• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

Added to doc, message sent.

View PostTunes of war, on 14 September 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

so i nominate karl steiger

http://mwomercs.com/...-karl-streiger/

he is also called the spreadsheet warrior...

#702 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:47 PM

It makes so much since to put the game in the hands of the vocal minority. Fueled by a high school popularity contest where the friends of the person running for class president get the ballots stuffed by their friends. And everyone else gets ridiculed into silence.

#703 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 14 September 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

It makes so much since to put the game in the hands of the vocal minority. Fueled by a high school popularity contest where the friends of the person running for class president get the ballots stuffed by their friends. And everyone else gets ridiculed into silence.

I really don't want to spam the same stuff so I'll just ask if you bothered to read the thread? That's not what this is about. Not even potentially, or how it will work or what it will do. Please read the thread.

#704 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:52 PM

In no particular order I would nominate these fine people assuming they want the job.

Homeless Bill
Sandpit
Bishop Steiner
Koniving

#705 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:19 PM

Google doc of current recorded nominations and their confirmed positions.

Please feel free to help fill out the list for those folks.

#706 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:27 PM

View PostGarandos, on 12 September 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

*edit* Personal note, i would find it nice, if 2 Volunteers would come up, and help me do the countings, if one person does it, there is allways a chance of error, and we should try to minimize that.

Only people which are not nominated please!

Send me a PM if you are interested, thanks!

Just in case you forum trolls missed it, Garandos is asking for help. (this is from the opening post on this thread)

Edited by Peiper, 14 September 2014 - 11:28 PM.

#707 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 September 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

I really don't want to spam the same stuff so I'll just ask if you bothered to read the thread? That's not what this is about. Not even potentially, or how it will work or what it will do. Please read the thread.

Perhaps you Garandos should adjust the title

Edit: sorry

View PostGarandos, on 12 September 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

Tagging you to adjust the title?

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 14 September 2014 - 11:37 PM.

#708 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:47 PM

Just PMed Garandos about where we're at. He can change the thread title if he pleases; I'm using 'task force' since 'council' seems to confuse people.

#709 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

A word of caution with all of this. You are adding in politics to this community. It would do us all well if we were to lay out the exact guidelines as to what these task force members should and should not do. I know the goal is to have members who have no voting or authority but the nature of their job mandates they have decision making powers. They will be speaking for the community. It's easier to get ahead of potential problems that might cause now than wait for it to become a problem and bring this initiative crashing down.

#710 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:19 AM

View PostWarZ, on 14 September 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Player council is a bullshit idea if they have any sway in terms of what is addressed and what is not.

The devs should be more aware of their own game. If they are going to make an effort at something, screw this council idea, and put more time into understanding the issues which frustrate and annoy players the most. Read more. Form your OWN opinions. The council idea is PURE laziness.

That wastes too much time. Especially since it has been proven since the first days of beta testing any game ever made. Players will always think of more things that the devs (500 versus literally thousands)

#711 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 15 September 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

A word of caution with all of this. You are adding in politics to this community. It would do us all well if we were to lay out the exact guidelines as to what these task force members should and should not do. I know the goal is to have members who have no voting or authority but the nature of their job mandates they have decision making powers. They will be speaking for the community. It's easier to get ahead of potential problems that might cause now than wait for it to become a problem and bring this initiative crashing down.

Well said - the task define the members.
If it is the task for them to "refine" all ideas - without evaluation - every body - with enough time can do the job ;)

If they are able to sweep ideas away - because they think they are unrealistic to implement or a potential game breaker - you need a broad field of "community" members. (few Task Force Members)

next question - is every idea reviewed by every council member and than they vote internal if they want to think about this idea or not - causíng an extraordinary investment of time. (Of course you can reduce that with a bigger Task Force)

At least a proposal:

The name TASK Force should really be used. They should not work on any proposal - they should only work one specific task. In this case ECM, maybe when work is done (information from PGI about the idea) - next topic CASE.

Also very important the quality of the community ideas. They should have multi short terms what the idea is about:
Example:
  • Remove Invisible Cloak
  • Cloak IFF
  • Reduce Information Gathering Time
Of course the suggestion of the community should also include - the reason behind those changes, how it is supposed to work, why it should work this way... and much more.
That would help the Task Force - to collect and merge multiple ideas

Edited by Karl Streiger, 15 September 2014 - 01:29 AM.

#712 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:14 AM

The job is to (based on my understanding of the role):

a: Identify player suggestions
b: Compile player suggestions
c: Request clarification of ideas
d: Create polls that enable players to vote on the collected suggestions.

If that is the case, you don't need a player council, you need interns. People, typically college students, that want to enter a field and want some experience before diving into the job market. Interns which are unfamiliar with the development of the game are less likely to have a bias for or against ideas (which is important, as the 'council' seems to decide which ideas are voted upon). They don't even need to be game design students, as most of the work would be sorting through ideas and communicating with the player base. Game design students would open up additional work possibilities, but aren't necessary. PGI can help students, students can help PGI, and PGI can avoid bad feelings associated with player politics. Just a suggestion for PGI; if PGI doesn't read it here, then whoever is on the council should post this suggestion in a player poll.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 15 September 2014 - 01:16 AM.

#713 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:41 AM

I vote Livewyr

#714 Garandos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 196 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:21 AM

New numbers are up, as of Monday morning.

Thanks again to the participants!

And to the Mod team, helping to keep this on Track!

Again the reminder, we need at least ONE more person for tuesdays Counting, so it will be fair and square!

#715 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:37 AM

Really hope this will all work out. Its about damn time PGI started to listen to players, as long as they truly do and this isn't just another part of the campaign to make themselves look better after all the "reddit-transwhatever" fallout. So far I have doubts, but we'll see.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 15 September 2014 - 02:38 AM.

#716 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostGalen Crayn, on 14 September 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

That was the BEST decision PGI could make. Why? Now everybody will see that it is impossible to make changes EVERYBODY will agree with. We are humans. Most of humans are idiots, bad guys, egoists, and we all have different views on things... Thats the reason you cannot save the world and thats the reason you cannot make game changes everybody likes. An 80% majority is IMPOSSIBLE! So, touche PGI. Best decision ever!

We don't need 80% majority. We just need the ECM solution that has the most amount of votes. Similar to how nations elect officials.

K.I.S.S.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 September 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#717 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:56 AM

View PostGalen Crayn, on 14 September 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

That was the BEST decision PGI could make. Why? Now everybody will see that it is impossible to make changes EVERYBODY will agree with. We are humans. Most of humans are idiots, bad guys, egoists, and we all have different views on things... Thats the reason you cannot save the world and thats the reason you cannot make game changes everybody likes. An 80% majority is IMPOSSIBLE! So, touche PGI. Best decision ever!
You mean everyone didn't know that already? Also Words like Everyone are Faulty Generalization. In my Apprenticeship classes a Teacher once said:
Some is All with Most missing
Most is All with Some missing
All is impossible to achieve.

#718 CharlieChap

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

Its more about ideas than %'s.

If people get together and come up with some creative and thoughtful ideas/solutions and they are considered its a step forward.

I have seen good posts by Koniving, Livewyr over time that are well argued and thoughtful.
(not sure how you are voting but if can suggest 2, those are my nominations.)

(edit, removed Bishop Steiner as he doesn't want to stand.)

Edited by CharlieChap, 15 September 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#719 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

Sorry, I don't read all that 36 page.. so, it can be that this players don't want play council.. but, I would vote for:
(I choose this names, because, I think, this palyers have some kind of necessery knowledge for this council-thing..)

Koniving: BL-high-lorer, longtime MWO player, forumer (He has videos from anything, since the Big Bang...)

JagerXII: Famous HELO/competitive player, know everything from teamplay and combat (But, he knows Solo too..)

Egomane: He played in every role in MWO, but he knows and can use PGI/Forum rule-system too..

Sidestrafe: He plays mosty the "lonely ECM sniper", with high skill and likes/knows military tactics...

Homless Bill: He is a kind of outlaw for me, but he gaves in the past really necessary and important datas for the community, even when PGI, (in my opinion, from some kind of mistake) didn't want do that..

Edited by Sky Hawk, 15 September 2014 - 05:04 AM.

#720 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:35 AM

I had nominated Reno Blade back on page 33, dont see him on the Google Doc.
The others I nominated are there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users