by ClaymoreReIIik, 08 September 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#84 SpiceMelange

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostCellinor, on 08 September 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

yeah I bought both of the dragon heroes expecting to pay only 4500 total (sale price) but unfortunately it looks like I spent 9k MC. Am I going to get refunded my MC?

Contact support

#85 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

Great Event, was a ton of fun, finally an event where I could play with my friends.
The point system is the right thing to do it, maybe it needs some tweaking here and there but overall it is good.
Real great would be allowing it not only for groups of 4 players, but for 3-4 or 3-5 players, so its easier for all to find a group to play with.

cheers JayKay17

#86 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

Challenge Update:

Hello PGI/IGP,

I continued to play for another 4 hours yesterday with my friends, but I'm only at 326 points. This was due to a decision on my part, since I already have tons of 'Mechs and bays. I decided to LRM for my friends so they could get a bunch of spot assists and such, so they could get as many points as possible. One of them is really close to tier 2 and I showed him this post: http://mwomercs.com/...then-look-here/

I hope that he finds a good group and I am really happy (no sarcasm) that the community has come together to pick up the slack, I'm actually quite proud of my fellow MechWarriors. I may try these channels out when I get off of work later today, and I am seriously considering looking into one of the bigger units out there if I can convince my friends to give up our smaller unit. The challenge is beautifully promoting team work as well!

For the people complaining about LRMs, I highly suggest you get more ECM in your group and learn how to take cover and work together to suppress the enemy LRM boats. I agree that there may be way too many LRM boats out right now, but I'm happy to see that they are being more useful to team members. My friends and I usually ran in the composition of me being the LRM boat, one being in a snipe-heavy, and 2 running around in fast spotters/scouts. When we ran into the LRMs that blot out the sun I would send in my lights to harass them (and thus stopping them from blotting out the sun) while my heavy friend and I got into position to rush them. I LOVE Catapults and Kintaros that have nothing but LRMs, so tasty to take apart up close (even if I was in an LRM boat I would always have close range weapons). Oh look at that, I just described a scenario where the challenge is not only fostering team work, but also tactics other than "BLAM BLAM I'm a sniper, and I can haz more weapons than you, so I win!"

As for some other things PGI/IGP... Every time, Every Time, I exited a match after seeing the score screen it would kick me to desktop. My friends would see me as "deployed" and I would have to log in again and be re-invited... Then they would hit search and it would search and find a match without me. So to fix this I had to exit normally and log in a second time. This happened after every single time I exited a match, and it ended up delaying us and making it that much longer to find a match. Other than that the only technical difficulties we ran into was the weird freezing bug, where suddenly everyone was running in place and you can't do anything until it is done.

Your hero'mechs weren't on sale as advertised, which sucks for my friends (and you) because they were considering buying them. I find it amusing that you expect your player base to grind away at these challenges for hours on end over the weekend, but you yourselves won't put in the overtime to fix something so that people can give you money. XD
But in all seriousness, I hope you guys fix this and maybe extend the hero'mech sale. At least one of my friends is very interested in the Protector, another was interested in the Jester (but I have no idea if he got it), and another was interested in Heavy Metal.

That's all I have for now, and I hope to have a more complete report for you later this evening.

P.S. I'm glad you guys are listening to your player-base and I am elated that you are taking steps to improve your challenges based on feedback, please keep up the good work! Also please take my feedback not as negative criticism, but as constructive feedback that will (hopefully) help you make your game a better experience that attracts more players (customers).

#87 Spectral Ceramite

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

Just do challaneges that are open to soloists, and group players, so can appease all. If it is open to all, then If stipulate one or the other you will always get protagonists for a faction, and both factions are appeased. If open to all, all happy... .Tried playing this challange, though was fun, I find it meh. I did as much as could (as a solo player) but it was worse than if went I solo for this challange. For future, let us that want to just play solo, play, and us that want to group, group. So I say my opinion.
Warm regards,
Wulf

Edited for English

Edited by Wulf1666, 08 September 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#88 Cellinor

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

yeah I tried opening a ticket but the "topic" dropdown menu was not working so it would not submit the ticket. I have since emailed their support group. we will see what happens.

#89 Donovan Valencourt

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

Are we going to get another chance at some of the other Hero mech's that were on sale? I wanted to pick up the Death's Knell but it was still full price. Please let us get another chance at the mech's that were not on sale that were supposed to be.

#90 King Kuranes

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:25 AM

PGI I have noticed that TODAY's hero mechs have successfully been on sale but YESTERDAYS still have not been uploaded!

I wanted to buy both Dragons and the YLW. Will this ever be addressed by anyone or something done to make up for this fact? I would contact support but they still haven't answered an inquiry from me for a week now, so that's obviously a waste of time

#91 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

I am ecstatic that they have done a group based challenge having brought some players into the game in the last few weeks after having played solo for years. However, I can't see how this challenge is anything other than a glorified solo challenge with the arbitrary requirement of grouping with 3 other people. Other than having to drop with 3 other people there is no need to interact with each other, or even talk to each other as everyone's scores are tracked individually on ones own personal performance instead of as a group. This lance challenge rings hollow for me.

#92 SpiceMelange

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostCellinor, on 08 September 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

yeah I tried opening a ticket but the "topic" dropdown menu was not working so it would not submit the ticket. I have since emailed their support group. we will see what happens.

Hopefully fixed soon.

#93 RowdyRudiRude

Rookie

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

Well thanks, then I hope to get the Heavy Metal soon...

#94 SpiceMelange

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 08 September 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Hey everyone!

It seems an error had taken place in the sale manager system. Please contact us at support if you purchased one of the On-Sale Mechs for SUNDAY. We will be happy to reimburse you for your missing MC.

We are also resetting this missed sale to take place on Tuesday, tomorrow, for those who missed out.

Woohoo thanks Nik!

#95 PSY 5

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMIAMI

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 08 September 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Hey everyone!

It seems an error had taken place in the sale manager system. Please contact us at support if you purchased one of the On-Sale Mechs for SUNDAY. We will be happy to reimburse you for your missing MC.

We are also resetting this missed sale to take place on Tuesday, tomorrow, for those who missed out.

So unfortunate that by Tuesday our 3 day premium time will be all used up with no possibility of spending it on our brand new hero mechs. The bad timing on this disaster is borderline unforgivable...

#96 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

It's funny how quickly I'd forgotten what "fun" it was to get organized into 4-mans …

#97 Evil Archer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSSR, Ekaterinburg

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

It's very good challenge. Solo-challenges was hell, but this one very fun.

#98 CorranHorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

I enjoyed the solo challenge, I did complete it early that Sunday morning I think. It was a bit grindy, but I still enjoyed it. However this event was, in my opinion, more fun all around. I completed the challenge yesterday evening, and have been helping my friends finish theirs, all four of us finished it by today. I enjoyed the greater team play that was going on for the most part, no not much talking was needed a lot of the time, but people just seemed to be more interested in helping their team. Tonight I was getting hammered by a Banshee from behind in my battered Direwolf, and forgetting I had switched teamspeak channels so I could hear the live cast tonight, was calling for help there. Even so, my team actually came to support me, doesn't seem to usually happen during normal game play even, let alone during most challenges done to date. I did bite the dust shortly after that to a sneak griffon who I assumed sent a payload of missles to my backside as well....well done griffon pilot who I do not remember the name of.
Yes I think the challenge needs a little bit of tweaking, maybe some sort of reward for the solo player, maybe not the same reward since this was supposed to be for groups, but something for them. Some additions, or changes to the scoring system might make for some different choices by the players. Narc/tag/lrms was the flavor of the weekend, but even so it was doable.
Thank you for doing a good job on this challenge and I look forward to the next challenges,

Edited by CorranHorn, 08 September 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#99 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

First off ... I'm really enjoying this challenge more than any others ... a team game that rewards team play ... brilliant.

However, the TAG and NARC assist points have encouraged some pretty ridiculous game play.

In general, I don't change my playing style in any particular 'mech for any particular event, but I came real close last night ... right after my brawler AS7-D-DC got torn apart in a horrible, glorious ball of fire.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself for my early death in that match ... It was all my fault ... I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I should have recognized that NONE of my team was moving in to attack.

I figured I'd click through my team mates' builds, just to see what was up ... LRMs ... LRMs ... LRMs ... Dual Gauss ... LRMs ... LRMs ... Dual Gauss ... Dual Gauss ... LRMs ... Laser Vomit ... and (you guessed it) LRMs ... I would have been better off playing 100 ton ECM cover and rear guard (and waited for the inevitable furball, and then started brawling) ... but that's not fun! For that matter, LRMs en masse are not fun.

If this had been a one-off outlier of a match, I wouldn't be griping ... I'd be smiling ear-to-ear that PGI was rewarding and encouraging team play ... but the prevalence of LRMs for the past few days has been stupid.

I'm happy that you're rewarding use of scouting / information tools, but encouraging the use of any one effective tactic over another creates a boring game environment.

Edit: and one more thing ... next Lance Challenge .... each lance must have one of each weight class ...

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 08 September 2014 - 09:37 PM.

#100 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 08 September 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

However, the TAG and NARC assist points have encouraged some pretty ridiculous game play.

I figured I'd click through my team mates' builds, just to see what was up ... LRMs ... LRMs ... LRMs ... Dual Gauss ... LRMs ... LRMs ... Dual Gauss ... Dual Gauss ... LRMs ... Laser Vomit ... and (you guessed it) LRMs ... I would have been better off playing 100 ton ECM cover and rear guard (and waited for the inevitable furball, and then started brawling) ... but that's not fun! For that matter, LRMs en masse are not fun.

If this had been a one-off outlier of a match, I wouldn't be griping ... I'd be smiling ear-to-ear that PGI was rewarding and encouraging team play ... but the prevalence of LRMs for the past few days has been stupid.

I agree with this... The lance challenge was fun. Since most of my rl friends were not available for this event, I had to resort to grouping up with randoms. This proved to be interesting and helped me expand my friend base to random strangers I actually enjoyed playing with and might hook up with again.

But the TAG and NARC assist components of the challenge really did cause a visible change in the tactics I normally see when dropping solo... LRM hell went to new extremes... And the difference was very noticeable when going back to solo drops over the weekend compared to 4 man pre-made.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users