Dropped With A Few Of You Guys

11 replies to this topic

#1 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

I went on my first drop just recently with other Kuritan players on coms. So I have to say it was good to actually to talk to some of you. As you might know my unit the 1st Jorogumo Senshi is currently shutdown until further notice. I want to get into the community a bit more, because sadly I've had little luck on my own. (Getting insults for just trying to recruit isn't exactly the most fun) Got around 10 to 15 members, only two of which stayed. I've tried to find my place in MWO, joining random Merc units and the like, but I want to stay with the DCMS, whilst I have my Kuritan leanings for obvious reasons, I've had very little luck with actually communicating with them. Up until I joined the channel in ComStar. So I have to say, its a bit nicer to actually play with some faction mates.

So to prevent further confusion, I'm just trying to find my place in the House for now. So thank you for talking to me on teamspeak, the matches were a good lot of fun. It may seem I'm indecisive, but you have to figure, I was a solo player since closed beta, not exactly used to the communication aspects of this game! So please understand, Gokoun-o inorimasu

NOTICE

I have since been recruited by Clan Wolf : Golden Keshik's , they're active and what I was looking for in a team. I wish the best of luck to you guys during the CW.

Edited by Koenig Jordahl, 22 September 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#2 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

Recruitment can become a bit aggressive in games like these, to the point where it displaces other discussion and can feel unwelcome by pilots not interested in it - I think it is because of this that we now have a specific recruitment subforum here, too. Personally I would rather see it being done more reactively. However, of course this does not justify any insults. It is always a sad thing to see fellow faction members result to such dishonourable course of action, especially as one should expect Kuritan mentality to be above this.

Either way, it's nice to see the Dragon's warriors sticking together. I hope you'll continue to enjoy your service with the DCMS and fighting alongside fellow samurai!

Ganbatte!

#3 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

Thankful for the response Akashi-sama. Aye, it is a bit disconcerting, but I am hopeful that I can become much more acquainted with my fellow members in the DCMS. I really love mecha and the battletech universe specifically, so I'd really rather stay with this game. Hope to play with you all sometime, arigatou.

#4 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

Sad to hear about the passing of your unit. Don't let people get you down.

#5 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostBlacke, on 16 September 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Sad to hear about the passing of your unit. Don't let people get you down.

Thank you, it is unfortunate. I didn't have much luck in my recruitment so I figured it the best. Maybe in the future I can restart the unit with community warfare approaching. But until then, I'm content in dropping with my fellow members in the DCMS without a unit.

#6 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

Well feel free to come drop with us anytime

#7 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Feel free to drop with the 9th Sword as well. We are always happy to have fellow samurai alongside us!

#8 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

come drop with nights scorn sometime :D though we went merc and were unfortunately forced to lose our kurita tag, we are still kuritan at heart.

#9 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 21 September 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

come drop with nights scorn sometime :D though we went merc and were unfortunately forced to lose our kurita tag, we are still kuritan at heart.

Ok, we can understand if the lore crackdown made you change your name to some made-up crap like all the rest of us had to do, but what could have possibly made you change your faction tag??

#10 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

we are by lore and design a kuritan merc unit. when looking at the options presented by pgi, we decided to stick with being a merc unit as is our history. the problem is that in mwo, even if you are a kuritan merc unit, you arent kuritan, so in game we no longer have our kurita tags. however and thankfully we still keep them on forums. we are kuritan first and foremost, and we will remain as such. i hope in the future russ or someone else on the design team will give a little more variety so we arent strictly pigeon holed into a factionless merc group

Edited by Stealth Raptor, 22 September 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#11 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostArcainite, on 22 September 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Ok, we can understand if the lore crackdown made you change your name to some made-up crap like all the rest of us had to do, but what could have possibly made you change your faction tag??

I was recruited by Golden Keshik's that's why. They were being far more active than others and were what I was looking for in a team.

Edited by Koenig Jordahl, 22 September 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#12 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 22 September 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

i hope in the future russ or someone else on the design team will give a little more variety so we arent strictly pigeon holed into a factionless merc group
Technically speaking, there is only the DCMS, or "factionless mercs" in temporary employ of the Dragon. Some mercenary units - especially those originating in the Combine - may consider it a matter of honour to stick with Kurita, but that does not make them an official, permanent part of it, as the Office of Professional Soldiery Liaison will no doubt establish.

That being said, I can also understand a desire to identify with one's employer, and I am sure a compromise would be possible that maintains the canonical distinction whilst at the same time giving some notion of temporary allegiance. If the identifiers used in the game are "faction logo" + "clan tag", and the DCMS has been assigned the red dragon banner and the [KUR] tag, then perhaps mercenaries aligned with it could get a grey dragon (to signify their current employment - a sort of floating status between neutrality and complete absorption) and their custom tag? Likewise, mercenaries in the employ of the other factions would get a grey fist, a grey sun, etc ...

Just an idea off the top of my head, of course.

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 22 September 2014 - 08:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users