When A Mech Is Rebalanced You Should Be Able To Return It For Its Full Value

15 replies to this topic

#1 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:31 AM

People invest real money or MC or time in form of CB into certain mechs that might get nerfed/changed/balanced into something that they wouldnt have bought initialy over time. If that happens to a mech there should be a 4 week period in which you can give those chassis back for 100% of the original price. If you got the mech over a package you should get its 100% value in MC.

This then allows the customer to atleast exchange the product for another one which he feels more comfortable with.

Hearthstone by blizzard does exactly that whenever they balance some of the game elements (trading cards). I dont know how customer rights work over where you are, but where i come from this process is guaranteed by law for every product as you eigther get exactly what you payed for or you may refund it. So this is something which isn't realy argumentable i think.

Ofc there are alway boarder cases where you i.e. buy a mech that can carry 2 AC20 for that reason and then pgi introduces a mechanic where you can not use 2AC20s simultaniously anymore without changing the actual chassis. I think PGI should show a "good will" mindset here which usualy doest cost that much but instead might even result in profit as the customers get more confident to buy things as they are quite certain they get what they pay for.

I.e. IKEA atm introduced a "you can return everything for full money back in a period of 2 years without reason". So you could get a full new set of stuff every 2 years. Still it must be profitable, even a selling argument. This maybe leaves the topic ...

Edited by MadTulip, 20 September 2014 - 03:37 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:22 AM

EULA laughs at your face. :D

#3 D04S02B04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:29 AM

Contract Law laughs in your face.

If you are unhappy with PGI, you can engage a lawyer and I guarantee you that you will win a lawsuit based on conditions that they did not deliver what they claim to deliver in their original promises etc.

#4 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:34 AM

View PostD04S02B04, on 20 September 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

If you are unhappy with PGI, you can engage a lawyer and I guarantee you that you will win a lawsuit based on conditions that they did not deliver what they claim to deliver in their original promises etc.

You get the mech, that's all that is entailed. No garuntee is made as to it's viability nor that it won't be changed in the future. Buyers Remorse is not sufficient backing for any legal action (not that any court would even entertain this).

Bottom line: While it would be a nice gesture, it's not at all required and you consumer takes on the risk.

This is why I really don't advocate purchasing mechs for real money, especially at the current over-inflated prices.

#5 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:40 AM

I fully agree. The JJ nerf totally destroyed the entire reason I spent 6750 MC on my Heavy Metal, namely because of its great JJ mobility and between the JJ nerf and the agility nerfs, the Dragon Slayer I spent 6000 MC is no where near the mech it was when I bought it. Right now I just don't enjoy playing them so they sit unused taking up a bay slot in hopes that one day PGI decides to un-nerf them. I don't feel I am out of line believing that I should be able to get a full MC refund on them so I could at least re-invest back into Hero mechs I might actually play. Hell JJs were a establish system that hadn't changed since closed beta almost 2 years ago. There was no way in hell anyone could anticipate them them completely revamping a system that worked just fine and no one complained about because of some wild hair up their rears.

As to those who quote the EULA, please shut up. Seriously, just because they can do something, doesn't mean they should do something. When Wargamming massively re-balanced the premium Super Pershing Tank, they did the right thing and offered a buy back which many of us took. That is how you do business, you don't fricken hide behind the EULA just because you can, you make things right for your paying customers.

#6 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

you buy mechs your supporting the game. if you don't want to do that, don't buy anything...

#7 Reitrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

These threads really make me laugh.

#8 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:56 AM

The only thing is worth buying with real money is mechbay.
And Ilya.

edit: I'm very happy with my clan pack 1 and 2, btw. I like the game and I want to support it.

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 20 September 2014 - 05:04 AM.

#9 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

If you are unhappy with PGI, you can engage a lawyer and I guarantee you that you will win a lawsuit based

lol.

Make it a class action lawsuite while you are at it, so more guys can fail simultaneously.

Edited by meteorol, 20 September 2014 - 05:02 AM.

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

Would you really want to play in an environment where PGI had a financial disincentive to fix things? If they were going to effectively lose sales every time they tried to balance the game, it'd be a nightmare.

#11 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:22 AM

Many things in games change after you pay money for them. It is, indeed, all in the EULA. You can't expect to treat something in constant development like a physical product.

Although I agree that certain things have changed drastically that should have been taken up with the players first. I'm hoping that PGI's increased community presence now might bring that about.

#12 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

ya, no. When you buy into the meta super awesome sauce items you don't get to jump ship when the game is tested and needs balancing.

#13 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

no offense dude, but this is what we all hear

"my meta-machine got nerfed, give my back my money so i can buy whatever the next meta-machine is"

#14 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

....contract law...contract as in the end user license"agreement"...where the customer agrees that they (pgi) can change anything about the mech?

#15 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:10 AM

since you can't pay to win, you want money back?

muahahahaha

#16 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

I wish I could refund the time I spent leveling rebalanced mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users