Summonner

10 replies to this topic

#1 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

I've spent about 75-100 bucks on this game before the Clan mechs came out. Priorities dictate that enough spent at the moment. I've been playing less and less since the Clan mechs have been dominating the game, though I don't actually want to play less. So I made cbill purchase of a Summonner but with the inability to remove any jumpjets this mech is severely limited in its loadouts which makes me severely disappointed in my hard grinded purchase. I also bought a kit fox. No available AMS really. Everyone knows what happens when lights run from LRMs, bye bye legs, the only advantage a light possesses. Please consider changing this, especially the Summoner, at least the Kit fox can hide from missiles but AMS would be greatly appreciated. Thanks from a Beta veteran who would love to play more, but begrudgingly moved himself to the reserves.

#2 Laserhupe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Raging Lotus
  • Raging Lotus
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTreasure Beach

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

you know that you can change the arms and torsi between the clan mechs?

#3 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

yes but all three leg pod have permanent jumpjets

#4 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:35 AM

Try using the "C" arm for the Kit Fox. It has ECM and 3 AMS...

The Summoner has had it's supporters, and it's detractors. If you spent any time on the forums, you'd see that people were complaining about the Summoner's jump jets since pre-order players got them. Honestly, I LOVE my Summoners. I maxed them out in DAYS, while taking WEEKS for the supposed uber-Timberwolf. As for your Summoner, just throw 4 ERMeds, 1 LRM15, ammo, and a bunch of heat sinks. That'll keep you rolling. The Summoner needs to be treated like a Hunchback. It's a knife-fighter, built mainly for close range.

#5 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostOliverTwisted, on 23 September 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

...I also bought a kit fox. No available AMS really...

Take a look: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...55fdd7bcc1e07ff

#6 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

Saying there's no AMS on the kitfox is kinda funny...

Right now you get to see quite a few summoners in every game but that's just because they're new and the heaviest clanner available. If it doesn't get some buffs it'll end up not being used by anyone but the hardcore summoner fans...like the awesome.

#7 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

kit fox derp, too many xanex and bonghits.

Edited by OliverTwisted, 23 September 2014 - 07:29 AM.

#8 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

thanks by the way for not being A-Holes about my mistake with the KFox , very refreshing and un-forum like. Replies with class really?

#9 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

We apologize for the convenience.

I do share your sentiments on the Summoner... not really a good mech to play with compared to its fellow clanners. The Kit Fox is alright though; the optional arm helps out tremendously. With the ECM fitted you do not need AMS, unless you like to do social work. Now, if the Summoner could fit a pair of legs without JJ, that would be great.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 23 September 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#10 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

clearly the Summoner has been by far my favorite mech since its inception in b-tech.....

tho it is severly handicapped in MWO with the terrible over nerfing of JJ's the mech has some very good builds. i know this isnt hte place for builds but try the heavy mech forum there is tons for the Summoner also try...

4 erml, uac20 or 4 erl :D .... and always always remember the Summoner is a support mech, pick your spots to engage and unleash hell.

#11 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

The summoner was my main gripe. I never even thought to look at the KFox arms for ams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users