15 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

I'd just like to share my experience with the Adder since it's quite a fun little mech. It's a light mech but it's not really used for scouting. Just the stock designs of the Adder indicate that this nasty little thing is supposed to wreck faces with builds such as double LRM20s and dual ER PPCs.

The playstyle is up to you. Peek and shoot in tunnels, backstab, be that huge Atlas or Direwolf's sidekick, run with a pack of mediums and so on.

My preferred build for the Adder is one with four Clan SRM4 with Artemis and 6 tons of ammo as well as an extra 2 DHS. Modules are CSRM Cooldown and CSRM4 Range of course. Bring an Airstrike or Arty strike and you can start having some fun. If they mob me I just drop the whole airstrike on myself. :angry:

ADR-PRIME

If you check the armor, I only placed two points in the back and put everything in the front. You're not going to run circles around anything with your speed so you are going to go in there and brawl. If they get behind you, the extra 2-4 armor isn't gonna save you anyway. :lol:

Your goal is to fire as much of your 600 rounds of SRMs as you can into the enemy's face and Airstrike/arty whenever you have the chance. Don't worry too much about dying 1v1 vs a Direwolf. Just make sure by the time he's done with you he has no CT armor left. :lol:

Just go buy your Adder, put all the armor to the front, put in the most painful weapons you can use without shutting down and charge in there and tear their faces off! Oh, and have fun doing it to. :ph34r:

#2 Mauadib

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

I've been running these and found them to be fun. The first one is a bit longer ranged than would be acceptable for an Angry Adder I think but you be the judge.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ff2248565b36e87

and for the more ballistically inclined.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b719d5b3195a1b

#3 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:50 AM

just bought one yesterday and I am looking at doing the same SRM boat as you did pretty much.

I did want to try it with 4 6s without artemis (maybe it was with, can't remember)

#4 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 16 September 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

just bought one yesterday and I am looking at doing the same SRM boat as you did pretty much.

I did want to try it with 4 6s without artemis (maybe it was with, can't remember)

I tried it with SRM6 but I ran into a couple of issues:

1) Refire rate much longer than SRM4s
2) The heat was a bit too much when firing them all at once.

It's not totally bad and 4xSRM6 definitely looks more badarse than 4xSRM4 though. Maybe once I unlock elites on my Adder prime I'll go back to trying the SRM6s. :)

Here's the SRM6 version I used, but it still had Artemis - ADR-PRIME

View PostMauadib, on 15 September 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

I've been running these and found them to be fun. The first one is a bit longer ranged than would be acceptable for an Angry Adder I think but you be the judge.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ff2248565b36e87

and for the more ballistically inclined.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b719d5b3195a1b

Punching mechs in the face with an ER PPC still counts! :lol:

Edited by Elizander, 16 September 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#5 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

I try to keep the Clan mechs using their stock Omnipods jsut to make sure the grind up on each is a bit different.

Had a heck of a time playing with load out on D. Ballistic on such a light mech just hard with how many tons it is so finally dumped it and put in Machine Gun and bumped up the Energy slot power to ER PPC. Finally found a version of the D I enjoy and find to be very effective.

Call it Spitting Adder

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8d7353b67686a0c

Went with ER PPC 2 SRM-6 and M.Gun and Flamer makes for a heck of a hit and run artist.

If I am face to face with enemy I am doing it wrong.

ER PPC great for quick shots then hide, lasers leave ya exposed for too long it doesn't have armor for this.

SRM 6's are the knockout.

Flamer and M.Gun combo just remember FORGET their damage they aren't their to nuke enemies they are psychological. Flamer blinding ya and helping hot mech stay hot so they can barely fire before shutting down is priceless. Most people run to hot as it is. Most people start getting worried at this point. Add on constant chatter of M.Gun to distract them and irrate them and viola they start getting dumb and forgetting things. Then once you go internal on mech any Component destroyed results are just icing on the cake.

Edited by Mad Ox, 17 September 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#6 Sagedabluemage

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

I prefer to derp on my builds tho i mostly play in solo que and focus parts

this build can be fun its all about keeping yer ac5 to chew out parts after u strip it with the lazers

Uac5 with 2 tons of ammo- to chew out stripped parts or to confuse an enemy to look away
large laser- Poke soften
2 mediums - bread and butter to keep cool

or
i prefer to use my arms for the larges cuz im never really sitting a ridge mostly around the corners and buildings swapiing in between them

2 larges lasers- relaxed longe poke
2 mediums- bread and butter

or

this one is probably my all around build had alot of success with it becuase i can dish out 24 points or 36.5 depending on the timing
1 large laser- poke
1 large pulse- to brawl or strip
2 mediums- to finish

or

2 ppcs - poke chain fire
2 mediums- bread and butter

or

uac20 with 2 tons- 3 tons- suprise!
3 mediums lasers or 3 small lasers or 2 mediums 1 small laser- depends on how much ammo i feel like carrying vs lasers

or
Mostly a splatcat only smaller i prefer to group them into sides for firing left side right side fire
2 srm6
2 srm4
about 3-6 tons respectivly

or

Derpy in solo que, u can still dummy fire them to a location on the ground if u dont have a lock or if someone has ecm and is standing still funny to see.
2 lrm15s
about 3-5 tons ammo depengin on if im carrying ams tag or narc's
or

This one in paticluar has a really high heat threshold and can fire countinously even tho the threshold for heat is at .85 dont let that fool you. I was very surprised on how cool it ran compared to the others. especially in terra therma (O.o)

2 large Pulse lasers
2 medium lasers

on all of my adders i shifted my armor to the front kinda like a catapault since your either all in or poke and since the torso can rotate like crazy try it out i usally leave about 4-6 points in the back and everything else in the front
also i drop some armor in the arms about 4 points in total from each to place the rest in the legs to max those

also i play the adder not like a clan mech i play it more so of the playstyle of an innersphere medium than anything. with lighter armor.

#7 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

Needs more LBX20.

#8 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostLunatech, on 17 September 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Needs more LBX20.

ive been playing with this with 3 CSLs

still think a near point blank shotbshould murdé stuff but it doesnt

#9 Marthe Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

Starting tomorrow, it'll be hard to run this build in pugs. Dire wolves being out for c-bills being the reason.

#10 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

the problem is with the kit fox vs adder. The adder hardly hs any advantage over the kit fox. 1.3t differene between both. Kitfox even can has more Wepaon hardpoints.
And if you "sacrifice" hardpoints for a ECM, the you still have only one hardpoint less than the adder. So basically ther eis hardly a reason to take a adder over a kitfox. Make a non ecm kitfox and you probably still have a better hitboxed adder.

So kit fox is basically a slighly lesser armed Adder but ECM + JJ capable and therefore the better mech with fun in diversity.

even if its not canon, Adder should be able to get ECM as well. It wopuld make it a lot more appealing.

#11 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:24 AM

My choice for the adder at the moment is 4 SSRM6 with four tons of ammo(Flamer is a given).

Pros: - Dish out good damage
- If you get a lock your going to hit them
- Pop up hit em with everything then disappear

Cons: - Short range
- Limited Ammo
- ECM is your worst nightmare

In summery if you take into account your weaknesses and adjust your play accordingly you can do 700+ Damage.
Not bad for mech many see as Inferior

#12 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

I used the ballistic adder to really get used to using the gauss mechanic. Gauss, tons of ammo, and bap for extra sensor range.
Throw on radar derp. and it is a low profile mech that can maneuver to a good firing positions and not draw to much attention to itself.

On some maps, it works really well following near the assaults. The low profile allows it to fire past the big guys. Nothing compares to having a Dire Wolf shield.

#13 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

not very good but I am loving it

U-AC/20 3 tons ammo + 2 MLs

inner changable with LBX20 also.

Edited by Bigbacon, 14 October 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#14 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

Got a Prime yesterday with only stock pods.

2 LPL, TC1, more DHS.

Well...at least it has more armor than a Kitfox...

#15 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Adder is now one of my favorites, all 3 builds I have I quite enjoy especially the 4xSRM+A, SRM4 range 5 and cooldown 5 and tons of ammo.

#16 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

Not-so-angry adder version for those who prefer long range fire support. The ER large lasers are high mounted for shooting over hills and the LRM5s let you fire indirectly as well as being a lower heat option. I prefer chain fire from long range to harass anyone peeking out. In the solo queue this will usually make multiple enemies hide behind cover because reasons. You can cut off the advancing mechs from their fire support by forcing those to duck by plinking them from 1200+m.

ADR-PRIME

You can play ridge sniper and the LRMs give you something to do if you're too injured to show your face.

Here are some screenshots of my latest match results/earnings with this build (non-hero + Premium) - http://imgur.com/a/3hsW5#0

I'll probably try out Laservomit Adder next. Either 2 ER LL + 2 ER ML or 1 ER LL + 3 ER ML whichever is more heat efficient.

ADR-PRIME

Edited by Elizander, 27 October 2014 - 07:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users