• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostThermidorFallen, on 15 September 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3725009

I'd think that would mean Saber wouldn't count but might be worth tweeting him to confirm.

I knew I saw it. I was starting to think I was crazy when I couldn't find it. Looking in the wrong thread.

#22 ThermidorFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

Already been asked on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/...606969220616192

So King Crab for all Overlords! (I'm now going to try and figure out how to embed tweets as I suck with forums)

#23 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

Oki, so now what are the speculations on varents and hardpoints? It' nice that it can 2xAC20 , but other than that it has 1 energy and one missile port.

So it can do the basic 2xGauss+1xErPPC , the 2xAC20 1xERL and ASrm6 , and something like 2xAC10 + 1xErPPC and an ASrm6 , and if it has inflated ballistics on the arms something like 4xAc5 or 4xUAc5 also could work , but sence it has wepons it the 2 arms that might be on a wide torso it's convergance might be troublesome.

So, how do you plan to run yours, and what might be unexpectadly good or bad that you might see coming?

Edited by Nik Reaper, 16 September 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#24 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostNik Reaper, on 16 September 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Oki, so now what are the speculations on varents and hardpoints? It' nice that it can 2xAC20 , but other than that it has 1 energy and one missile port.

So it can do the basic 2xGauss+1xErPPC , the 2xAC20 1xERL and ASrm6 , and something like 2xAC10 + 1xErPPC and an ASrm6 , and if it has inflated ballistics on the arms something like 4xAc5 or 4xUAc5 also could work , but sence it has wepons it the 2 arms that might be on a wide torso it's convergance might be troublesome.

So, how do you plan to run yours, and what might be unexpectadly good or bad that you might see coming?

2 AC20 + PPC + some SRMs

#25 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

concept art or it isn't happenin'

#26 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

It says the King Crab reward is a unique variant, only available here. Does that really mean unique model, or will it really be a unique variant including hardpoints?

#27 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostPrezimonto, on 16 September 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

It says the King Crab reward is a unique variant, only available here. Does that really mean unique model, or will it really be a unique variant including hardpoints?

I imagine it's just the skin and hero bonuses.

Would not say no to having an actual exclusive geometry and hardpoint layout, but I definitely don't expect that much generosity. ^_^

#28 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostPrezimonto, on 16 September 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

It'll be unique geometry and the 30% C-Bill bonus like the Founders, Phoenix and Invasion exclusive variants, but otherwise identical to the stock/default variant.

#29 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

KING CRABS ANNOUNCED BABY! Adonai has been so very good to us ^_^

#30 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

All these posts about King Crab being on other threads and not one link?

#31 Jarvis Lancaster

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Just looked over the requirements for these rewards. now, I don't mean to complain

I bought in for an elite founder and guardian phoenix. I've basically spaced out the money that could easily have gotten me one top-tier reward. looks like i qualify for a centurion and an atlas(unique camo or geometry would be okay) but miss out on the crazy hyped-up king crab.

thank gawd the reward wasn't a catapult, would have been a slap to the face. I can imagine other founders who opted for just the atlas are all going "oh great, another atlas. thanks."

My point here really is, could this reward system have gone by the total dollar amount you've put into the game rather than how much you spent at one time? Like I've said, i've put in enough that could have either gotten me a top tier founders or phoenix, which makes the reward system treat me like I STILL didn't give enough... to the most expensive game i've ever paid into.

I dont mean to complain, but regular paying players like me who just space out their money should receive something. More info on this reward atlas? if it's just another complimentary champion PGI should know I've already sold it.

#32 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostJarvis Lancaster, on 02 October 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

Just looked over the requirements for these rewards. now, I don't mean to complain

I bought in for an elite founder and guardian phoenix. I've basically spaced out the money that could easily have gotten me one top-tier reward. looks like i qualify for a centurion and an atlas(unique camo or geometry would be okay) but miss out on the crazy hyped-up king crab.

thank gawd the reward wasn't a catapult, would have been a slap to the face. I can imagine other founders who opted for just the atlas are all going "oh great, another atlas. thanks."

My point here really is, could this reward system have gone by the total dollar amount you've put into the game rather than how much you spent at one time? Like I've said, i've put in enough that could have either gotten me a top tier founders or phoenix, which makes the reward system treat me like I STILL didn't give enough... to the most expensive game i've ever paid into.

I dont mean to complain, but regular paying players like me who just space out their money should receive something. More info on this reward atlas? if it's just another complimentary champion PGI should know I've already sold it.

Thats kind of a bummer and im in a similar spot (elite founder and 2 Clan mechs) but at least an IS mech pack is coming soon which i hope will impress me enough to go for the King Crab reward (the wave 2 clan pack is meh and only 1 mech out of all 4 interests me so it would be wasted money). Also IS pack should be cheaper, so fingers crossed. :)

#33 Alek Ituin

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

I feel bad for the Founders who can't get the King Crab. We've stuck with this game through all the BS and turmoil, now the seas are calming and the future is lookin damn good (IMO).

Personally, ALL Founders of ANY level should qualify for the unique KGC. Everybody else should have to buy a top-tier package.

#34 Manei Domini Krigg

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

There will be 3 variants (dont know what of them will be 'special') and some ithink will have 2-3 energy slots so with 325 std (46t free, 57,9 kmh) 2*Gauss(15t+15t+6t ammo) + 2*ERLL(10t) = 46t

will have 2-b hands? So 4*AC5(4*8t+9t ammo) + ERLL (5t) = 46t
will be 2 rocket slots? So close cfg 2*AC20 (14t+14t+7t ammo) + 2 SRM6-A (4t+4t+3t ammo) = 46t

But if hands will be like at Centurion - take all the damage from right-left torses, than we can use XL (hope there max engine 360 like a Atlas).

Edited by Krigg, 02 October 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#35 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

I think part of the reason your not hearing too much about it is we are talking about a mech that is not going to be released until almost Christmas and also one that we really don't have much info about. I mean It has only a few variants, mostly almost identical so it is even hard to speculate about how it might be built in game especially when it seems likely PGI will have to take artistic license and "Make Up" a few configs to fill out the three unique variants rule. Also there is the fact we don't have any build tools like Smurfy's to link in and debate about Configs.

Honestly we are also not hearing alot about the Clan Wave 2 mech either I think for the same reason. It is just hard to get excited about something only available far into the future.

#36 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostKrigg, on 02 October 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

There will be 3 variants (dont know what of them will be 'special') and some ithink will have 2-3 energy slots so with 325 std (46t free, 57,9 kmh) 2*Gauss(15t+15t+6t ammo) + 2*ERLL(10t) = 46t

will have 2-b hands? So 4*AC5(4*8t+9t ammo) + ERLL (5t) = 46t
will be 2 rocket slots? So close cfg 2*AC20 (14t+14t+7t ammo) + 2 SRM6-A (4t+4t+3t ammo) = 46t

But if hands will be like at Centurion - take all the damage from right-left torses, than we can use XL (hope there max engine 360 like a Atlas).

2 B hands? does that mean we can slap 4 ac 10 in it?

I heard you have a clan problem?
Don't Worry
Be Crabby

#37 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostJarvis Lancaster, on 02 October 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

It's not just money spent, but PRE-ORDERS at the max. So basically people who spent money before the mechs came out, or the game itself.

That's why it's a reward. Otherwise you got your money's worth.

#38 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 18 October 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

It's not just money spent, but PRE-ORDERS at the max. So basically people who spent money before the mechs came out, or the game itself.

That's why it's a reward. Otherwise you got your money's worth.

He did spend money on the PRE-ORDERS though. He actually spent $120 on those which is $40 more than Overlord which at the time it was available made no mention of a King Crab coming later. Why is his pre-order money less important than a Overlord who could have spent less in the game than him in pre-orders and overall, and at a later time? And in another thread there was a guy who also spent $120 on founders and phoenix but also something like $120 on Clan wave 1 but he doesn't get the King Crab either. Money spent is a much better system, or if people want to stick to this whole pre-order thing then at least let the pre-order guys that spent more than Overlord in pre-orders get it.

#39 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

It really should have been money spent. For instance, there are people who have purchased 25k MC multiple times, and they deserve more than just the single Centurion that someone just snuck in with a 1,250 MC buy to qualify for it.

It should be about all the people who have been keeping the game alive, and not just those who bought mech packages.

Edited by Kevjack, 18 October 2014 - 06:16 PM.

#40 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

Zombie thread is undead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users