Anyway To Get Maddog Without Buying Mask Pack?

95 replies to this topic

#41 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

Im pretty sure they had this backwards, the Mad Dog should've been in the first wave with Timby being the "special" reward to those loyal Clan purchasers. Too late now.....

#42 D R E A D N A U G H T

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

Thank you for this response. I didn't know that, but I apparently missed this somewhere.

View PostNauht, on 15 September 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

You only get the discount if you buy subsequent a la carte mechs in the same order. If you bought then separate in time, even minutes later it'd be $55 each.

View PostHillslam, on 15 September 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Playing devil's advocate here (because I'm not buying this pack thingamajig):

What part of PAYING for things is confusing here? You buy something you get something. You don't buy it, you don't get it. You spend more you get more.

FAIR? How about getting alot of game content for FREE thanks to those who spend alot of money on this game?

Is it fair they have more money to spend? I can't answer that question. Talk to the universe.

Is it fair that alot of people get to have a metric long ton of content for free without paying for a thing? I can't answer that either.

Is it fair that by spending more a customer receives more goods in return? YES!!! That's kind of the definition of fair.

We are apparently now generations deep into a new culture of entitlement. Which sort of makes old guys like me sick.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I don't think any of us are asking for something unreasonable. And those of us that want a Vulture aren't saying..."Hand it over for free." I think a lot of us are saying "Hey, PGI, now that you've turned a new leaf, could you help us out by letting us PAY YOU for an item we'd like to have."

Like you, I was a founder, I have paid for clan mechs, I have bought MC, I have bought premium time. Many of us have. Your post makes it sound as if you consider everyone who asks PGI to reconsider, a dead beat. I have a mortgage, bills, I work a full time job. I am paying my own way through school. I haven't ever asked anyone for a hand out, only a hand up. So no I don't consider myself entitled. Just my $.02.

Edited by Dread Naught, 15 September 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#43 Valkyrie Vewas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPhx Az

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

I just want to be able to buy what I want. And not 360 dollars or whatever rebuying what I already have. Note I have been buying all of these packs since founders. I want to be able to buy a mech I love, and get the special version. I shouldnt be messed over for not buying the biggest pack on top of already buying a 4 mech a la carte packs!

#44 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

View Post1453 R, on 15 September 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Screw that noise. Full-out SplatDog. 6x C-SRM-6 with ALL TEH AMMOZ, at least eight tons, those four C-ERML, and as many heat sinks as I can stuff in around all of that. To Gehenna with Artemis. Turn corners, melt Dire Whales. Sprint around the battlefield at ninety klicks and deliver face-breaking missile ******* like all my enemies are middle-aged lonely housewives and I'm the goddamned Milkman.

Got Milk, ladies?!

... :P

Your honeyed words are loosening the drawstrings on my man-purse, sir.

#45 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostValkyrie Vewas, on 15 September 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

All I want is the Maddog. Is there a way you can make it so anyone that bought something in the clan wave 1 i.e a lower package or La Carte be at least able to buy the 2nd wave and get the maddog.

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 September 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Although we had intended to open Wave 2 for sale today, we needed more time to ensure the quality of the Wave 2 web page which includes upgrade paths to past a la carte customers.

It looks like they are working on a upgrade for you A La Carte supporters. However, the Invasion Maddog is a top tier bonus, so expect to pay out the roof for it. Rest assured though, you will be able to a non-Invasion Maddog for MC or C-bills eventually.

#46 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hmmm ... might be interested in an Invasion Mad Dog if there was an a la carte option.

#47 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

Is the Vulture special? Yes. Is it quite a good 'Mech? Hopefully. Is it highly desired by a lot of Clan players? Oh yes. Are the rest of us going to get it later on anyway, for free? Of course.

For crying out loud, let them have something special. Makes it more unique, and interesting to encounter for awhile. I'll never understand why people are so... greedy, I suppose. Money has nothing to do with it.

#48 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:24 PM

I want the top tier bonus but I don't want to pay top tier for it. I want the top tier bonus to be something you don't have to pay top tier for. Thereby making it not top tier at all. I don't want the top tier bonus to be anything I'm interested in, because other customers paying top tier spends do not deserve to buy something that I cannot, by spending less, buy as well.

I too have a mortgage, kids, family, etc.

Also, I'd like a Lamborghini, but I only want to pay a Chevy price for one. Why should I not get to buy a Lamborghini just because I can't afford it? Lamborghini should feel bad for pricing their product how they choose. I want the Lamborghini, but I don't want the Chevy, so I should only have to pay Chevy price for the Lamborghini. Its all I ask.

Maybe if I want just it MORE can I have it? By wanting it MOOOOOORE does that entitle me to a discount? Because if that's how it works I can use this all through life: I want something MORE... so the other guy, the people selling it, should come to me. I should not have to strive/work more/save more to afford it. Or do without because I cannot afford it. No. Because I want it ALOT therefore I should be given the opportunity to have it. At my price. Because of the "I want it alot" logic.

Maybe if I roleplay, then I am entitled to it. Because roleplaying demonstrates wanting it MORE. I gained my snarfblat blood dohickey nickname whatchamajig wearing purple pants and playing with this thing I want more alot when I was a child. Or just younger. so THAT entitles me to getting. Because .... bah I give up.
....yeah, I can just go on typing that and typing that and it doesn't get any more right.

Edited by Hillslam, 15 September 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#49 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

View PostWolfways, on 15 September 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

I have no problem with PGI giving stuff to players who have money to spend. I just think that limiting the invasion version of one of the most popular mechs to those players is unfair to others who don't have that kind of money but still want that particular mech.

You can still get that `Mech, just not the invasion version. There is nothing making it some uber "P2W!!!!" chassis, all it gets is the same paint job as the other wave 2 invasions (and if the current schemes are an indication it will suck that way) and the C-Bill boost.

#50 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostHillslam, on 15 September 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

I want the top tier bonus but I don't want to pay top tier for it. I want the top tier bonus to be something you don't have to pay top tier for. Thereby making it not top tier at all. I don't want the top tier bonus to be anything I'm interested in, because other customers paying top tier spends do not deserve to buy something that I cannot, by spending less, buy as well.

I too have a mortgage, kids, family, etc.

Also, I'd like a Lamborghini, but I only want to pay a Chevy price for one. Why should I not get to buy a Lamborghini just because I can't afford it? Lamborghini should feel bad for pricing their product how they choose. I want the Lamborghini, but I don't want the Chevy, so I should only have to pay Chevy price for the Lamborghini. Its all I ask.

Maybe if I want just it MORE can I have it? By wanting it MOOOOOORE does that entitle me to a discount? Because if that's how it works I can use this all through life: I want something MORE... so the other guy, the people selling it, should come to me. I should not have to strive/work more/save more to afford it. Or do without because I cannot afford it. No. Because I want it ALOT therefore I should be given the opportunity to have it. At my price. Because of the "I want it alot" logic.

Maybe if I roleplay, then I am entitled to it. Because roleplaying demonstrates wanting it MORE. I gained my snarfblat blood dohickey nickname whatchamajig wearing purple pants and playing with this thing I want more alot when I was a child. Or just younger. so THAT entitles me to getting. Because .... bah I give up.
....yeah, I can just go on typing that and typing that and it doesn't get any more right.

just want to say i just about snorted yogurt out my nose reading this, and i 100% agree.

#51 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

well, i was really really thinking about getting the Vulture a la carte when i heard of a second clan package... that would have been the ONLY one that really made me think about pushing out the money worth the beta version of elite dangerous...

now it looks like that i will still be one of those guys who don´t purchase any clan preorders... i know, pgi couldn´t care less, just saying :)

the money goes to Frontier Developments then, i´ll enjoy my C-Bill Mad Dog ... :)

(plus the Atlas and Centurion on 2 accounts, thanks for that anyway... )

#52 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostHillslam, on 15 September 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

You sir, are an idiot. Re-read the crap you type and honestly tell me if you think you are not coming off like a Muppet. You have also misinterpreted or misunderstood everyone's reasons for objecting to the Mad Dog deal, instead throwing the 'entitlement' phrase around like it makes any sense. So just stop typing, because nothing you say is right at all.

#53 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

i am ok with this. I goit my timber a la carte because i could and it was a very good deal... Had it not been a la catre i would have bought it for MC later. I will pick up the doggie for MC (they are the only clan mechs i plan on getting. one for nostalgia and one for it´s looks)

Would i like more free stuff.. Of course but i am very happy with what i will be getting and since they do not lock anything of real value away (yes the cbill boost is nice but it is a perk, it does not make the mech better per se.).

I can understand that some people are disapointed as the Doggie was the frontrunner to be included in the new pack and people proably hoped to be able to snag it for cheaps. Now this is noit happening and some a bound to feel disappointed but i see it as a way to create value for the people who really invested. .

#54 Barakus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:40 PM

I am very exited about all the free stuff and I am not asking for anything else for free.

I will pay $ today for the Mad Dog a la carte or I will buy it for c bills later.

This is from a person who spends good money on video games. Actually quite a lot.

#55 Valkyrie Vewas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPhx Az

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 15 September 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Is the Vulture special? Yes. Is it quite a good 'Mech? Hopefully. Is it highly desired by a lot of Clan players? Oh yes. Are the rest of us going to get it later on anyway, for free? Of course.

For crying out loud, let them have something special. Makes it more unique, and interesting to encounter for awhile. I'll never understand why people are so... greedy, I suppose. Money has nothing to do with it.
. Ahhhh I'm poor as ****. That is just my fav mech in game, it really isn't a mech game until I get to play my fab mech you know. Even if they made it alot via la carte that's all I want. I would trade in my copy of destiny to get it

#56 Yziel

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:37 AM

I just want to be able to buy my favourite mech without spending $180 on stuff I don't want... Is that really so wierd?

#57 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:59 AM

View PostValkyrie Vewas, on 15 September 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

. Ahhhh I'm poor as ****. That is just my fav mech in game, it really isn't a mech game until I get to play my fab mech you know. Even if they made it alot via la carte that's all I want. I would trade in my copy of destiny to get it

View PostYziel, on 16 September 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

I just want to be able to buy my favourite mech without spending $180 on stuff I don't want... Is that really so wierd?

But you will be able to get the Mad Dog. December 16, 2014 for Mech Credits and January 20, 2014 for C-Bills, so in the end you get to buy it for cheaper and only have to wait just over two months for it to come out.

#58 Yziel

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:10 AM

But I can't get the special one that way and since it's my favourite mech that's really frustrating

I don't get why they can't let the people who go for Masakari + Man-O-War have it for free and let the rest of us buy it for $55 :(

#59 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:16 AM

As I've already stated - if they go with current practice an a la carte Mad Dog will be the Invasion version + normal variants.

Every single a la carte mech is like that and I'd say the TW is by far more popular than the Mad Dog.

#60 Yziel

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:32 AM

Yes but it's already been stated that Mad Dog/Vulture will not be available for a la carte

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users