47 replies to this topic

#21 Captain Quirk

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

The fact that they probably wont even make $500K in a month makes this all the more funny. Give it 30 more days and they will cut it to $250K.

#22 Rhaegor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

PGI will never get a dime from me again!

#23 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

You shouldn't call a backer of a PGI game "Founder".

You call such "Sucker"

#24 Aesis

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGrandma's basement

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostJohn T Quirk, on 11 September 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

The fact that they probably wont even make $500K in a month makes this all the more funny. Give it 30 more days and they will cut it to $250K.

Nah they'll do the old trick of fabricating the pledge figure :)

#25 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

Its only made 6.6k from about 4 days. Its pretty much already stalled out today with only 8 new backers. I think they should just call it right now, even if the stretch goal gets cut in half again it still wouldn't be close to making it.

#26 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

Ah yes, the uwe boll method of game making

#27 TOGSolid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

View PostThizcrusher, on 11 September 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

It means "We realized we won't meet our original goal, but we'll adjust our sights to something more practical and try to move this game forward"

There's a sucker born every minute.

#28 Terminal Blue

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRomano Liao

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

I don't understand why people are doubting a company with a proven track record of sticking to promises made in return for funding money.

Seriously, you people will be cynical about anything!

#29 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostTerminal Blue, on 12 September 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

I don't understand why people are doubting a company with a proven track record of sticking to promises made in return for funding money.

Seriously, you people will be cynical about anything!

That is so true Terminal! How could you people???? Even after they put the stretchgoals on sale.....50% off everyone!!! Come get them while they last!

#30 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

the game has not real vision where to go, its basically just such a raw concept it could be anything or nothing.

What we know:

there is kinda Pvp,
there will be classes.
Its in space.

Nothing says any very specific stuff about what the game really is or does.
It feels like the rough concept of Evochron mercenaries with preset classes. Or a multiplayer mod for an early X game.
But why should people especially put money into this game? What will this game offer me that i want to play it instead of one of the others?

and why in space?
Why not making something in an own universe, like oceanic planet where people would fight for ressources underwater, Could all house the same feature, but would at least offer a unique surrounig instead of being the another Space game.

#31 CaptainFuture

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

when i saw the title of the new game, i had to think about Conchita Wurst somehow. strange. :mellow:

bye,

CaptainFuture

#32 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:44 AM

watching the trailer i thought it sayed 'drones were attacking' which made me assume it was pve...

"when i saw the title of the new game, i had to think about Conchita Wurst somehow. strange. :mellow:"

Transverstite? :lol:

Edited by Gorantir, 12 September 2014 - 06:46 AM.

#33 Lanessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:32 AM

Instead of all the negativity, I think we should focus on the points of actual concern. "I will never giefz moneyz to PGI" is sort of low-brow, don't you think?

There are other basic flaws in the development process which haven't been addressed. I'd post these in Transverse, but the forums there are... basically unused and full of negative spam or joking comments.

Concern #1

E:D Has a playable beta out with over 55 star systems, trading, pirate activities, bounties, 10 ships (?), TrackIR and Rift support, HOTAS support.

Star Citizen has 2 modules produced, timelines which were dictated before the crowdfunding (most of which they've met, some delay on the DFM).

Transverse is being offered without timelines, only a CGI trailer without any alpha gameplay (and very light on concept art). This from a company who has not implemented their persistence/MMO functions (this game is promoted as an MMO sandbox, btw) in the 2.5 years after being moved to Open Beta. The timeline for that feature has been pushed at least 4 times, and is now no longer persistent (resets proposed every 90 days).

Stretch Goals

Elite: Dangerous: No stretch goals. 1.25 million was just to produce the game as presented.

Star Citizen: Way too many to list. We'll start and run up to the 5 million mark.
  • Basic dogfighting and single-player campaign (30 missions) funded at 2 million.
  • 3 million was a persistent universe
  • 4 million has a new star system @ every 100K and mod tools, 45 missions on the SP campaign
  • 5 million was melee combat and boarding actions, 70 star systems, tablet integration.
Okay, let's compare that to Transverse:
  • 1 million - we make the game, space flight
  • 1.5 million - customize the ships
  • 2 million - space combat
  • 3 million (???)
This doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence in backers on what will be present in the "base game".

Edited by Lanessar, 12 September 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#34 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

For me it is not about PGI but about another space-sim-like game bcuz I do not know why some1 would like to compete to SC.
I think that even Elite : Dangerous have any chance only bcuz it have name Elite which is here since old Amigas/Ataris/ZXspectrums .
I just do not wanna support smthing what have 1% chance to success.

Edited by JudgeDeathCZ, 12 September 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#35 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

Why not make a submarine related game. No competition for that environment.

#36 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 12 September 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Why not make a submarine related game. No competition for that environment.

too late lol http://www.silenthunteronline.com/

#37 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

Oh boy, the stupidity that goes on here is amazing. PGI didn't cut the first stretch goal in half. They added a new goal of $500K in addition to the other stretch goals. The $1 million goal has and still is the basic flight mechanics.

#38 Country Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

You are right. They basically said, "Once we don't hit this mark, we give up on crowd funding. They added a goal of "are we even going to attempt to make a game because this looks like it is going very badly."

They said that they will see alternate forms of funding. Who would fund a game that MAY have 25K by the end of the month long crowd funding campaign?

#39 JakeEDogge

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:48 PM

I seem to remember a friend claiming that MWO had $5 million pulled out of it early on in its development, which no one here has ever denied btw. I'm surprised people have continued to pour money into the game, and not in the least surprised how slowly the game has continued to develop. And now they want to branch out and use the universe they've developed for MWO to start up a new game and they want us to pay for it. Just how stupid do they think we are??

#40 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:41 AM

View PostJakeEDogge, on 12 September 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

I seem to remember a friend claiming that MWO had $5 million pulled out of it early on in its development, which no one here has ever denied btw. I'm surprised people have continued to pour money into the game, and not in the least surprised how slowly the game has continued to develop. And now they want to branch out and use the universe they've developed for MWO to start up a new game and they want us to pay for it. Just how stupid do they think we are??

Your friend is full of **** because there is no way they would know how much MWO makes or if any of its profits have been "pulled out".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users