Anyway To Get Maddog Without Buying Mask Pack?

95 replies to this topic

#21 Lefty Lucy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 15 September 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Might end up being like a pos summoner . Might not even be worth paying cbills for :)

I can pretty much guarantee this. Only 60 tons, same speed as a Timber, no endo, pretty much relegates it to the garbage heap unless it just has godly hitboxes, but IMO the Timber's hit boxes are pretty close to perfect as it is.

#22 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 15 September 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

I can pretty much guarantee this. Only 60 tons, same speed as a Timber, no endo, pretty much relegates it to the garbage heap unless it just has godly hitboxes, but IMO the Timber's hit boxes are pretty close to perfect as it is.

Because 4E/6M (Alt.A side torsos w/Prime arms) is just completely unusable, eh? Nope, no chance in the Capellan Confederation that anyone could do anything with that set-up, no sir.

[/sarcasm]

#23 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 15 September 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

But its so pretty....

#24 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 September 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

https://twitter.com/...648079611953153

sadly, no the Invasion version

Glad you posted that Bishop. I am happy now because it sounds like they are going to go Ala Carte with everything but the Mad Dog. That being the case, I am warming up my wallet for the Hellbringer. 65 ton heavy with 28.5 tons of pod space and ECM, hell yeah (though I will have to brace myself for the inevitable ECM nerf that will come from their being a 65 ton heavy mech with ECM in game)

Still as long as ECM ends up somewhat ok after the inevitable nerfs, the Hellbringer will end up being my goto Clan Heavy.

View Post1453 R, on 15 September 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Because 4E/6M (Alt.A side torsos w/Prime arms) is just completely unusable, eh? Nope, no chance in the Capellan Confederation that anyone could do anything with that set-up, no sir.

[/sarcasm]

4 C-ER ML
3 SRM6+Artemis
3 Streak SRM 6

should be interesting.

#25 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

If people think there is to many LRM's right now just wait tell everyone has Mad Dog's lmao.

Bring it on is my response.

#26 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 15 September 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Glad you posted that Bishop. I am happy now because it sounds like they are going to go Ala Carte with everything but the Mad Dog. That being the case, I am warming up my wallet for the Hellbringer. 65 ton heavy with 28.5 tons of pod space and ECM, hell yeah (though I will have to brace myself for the inevitable ECM nerf that will come from their being a 65 ton heavy mech with ECM in game)

Still as long as ECM ends up somewhat ok after the inevitable nerfs, the Hellbringer will end up being my goto Clan Heavy.

i want the Loki bad enough, i don't care if it has ECM or not. Loki and Masakari were always my two faves, and now they're here.... its like freaking christmas.

#27 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

P2MADDOG

#28 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

PGI gives away gobs of free stuff and on top of that rewards its top supporters for their spending.

...some whiney greedbag wants it all without spending.

*sigh* Slap your economics teacher.

Edited by Hillslam, 15 September 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#29 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 15 September 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

4 C-ER ML
3 SRM6+Artemis
3 Streak SRM 6

should be interesting.

Screw that noise. Full-out SplatDog. 6x C-SRM-6 with ALL TEH AMMOZ, at least eight tons, those four C-ERML, and as many heat sinks as I can stuff in around all of that. To Gehenna with Artemis. Turn corners, melt Dire Whales. Sprint around the battlefield at ninety klicks and deliver face-breaking missile ******* like all my enemies are middle-aged lonely housewives and I'm the goddamned Milkman.

Got Milk, ladies?!

... :P

Edited by 1453 R, 15 September 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#30 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

Here is a helpful visual aid to what 1452 R is talking about:

http://youtu.be/BWAct9PZ2fA

Edited by Hillslam, 15 September 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#31 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

I think they added the Mad Dog through this manner to specifically avoid the problems we're seeing with everyone and their brother (me included) who picked up a Timberwolf ala-carte. I bet the made serious cash, but now I'd guess the TW accounts for over 1/2 the heavies in most matches, which exacerbates the balance issues around the mech.

#32 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

You mean 1/2 of ALL the mechs in a match

#33 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostHillslam, on 15 September 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

You mean 1/2 of ALL the mechs in a match

UNPOSSIBLE!

#34 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostHillslam, on 15 September 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

PGI gives away gobs of free stuff and on top of that rewards its top supporters for their spending.

...some whiney greedbag wants it all without spending.

*sigh* Slap your economics teacher.

I have no problem with PGI giving stuff to players who have money to spend. I just think that limiting the invasion version of one of the most popular mechs to those players is unfair to others who don't have that kind of money but still want that particular mech.

#35 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

If it follows current trends any a la carte mechs will be the invasion, 30% CB versions.

Russ did say that the Mad Dog will be available a la carte eventually.

#36 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostWolfways, on 15 September 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

I have no problem with PGI giving stuff to players who have money to spend. I just think that limiting the invasion version of one of the most popular mechs to those players is unfair to others who don't have that kind of money but still want that particular mech.

A valid complaint, and one I can sympathize with. However, given the general pool of 'Mechs involved...someone, somewhere was going to miss the Invasion variant of their favorite, unless the Ultimate Prize Clan 'Mech was something just completely worthless they dragged out of a backwoods Brian Cache somewhere and not worth having at all. Which...really wouldn't be fair either, would it?

:unsure:

#37 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

View Post1453 R, on 15 September 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

A valid complaint, and one I can sympathize with. However, given the general pool of 'Mechs involved...someone, somewhere was going to miss the Invasion variant of their favorite, unless the Ultimate Prize Clan 'Mech was something just completely worthless they dragged out of a backwoods Brian Cache somewhere and not worth having at all. Which...really wouldn't be fair either, would it?

:unsure:

Well yes, but it didn't have to be a mech at all...or it could be a gold mech, or something else.

#38 D R E A D N A U G H T

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that the only way to get the 30% cbill bonus Vulture is to spend a gob of money. I have fond memories of the Vulture being my favorite mech in MW2. Sure, it didn't have the flexibility or stopping power that the Timber had, but it's design just smacked me in the heart.

Alex has done a fine job of re-imagining these beautiful machines, and I was really hoping to be able to get one of these sooner than later via a-la-cart. Or heck, why not have a pack where you can pick the 4 mechs you want.....mix and match, and then if you spent the money on the huge packs you could get a 5th mech thrown in after you selected the 4 you want.

I have spent what I can on this game, but I just can't justify the top tier packs for one mech with all the goodies. I'd rather just wait, but it's going to hurt seeing those on the field and being unable to pilot one myself. Maybe in the spirit of the last week or so with IGP gone, and Russ being much more open with us and hearing our feedback, one could hope against hope, that a way will come about for the rest of less financially well off folks to get our hands on one of these too. I won't hold my breath, but I'll sure try to stay positive about it maybe becoming a reality.

And almost forgot, the last mech a-la-cart that I purchased still came in at $55.00 instead of the $50.00 I think it should have been after my first a-la-cart purchase.....anyone else notice this?

Edited by Dread Naught, 15 September 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#39 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostDread Naught, on 15 September 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

And almost forgot, the last mech a-la-cart that I purchased still came in at $55.00 instead of the $50.00 I think it should have been after my first a-la-cart purchase.....anyone else notice this?

You only get the discount if you buy subsequent a la carte mechs in the same order. If you bought then separate in time, even minutes later it'd be $55 each.

#40 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

Playing devil's advocate here (because I'm not buying this pack thingamajig):

What part of PAYING for things is confusing here? You buy something you get something. You don't buy it, you don't get it. You spend more you get more.

FAIR? How about getting alot of game content for FREE thanks to those who spend alot of money on this game?

Is it fair they have more money to spend? I can't answer that question. Talk to the universe.

Is it fair that alot of people get to have a metric long ton of content for free without paying for a thing? I can't answer that either.

Is it fair that by spending more a customer receives more goods in return? YES!!! That's kind of the definition of fair.

We are apparently now generations deep into a new culture of entitlement. Which sort of makes old guys like me sick.

Edited by Hillslam, 15 September 2014 - 06:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users