Hello Pack

18 replies to this topic

#1 Yasuoka

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

Greetings Mechwarriors. I include only Mechwarriors in this meeting, so all aerospace pilots, dropship personnel, tank commanders, elementals, lower caste, and infantry vacate the room.......... THAT MEANS YOU FREEBIRTHS NEXT TO THE DOOR. GET OUT.

Now that the beta wolves have been removed, back to our meeting. My name is Yasuoka, I am a member of the Zeta Galaxy, Black Wolves. I've taken it upon myself, with clearance from myself(couldnt find the galaxy leader and I dont have patience), to speak to you. Over the course of the last few months, playing MWO and enjoying myself much more than I probably should(albeit with more than a little anger some times) I have come to the conclusion that this Clan is missing some things that I would like to rectify, or at least nudge on their way to being rectified. On today's little get together we're gonna go over a little list of etiquette ideas and concerns I see. Bear Growl Wolf with me while I list them.

I have seen some/most of you in-game at one point or another. However, it seems that there are few of you who, when I and my galaxy-mates drop onto the same team with you, are willing to plan together, or even communicate your plan to us for cohesion. Far more often I find that if my unit gets dropped with a Freebirth Inner Sphere unit rather than a Trueborn Wolf Clan Galaxy, we have plans come together. If I were to know what emotion sad was, I am sure I would feel that from this knowledge. As such, I would like to offer an invitation for myself to play with some of your members in-game. Do not misunderstand, I like my galaxy and have no intentions of leaving them. However, to better Wolf inter-clan galaxy coordination, I would like to get to know more of you so that when I drop with my galaxy and we are all placed on the same team we have a better chance of understanding who else is with us. I understand there are those of you who want to keep a closed lid on your particular style of tactics(though they will eventually come out in battle any way) so I assume that we can come to some arrangement where those will not be shared. I also hope that some of you will do this as well with other Galaxys or are at least doing so. Gaming is always better when you know who the randoms you got slotted with are, quiaff?

Next on our ballot is etiquette. Please stop telling other players to watch their mouth in-game. I attempt to tell every person in-game Good Luck Have Fun and Good Game at the beginning and end of every match, respectively. What happpens between the beginning and end however, is me getting worked up and attempting to do the same with others. Yes, I know what the ToC is and states, I know that some of you have pups that play, and I believe we are all aware that the game now has an option for all-chat to be on or off. The bold is in response to the howling you will do about the underlined. Many of us cuss or yell and we will continue doing so for a long time. We enjoy taunting the enemy mid-fight. "Come here you fat ass Dire Whale, let me blow your flubber off some more." is probably one of my favorites. If you or your son or your pastor or your brother dislikes my language or the language of any other combatant, PGI has given you a way to gracefully ignore it. Reprimanding other players for doing so is ignorant of the fact that this is a game played by mostly militaristic-minded adults. The only thing I know of that All-Chat can other wise be used for is GG, GL HF, Recruiting, and giving away the position of a player who decided to power down and wait for death. I do not take one slur from anyone or myself into the next match, and I play fairly(as pgi allows.)

Third and final on my list is this: Do not under any circumstance post on the forums asking for "3 female" anything's. It will only get you ridiculed and I for one will enjoy throwing popcorn.

If you would like to host me or others on your TS and drops for reasons I mentioned above, just leave the TS info, an in-game name to contact, and the times you and your galaxy are usually online down below. I might even bring some players with me(and try not to butcher my name to badly fellas. Spoken just like it's spelt :D)

Yasuoka.

*I am only a gamer of MWO/PGI games, and a member of the Black Wolves, my views do not directly reflect the attitude opinions or blah blah blah of blah blah and you should not take my word as official blah blah something or other blah.*

#2 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFighting the good fight on an undesclosed planet

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:51 AM

Hm, you. You make a lot of sense. I like you. The only issue I see is all the infighting between galaxies makes cooperation difficult. And while I can't speak for the rest of my galaxy I, Torrance of Kappa galaxy, would be delighted to do some drops with you. During the week, I am typically on 6-10pm, central standard USA.

Edited by Torrance, 23 September 2014 - 03:57 AM.

#3 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:05 AM

I agree on the general chat thing. I have not seen personally any Clansman telling others to watch their mouth and i would never do so, however.

Some rivalry between Galaxies makes cooperation a bit difficult indeed, but i am availble to play with other Wolf warriors. We have the Strana Mechty TS hub for this kind of things, and i usually stay parked in our channel there. If you see me online and you want to drop, just send me a message.

P.S. Technically, the lore states that Clansmen and especially warriors rarely curse.. :P

#4 Mako408

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:15 AM

View PostTorrance, on 23 September 2014 - 03:51 AM, said:

Hm, you. You make a lot of sense. I like you. The only issue I see is all the infighting between galaxies makes cooperation difficult. And while I can't speak for the rest of my galaxy I, Torrance of Kappa galaxy, would be delighted to do some drops with you. During the week, I am typically on 6-10pm, central standard USA.

Clan Wolf Kappa The Werewolves Galaxy TS--> cwkg.enjinvoice.com

Everyone is welcome to visit us and do drop with us without any strings attached.

When in The Werewolves TS, please be civil and respect the people in the channels to avoid being kicked and banned from our TS server.

Unlike other Wolf units, we allow our Warriors to drop with anyone they want to drop with.

Mako

#5 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

You may come drop with Delta Galaxy. TS info is 216.127.64.5:3707 pw: cwdg

#6 Yasuoka

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Thank you trothkin. I will see what I can get set up with each of you and will see you in drops soon. I understand that competition between galaxies can be a daunting task to overcome at times, perhaps some how we can change the competition to one of more jubilant attitudes.

#7 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostYasuoka, on 23 September 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Thank you trothkin. I will see what I can get set up with each of you and will see you in drops soon. I understand that competition between galaxies can be a daunting task to overcome at times, perhaps some how we can change the competition to one of more jubilant attitudes.

A friendly competition that drives everyone to excel is welcome, but bitter rivalries that damage the invasion should be avoided at all costs. Thank you, Yasuoka.

#8 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:23 AM

Greetings Yasouka. It was a pleasure doing drops with you last night. I would take no issue in doing it again and give Zeta galaxy my regards. :)

#9 Yasuoka

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

Last night was fun, thank you for having me.

#10 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:57 AM

the division of galaxies will remain, because blood boils where old scars now lie. the kiddies still want to throw their tantrums, so pout in their corners when the other want answer. still wondering which galaxy is out of their diapers yet.

CW will change how people think about their loadouts in relation to the battlefield being fought over. communication will have to be used. BUT, probably wont.

#11 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:27 AM

We're always open for anybody looking to do drops. We have several guest dropships so those with friends or family can all play together. There's no obligation to join, and the dropships are accessible 24/7, so you're more than welcome to drop with us any time you wish with no strings attached.

Regarding the recent drama and rivalries? I don't think any side is innocent in the whole thing. People let anger get to them, old cuts were reopened, and it's clearly obvious nothing good will come of it.

People need to respect other units' differences, and they need to respect other units' rights to promote their own unit. Does it really matter if a unit doesn't work for you? You find another unit that better fits you as a player, and you move on. Simple as that.

I don't even consider today's events as need for damage control. The damage has already been done. I may be wearing my unit's signature, but I'm speaking from the heart as a player who's just trying to enjoy the damn game. The childish behavior needs to stop. I'm here to play MechWarrior. I'm here to play with other like minded "adults." I'm not here to partake in bitter flame-fests and a reliving of my middle school days. I'm better than that. We're better than that. ALL OF YOU are better than that!

Can we please just get back to enjoying the game?

#12 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:28 AM

View PostAresye, on 26 September 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

We're always open for anybody looking to do drops. We have several guest dropships so those with friends or family can all play together. There's no obligation to join, and the dropships are accessible 24/7, so you're more than welcome to drop with us any time you wish with no strings attached.

Regarding the recent drama and rivalries? I don't think any side is innocent in the whole thing. People let anger get to them, old cuts were reopened, and it's clearly obvious nothing good will come of it.

People need to respect other units' differences, and they need to respect other units' rights to promote their own unit. Does it really matter if a unit doesn't work for you? You find another unit that better fits you as a player, and you move on. Simple as that.

I don't even consider today's events as need for damage control. The damage has already been done. I may be wearing my unit's signature, but I'm speaking from the heart as a player who's just trying to enjoy the damn game. The childish behavior needs to stop. I'm here to play MechWarrior. I'm here to play with other like minded "adults." I'm not here to partake in bitter flame-fests and a reliving of my middle school days. I'm better than that. We're better than that. ALL OF YOU are better than that!

Can we please just get back to enjoying the game?

You have earned my respect with that statement Aresye and that is not something I freely give.

#13 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

Hello Everyone,

I'm stepping in here to give everyone a heads up. The forums are not a place for people to air personal grievances. Play nice, contact people respectfully, or if you've done something to get yourself banned understand that access to anything is a privilege and not a right.

I will leave this thread open for now, but if it continues down the argumentative path I'll have to take further action. I'd like to think that we can all behave and respectful to each other.

Thank you.

John

#14 Yasuoka

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

Take this argument elsewhere.
This topic was towards the unity of Clan Wolf, not the destruction of it.

MY offer was to all Galaxies to come play on your TS Server and get to know your members. I had hoped that other Galaxies would be doing the same, but that is only hope. What you choose to do is up to you. My offer is for myself. No one else.

As far as the previous days arguments goes, nothing was solved because of blinders being worn by members of all sides of this. I still have no personal beef in Alpha-Omega's CWI unification. In fact, for the two of you, and so by reflection, all of us when it comes to CW and Loyalty Points, it's good news.

This topic was for the betterment of Clan Wolf as a whole, not a recruitment thread, not a place to settle your differences. Stop posting negatively and use all that brain power everyone seems to use to insult one another and think about ideas that can help move us closer to the goal.

Edited by Yasuoka, 26 September 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#15 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

This is why we cannot have nice things. :(

#16 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

View PostDemona, on 26 September 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

This is why we cannot have nice things. :(

Aff. Indeed it is.

#17 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:37 PM

http://prntscr.com/4zi2t0

that is why you cant have nice things joanna, that and you are wolves...you do have to "play" from time to time ;P

#18 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

I couldn't hear you over the drama, sorry. :P

#19 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer