Invasion Maddog Availability Clarified

64 replies to this topic

#21 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostLord Perversor, on 16 September 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

Quoting Russ

thanks original posts i saw didnt clarify i didnt see the post by russ.

#22 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostSandpit, on 16 September 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

you can still get the other stuff though :)

Heck, if you can, buy enough MC for a mech bay and get that stuff as well.

What stuff?

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostWolfways, on 16 September 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

What stuff?

MC award is the CN9-AH. For any purchase of MC. Even 6.95 USD worth, which nets you 4 mechbays, or 8 if you buy them this weekend since they are 50% off.

You should already be getting the 2 million cbills, cockpit item, cupcake and such (as long as you have 100 matches in the last year?), plus another free mechbay.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 16 September 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#24 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 September 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

MC award is the CN9-AH. For any purchase of MC. Even 6.95 USD worth, which nets you 4 mechbays, or 8 if you buy them this weekend since they are 50% off.

You should already be getting the 2 million cbills, cockpit item, cupcake and such (as long as you have 100 matches in the last year?), plus another free mechbay.

Oh yeah, i do appreciate getting free stuff. Not that I'll use the CN9-AH...IS rubbish :P

How do you know how many matches you've had? Is that when the stat reset was? I know i much have well over 100 matches but my wife isn't sure about her account.

#25 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostZolaz, on 16 September 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

The Vulture should under perform the Timberwolf in every way except for the big boxy ears. Except for the Alpha variant which runs 6 missile hard points. Cool Down reduction and Extended Range Modules with Streak 6s or SRM6s should be pretty nice for a brawler.

Vulture under performing compared with the Mad cat..

Speed - equal 81 kph 89 at elited
Loadouts - Vulture beat down the Mad cat more missiles same energy hardpoints better ballistics on arms (hi 2x Gauss vulture )
Agility - probably similar 15 tons less for agility advantage on the vulture vs the oversized engine on Mad cat.
Weapon space - Vulture wins by 2-4 tons if i recall still call it a tie due the extra DHS the Mad cat bring on engine.
Shape - Almost equal vulture taking a small advantage due lack of ears.
Resistance - unknow until we test how the hitboxes perform, on theory Mad cat may be better due extra armor but Vulture smaller profile (unless PGI screw it up) may help to even it a bit.

So in the end the vulture a lousy low end Heavy tier mech can withstand even toe to toe on efficiency vs the high end tier Heavy designed to be the ultimate Opness mech.

Edited by Lord Perversor, 16 September 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#26 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostLord Perversor, on 16 September 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Vulture under performing compared with the Mad cat..

Speed - equal 81 kph 89 at elited
Loadouts - Vulture beat down the Mad cat more missiles same energy hardpoints better ballistics on arms (hi 2x Gauss vulture )
Agility - probably similar 15 tons less for agility advantage on the vulture vs the oversized engine on Mad cat.
Weapon space - Vulture wins by 2-4 tons if i recall still call it a tie due the extra DHS the Mad cat bring on engine.
Shape - Almost equal vulture taking a small advantage due lack of ears.
Resistance - unknow until we test how the hitboxes perform, on theory Mad cat may be better due extra armor but Vulture smaller profile (unless PGI screw it up) may help to even it a bit.

So in the end the vulture a lousy low end Heavy tier mech can withstand even toe to toe on efficiency vs the high end tier Heavy designed to be the ultimate Opness mech.

I have no idea where you stand....you contradicted yourself like 4 times in this post?

Which one is lousy? Which one is OP? Which cracks me up people still think Clan mechs are OP after the Nerf hammer swung around in our mechbays for a few weeks. Now sarcasm however doesn't travel well over text....

Edited by DarthRevis, 16 September 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostWolfways, on 16 September 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Oh yeah, i do appreciate getting free stuff. Not that I'll use the CN9-AH...IS rubbish :P

How do you know how many matches you've had? Is that when the stat reset was? I know i much have well over 100 matches but my wife isn't sure about her account.

well, the stat reset was what, 6-8 months ago? So if your stats show more that 100 since then, you are definitely good. Otherwise, it's hard to tell for sure.

#28 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 September 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Now if they offer a "Burning Chrome" version........ oh boy, I might have to get in trouble.

CHROME?!

Drooly drooly drooly. It would have to have chicken lights as well. WOOT!

#29 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Kinda sad...but not super sad about this. I would have paid some money for the Vulture, but not as much as I would have to with this sale. I don't want the Adder, Kit Fox, or Warhawk, so I never bought them. I don't really want them now, and honestly I don't really want the Man-o-war or the Koshi either, but I would have to buy ALL of those things to get the Vulture. That is a whole big pile of money for only one mech that I want. If they allow purchasing individual mechs, I may still get the Loki and Fenris since they interest me, but I'm not paying for five mechs I don't want just to get one that I do.

To me, it feels too much like paying for cable: A hige pile of stuff I'm really not interested in just to get the few things I actually want. I guess the theory is that there is more money to be had from the set of people who will buy a larger package to get the vulture than the set who would buy the vulture solo, or as the top-end of the wave 2 pack. That may be true, but I am not one of those people. I'm willing to pay for the Vulture, but there are too many things I don't want that I would have to pay for to get it. Still, I'm glad it will be coming out at all. It's a pretty cool/iconic mech and obviously a fan favorite.

Edited by Maxx Blue, 16 September 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#30 Bobman

• PipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 September 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

I couldn't help but notice the "for now" in the sentence "We will have a la carte - Mad Dog is not part of it for now."

Would this by chance be some hope for solo buyers?

#31 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 15 September 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Further clarification:

Invasion special edition Mad Dog won't ever be available for C-BIlls.

Standard variants of Mad Dog will be though.

Very good point. It's distinctions like this that cause issues later on.

Well done.

Cheers.

#32 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 September 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

I have no idea where you stand....you contradicted yourself like 4 times in this post?

Which one is lousy? Which one is OP? Which cracks me up people still think Clan mechs are OP after the Nerf hammer swung around in our mechbays for a few weeks. Now sarcasm however doesn't travel well over text....

I was pretty much doing a resume of both mechs comparatively.
Same speeds, and theorically agility vulture get extra weapon tonnage but lacks few extra DHS Mad cat comes with it, vulture have same weapon posibilities (hardpoints wise) or even slighty better. Similar profiles etc..

In fact the biggest difference when comparing Mad cat with Vulture it's Armor total + Structure the size of the Mechs and the Agility (this last one should be pretty similar) so until the Vulture hit the Live server we can't know for sure but on paper they should perform quite equally despite the 15 tons difference.

P.S: i do not claim clan mechs are Op i think they come with a different playstyle to Is mechs at least until both tech starts to merge in the future.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostBobman, on 16 September 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I couldn't help but notice the "for now" in the sentence "We will have a la carte - Mad Dog is not part of it for now."

Would this by chance be some hope for solo buyers?

possible. One could see it as an opening for a change if customer demand merited it, or possibly an A La Carte version AFTER the presale with a different pattern?

#34 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:27 PM

I see a lot of people saying how underpowered the Vulture is going to be
I simply don't care, it's one of my favorite mechs and I'm going to master it fairly quick.
Because I think it's, dare I say...fun?
Sure, I'll be gimping myself but I appreciate the challenge
If you're determined to not enjoy the mech you're not going to enjoy it.
I'm going to enjoy it and play the hell out of it just as I did with my Thor, it was the first clan mech I mastered even while everyone was ******** on it saying how terrible it was, I wasn't running any crazy builds, but the basic builds I had worked very well and I didn't need much else.

Remember how everyone said "X mech will be DOA" and now people are doing just fine with the Kit Fox and such
Can we wait for these to A before we jump the gun?

Edited by Destructicus, 16 September 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#35 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 15 September 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Further clarification:

Invasion special edition Mad Dog won't ever be available for C-BIlls.

Standard variants of Mad Dog will be though.

Sorry but the Invasion SE isnt worth $360 to me. Id have bought it for an ala carte but not for the megatransaction.

Remember how everyone said "X mech will be DOA" and now people are doing just fine with the Kit Fox and such
Can we wait for these to A before we jump the gun?

Picking the mech with ECM probably isnt strengthening the argument

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 16 September 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#36 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 16 September 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Picking the mech with ECM probably isnt strengthening the argument

Actually, nobody knew we were getting the C arm until the PTS
Until then everyone was talking about how it's lack of speed would be the death of it.

#37 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostDestructicus, on 16 September 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Actually, nobody knew we were getting the C arm until the PTS
Until then everyone was talking about how it's lack of speed would be the death of it.

If it wasnt for the ecm it would bwe. Ive never seen one in combat thats not ecm so I wouldnt know how well it does or doesnt work. The only mech lighter than the Warhawk I have experience with is the Nova and that thing dies to CT one shots all the time because its slow

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 16 September 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#38 D R E A D N A U G H T

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

What really gets me is the amount of people that like to throw around the word "entitlement". It seems like the folks that ARE getting the Vulture for free are defending it with blood. They are saying things like "You people that didn't bleed money shouldn't get it, and you're all a bunch of whiners that don't deserve it, and you think you're entitled."

I can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy in these kinds of statements. Many of us aren't asking for a handout. We're simply looking at the (I) invasion variant, and asking ourselves "what makes this so special from the other (I) mechs in wave 1?"

The simple fact stands that all (I) mechs were available a-la-cart. We want to PAY for the vulture in an a-la-cart option. I don't have much interest in buying goods that don't "do it" for me in these larger packs. Many folks are stating that they will just wait until the c-bill version comes out. Fine, this is a totally legit strategy, but lets face it, PGI, and by extension, the community, are hurt by this because guess what?..... People aren't going to buy the vulture when the option to purchase the vulture as a stand alone option doesn't exist. We go down the paths that are presented to us. We're asking for another path to be presented. And, in exchange, there is a monetary reward. Seems to me that the only people "entitled" in this conversation, are the people screaming at us that they deserve it more, and for free, and then turn around and tell us that we don't support this game, or the community, when in fact that couldn't be further from the truth.

Everyone is "entitled" to their opinion on this topic, but a little sanity and logic may go a long way toward keeping things civil.

#39 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostDread Naught, on 16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

What really gets me is the amount of people that like to throw around the word "entitlement". It seems like the folks that ARE getting the Vulture for free are defending it with blood. They are saying things like "You people that didn't bleed money shouldn't get it, and you're all a bunch of whiners that don't deserve it, and you think you're entitled."

I can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy in these kinds of statements. Many of us aren't asking for a handout. We're simply looking at the (I) invasion variant, and asking ourselves "what makes this so special from the other (I) mechs in wave 1?"

The simple fact stands that all (I) mechs were available a-la-cart. We want to PAY for the vulture in an a-la-cart option. I don't have much interest in buying goods that don't "do it" for me in these larger packs. Many folks are stating that they will just wait until the c-bill version comes out. Fine, this is a totally legit strategy, but lets face it, PGI, and by extension, the community, are hurt by this because guess what?..... People aren't going to buy the vulture when the option to purchase the vulture as a stand alone option doesn't exist. We go down the paths that are presented to us. We're asking for another path to be presented. And, in exchange, there is a monetary reward. Seems to me that the only people "entitled" in this conversation, are the people screaming at us that they deserve it more, and for free, and then turn around and tell us that we don't support this game, or the community, when in fact that couldn't be further from the truth.

Everyone is "entitled" to their opinion on this topic, but a little sanity and logic may go a long way toward keeping things civil.

I hate that word getting thrown around like its a swear word at all -.- its become the go-to troll buzzword and has lost all meaning

#40 Lightning Kurita

• PipPip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

At this state i just have to share my opinion.

Ive waited for the vulture since Mwo was released. Because its one of my 2 Favourite Mechs! (The other one is the Marauder)

I think that there should be definetly an alacarte one, because those, who purchased these two packages get it for FREE!!!... I mean thats more then enough isnt it?

Iam not the richest man in the world and cant affort tons of money just to get the dog :) . I spent 110 bucks and probably more in the future with the alacarte option...(This availability is an awesome Idea, for those who want a 30% variant of specific mechs, but are unable to pay much money)

Iam a student now, who doesnt earn any money anymore, so from that point of view im a bit disappointed to see that happen...

I noticed that "...for now" too and hope they will implement an alacarte option for the dog too, maybe a month later or so... i mean 360 Dollar thats 280€...to be honest... thats a lot of money for a student ...at least for me .. and its still a game !

So to ME ... its not quite fair that i have to wait another 4 months ...

well just my opinion :)

Edited by Lightning Kurita, 16 September 2014 - 04:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users