1 reply to this topic

#1 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

Now that you have shed the greedy company that was IGP, please allow us to equip modules onto mechs without having to locate, unequip module, save, locate new mech, re-equip module, save.. I understand it was done this way because it was meant to be tiresome and meant to motivate us to purchase more than one of each module. This made some sense back when there weren't that many modules to buy. But NOW, there are a million and one modules available for purchase. People just are not, and do NOT want, to buy more than one of each module. I'm sure there are more modules coming down the pipe-line as well! So making this change will not decrease module purchases, I guarantee it! To the contrary, it will increase module purchases because this change will kick-in the 'gotta-have-them-all' mentality because now they will be a snap to equip at a moments notice!

The UI should automatically un-equip and re-equip modules for you. You can move this UI a HUGE step forward by simply allowing users to equip modules in two or three key-presses.

Please note! This will also decrease matchmaker wait times dramatically! How you say? Just ask anyone HOW MANY TIMES they've had to wait for someone in group to locate that one stinking module before being able to launch! Think about it PGI, it's a win-win. We get a more intuitive UI and you get a decrease in match-maker wait times and an increase in the available pool of players allowing the MM to make higher quality matching.. and you know matchmaker wait-times and quality match-making are big thorns in your side right now.

#2 Cruxs

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMy parents basment.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 22 September 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

Now that you have shed the greedy company that was IGP, please allow us to equip modules onto mechs without having to locate, unequip module, save, locate new mech, re-equip module, save.. I understand it was done this way because it was meant to be tiresome and meant to motivate us to purchase more than one of each module. This made some sense back when there weren't that many modules to buy. But NOW, there are a million and one modules available for purchase. People just are not, and do NOT want, to buy more than one of each module. I'm sure there are more modules coming down the pipe-line as well! So making this change will not decrease module purchases, I guarantee it! To the contrary, it will increase module purchases because this change will kick-in the 'gotta-have-them-all' mentality because now they will be a snap to equip at a moments notice!

The UI should automatically un-equip and re-equip modules for you. You can move this UI a HUGE step forward by simply allowing users to equip modules in two or three key-presses.

Please note! This will also decrease matchmaker wait times dramatically! How you say? Just ask anyone HOW MANY TIMES they've had to wait for someone in group to locate that one stinking module before being able to launch! Think about it PGI, it's a win-win. We get a more intuitive UI and you get a decrease in match-maker wait times and an increase in the available pool of players allowing the MM to make higher quality matching.. and you know matchmaker wait-times and quality match-making are big thorns in your side right now.

+1, Yes Please, This!

Thank you that is all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users