Anyway To Get Maddog Without Buying Mask Pack?

95 replies to this topic

#81 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

What I read turned in this, in my head.

#82 yalk

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostYziel, on 16 September 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Well to be honest I think it's a fairly stupid system, I get fancy unique paintjobs, additional free mechs, limited time offers stuff and cool cockpit items but locking a mech in at an effective price tag of $360 is really lame. Not only does it seem incredibly unfair to those of us who can't plonk down that type of money on a game it loses them quite a decent chunk of cash I'd bet. I'm willing to pay a "reasonable" amount of money for it like $55 like all of the others cost but now I'll just not end up buying anything from Wave 2 the way it's looking right now because to get the mech I want I have to pay for all the others.

Literally this

Make Gold MadDog with 35% Cbill boost

Now offer invasion Mad Dog for $65 alá cart

Basically, what would it take to make the loyalty bonus mad dog awesomer for the price of $320 that will allow the regular boring plain old 30% Cbill boost mad dog to be sold to the rest of us...?

Gold paint?
35% Cbill boost?
40%?

Let the big spenders have something super awesome, but I'd like to give you money for the regular awesome, but only the Mad Dog...if I loved the others in wave two then, maybe, but....not buying mechs I'll never play for 1...

Edited by yalk, 16 September 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#83 Logan Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 143 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostOzric, on 16 September 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

Would I be so annoyed if they had chosen the Hellbringer as the reward mech? Probably not. Would I still have taken it personally if the King Crab had been the mech I had been waiting for all this time and the hero version was out of my reach? Maybe, and this is the other problem. We all love this game, and there are things about the franchise that we are all attached to. I've been here from the start and consider myself pretty adaptable when it comes to the slings and arrows of MWO/PGI/IGP, but this one was always going to get under my skin. That's my mech. I can't have it.

If they would have put the Mad Dog in the Wave 2 Pack and given the Hellbringer as the reward, the outcry would be 100 times what it is now. We would have all the naysayers crying about p2w and how only the rich are getting the first and only heavy with ecm, and this will break the game and blah blah blah... as it is, we only have people crying about how they cant get their favorite mech without paying what the others have, who are actually getting it. Either pay to get it early, or don't pay and get it a little later. It's not really that big of a deal and it is a pretty black and white decision. It even sounds like they will be making concessions so that people can upgrade from their ala carte packs to get it if they so choose...

#84 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

View Postyalk, on 16 September 2014 - 06:05 AM, said:

Literally this

Make Gold MadDog with 35% Cbill boost

Now offer invasion Mad Dog for $65 alá cart

Basically, what would it take to make the loyalty bonus mad dog awesomer for the price of $320 that will allow the regular boring plain old 30% Cbill boost mad dog to be sold to the rest of us...?

Gold paint?
35% Cbill boost?
40%?

Let the big spenders have something super awesome, but I'd like to give you money for the regular awesome, but only the Mad Dog...if I loved the others in wave two then, maybe, but....not buying mechs I'll never play for 1...

Gold mechs were the same as the invasion mechs except in color (and since they;re unsellable and the prime variants, folks who got them got 2 prime variants of that mech they can't sell).

#85 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostLogan Pryde, on 16 September 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

If they would have put the Mad Dog in the Wave 2 Pack and given the Hellbringer as the reward, the outcry would be 100 times what it is now. We would have all the naysayers crying about p2w and how only the rich are getting the first and only heavy with ecm, and this will break the game and blah blah blah... as it is, we only have people crying about how they cant get their favorite mech without paying what the others have, who are actually getting it. Either pay to get it early, or don't pay and get it a little later. It's not really that big of a deal and it is a pretty black and white decision. It even sounds like they will be making concessions so that people can upgrade from their ala carte packs to get it if they so choose...

Presumably you didn't read the rest of my post. You kind of missed the point.

But you are probably right about the cries of P2W if the Hellbringer had been the reward mech (only as P2W as any of the pre-order chassis of course, in this case four months), but that would make it even more of a reward wouldn't it? And you right it is pretty black or white, £370 for the hero Mad Dog, or not.

#86 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

If PGI put out the Vulture a la carte Id pick one up. Will I pay MC for the 3 chassis, probably not, even with the 15% sale. Id probably wait and pick up 2 for c-bills and then use the trial version to elite. When the Hero version comes out and if the Vulture is a viable alternative to the Timberwolf Id pick it up then.

It all depends on PGI. If they want my money the purchase has to be tailored to me. I can always find things to spend my money and time on.

#87 yalk

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostBront, on 16 September 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

Gold mechs were the same as the invasion mechs except in color (and since they;re unsellable and the prime variants, folks who got them got 2 prime variants of that mech they can't sell).

Neat, not my point

What can be added to the bonus MadDog to keep it special as a bonus item that would allow the invasion 30% boost one to be sold to the rest of us

Special paint (Gold, has all colors unlocked just for it), 40% Cbill boost etc etc etc

Cause otherwise I'll just get the Cbill version...which is fine, whatever

#88 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

View Postyalk, on 16 September 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

Neat, not my point

What can be added to the bonus MadDog to keep it special as a bonus item that would allow the invasion 30% boost one to be sold to the rest of us

Special paint (Gold, has all colors unlocked just for it), 40% Cbill boost etc etc etc

Cause otherwise I'll just get the Cbill version...which is fine, whatever

The 30% bonus is mostly what makes it special, so not likely to happen. You'll have to live with the CBill version like the rest of us (I haven't touched the clan packs myself).

#89 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

30% c-bill bonus, unique paint job, and even unique geometry (hit-boxes) and that's not special enough?

#90 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 16 September 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

30% c-bill bonus, unique paint job, and even unique geometry (hit-boxes) and that's not special enough?

No of course not, it's just an (I) variant.

#91 D R E A D N A U G H T

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

This. It's just an (I) variant. All other (I) Variants have been available via a-la-cart, so is it so weird that a lot of us were hoping for the same here? I don't think it is seeing as how the previous release went with wave 1.

View PostOzric, on 16 September 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

No of course not, it's just an (I) variant.

#92 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostYziel, on 16 September 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...lity-clarified/

I could be misunderstanding things of course.

Missed that, either way still not sure on the uproar about waiting a bit of time for it.

#93 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 16 September 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Missed that, either way still not sure on the uproar about waiting a bit of time for it.

Folks want a Herotized Mad Dog. It was always expected that the Mad Dog, when it became available, would end up a'la carte-able like everything else was. Being told to wait your turn for the stripped-down standard version like a good little boy really stings, especially when you're completely willing to fork over cash for that thing you want but you're not allowed to.

'Course, blaming the people who have bought all the Clan stuff is a damn silly way of going about it. We didn't make the decision, it's hardly our fault. Also no, you can't just switch the bonus Mad Dog to a Gold version and then a'la carte the Invasion version. Talk about your cheesing off the folks who bought Gold Khan 'Mechs. It's effectively paying zero dollars for a Gold Khan 'Mech, as opposed to the 260-dollar premium Gold Khan folks forked over for their shiny.

Unfortunately folks, you're just going to have to suck it up. Hellslinger and Sparky prove that there'll be an actual Hero-type Mad Dog available eventually. And realistically? I'm totally okay with getting a present for having poured money into this game by the barrelful. It sucks that there's no good options for people who can't do that, but it also feels pretty damn nice to be recognized and rewarded for being a guy that did by the guys who benefited from it.

Or, TL;DR: PGI's high-dollar frequent supporters do, in fact, deserve the occasional tip o' the hat and special freebie for vomiting up their dollars. I feel bad that it had to be some folks' favorites, but I ain't putting up with crap over getting it, either.

#94 kotya

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Odesa

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:43 AM

I wonder, what kind af nasty ideas wiil we get for waves 3-4-5?

"Dear friends, we give you golden Annihilator with ECM. BUT only if you will pay for all top sets starting from founders pack..."

I really start to like what PGI is doing now.
The normal FPS, much less bugs, many mechs, new maps upcoming.
Lots of good news.
But nothing will make them not hungry for our money!

I am happy I didn't spent more than 100 USD yet.
Because game is developing, and it is not worth getting ALL STUFF.
IMHO.

So let's donate wisely.

Edited by kotya, 17 September 2014 - 02:44 AM.

#95 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:22 AM

View Post1453 R, on 16 September 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Folks want a Herotized Mad Dog. It was always expected that the Mad Dog, when it became available, would end up a'la carte-able like everything else was. Being told to wait your turn for the stripped-down standard version like a good little boy really stings, especially when you're completely willing to fork over cash for that thing you want but you're not allowed to.

'Course, blaming the people who have bought all the Clan stuff is a damn silly way of going about it. We didn't make the decision, it's hardly our fault. Also no, you can't just switch the bonus Mad Dog to a Gold version and then a'la carte the Invasion version. Talk about your cheesing off the folks who bought Gold Khan 'Mechs. It's effectively paying zero dollars for a Gold Khan 'Mech, as opposed to the 260-dollar premium Gold Khan folks forked over for their shiny.

Unfortunately folks, you're just going to have to suck it up. Hellslinger and Sparky prove that there'll be an actual Hero-type Mad Dog available eventually. And realistically? I'm totally okay with getting a present for having poured money into this game by the barrelful. It sucks that there's no good options for people who can't do that, but it also feels pretty damn nice to be recognized and rewarded for being a guy that did by the guys who benefited from it.

Or, TL;DR: PGI's high-dollar frequent supporters do, in fact, deserve the occasional tip o' the hat and special freebie for vomiting up their dollars. I feel bad that it had to be some folks' favorites, but I ain't putting up with crap over getting it, either.

I agree with 99% of this with the exception of the first paragraph.

People were not willing to pay. The reason I say this is, if they were then they would have bought the top packs even though they did not want some of the `Mechs and they are again not willing to pay hence the uproar we are seeing. Everyone has the choice to buy the top shiny or not, as you said those of us that did get recognized, unfortunately those that did not want to or couldn't buy top get left out in one of the rewards. It is a choice that has to be made and you've said what I have about the giving the gold `Mech as a reward. It is a slippery slope and where does it stop? when all (F)(I)(P) and Hero `Mechs have 100% C-Bill bonus? Everything is gold?

#96 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:21 AM

Maybe a Gold Mech would be a step too far, the real ones are a lot more expensive.

How about a Platinum Mech? ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users