Mechlab Chat

4 replies to this topic

#1 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:26 PM

So it'd be really nice if when you press "launch" it didn't disable everything in the mechlab while it looks for games. That way you could still use the social tab to chat to buddies etc...

This is especially important for groups who don't want to use voice comms and get tired of getting cut off in communication with each other for 4 minutes while they matchmaker looks for matches. It makes us use third party tools.

Maybe that's the point? You want us to use 3rd part voip and not use the chat in MWO at all?

#2 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

Is there some kind of reason why chatting is even disabled while it looks for games?

#3 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:15 PM

Our communication needs in game seem like an afterthought. One that should be readdressed, starting with severing the connection with C3. It is something that should have been addressed long ago and because it was not, they can quite factually say the majority of players have already worked out one or more other methods to communicate in and out of game.. and use that as a reason to put off properly integrating C3 or scrapping it for a more traditional integrated communication system.

Sadly if C3 had been working as intended, it could have been a great tool for pre-recruiting players, forming cross alliances and scheduling informal competitions. It needed to be integrated, with use of the stand alone client being optional. As it is the communities are spread to the galactic winds where these things take place in a handful of other sub-communities.

Of course these Sub-communities would (did) exist outside of MW:O already, but their position should/would have been secondary and by having to step up and and take rank. Armies have been formed that need now, unification or at the very least a way to parley(changes are flowing perhaps this one is ready to boil over).

Edited by XphR, 01 October 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#4 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

This is, especially to me, more and more important as CW dawns upon us. As the game becomes more and more social oriented, it is going to suffer more if you don't actually give us tools to communicate with people PGI.

Another issue I've been thinking about is the fact that you have to be "Friends" with someone in game to actually chat with this. This seems stupid to me, maybe I don't really want to be "friends" with someone just acquaintances for the night? I dunno maybe that's just stupid terminology, but it'd help if there were a way to at least categorize these "friends". For example a little 150 character sized description I can add so I remember how I met these people, and so on. Anyway the point is, please expand the social tab with a lot more features so it is actually useful.

#5 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

And leave it available until a match is found, then suspend it to load into the match. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users