Ejection Button Needed For Dropship Mode.

Gameplay

12 replies to this topic

#1 MATRAKA14

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

A team can try to disarm all the enemy mechs and then safely make the objective or kill the enemy mechs respawning one by one,or maybe you are without ammo and do not have any back up weapons. If it's not addressed some teams could see factible team killing if needed.

Plus its a good excuse to implement more immersion to the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

If you are weaponless stand on the base they can't take the objective without killing you.

#3 Agelmar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

Bunch of quitters.

All the CW info posted and the most common question is "I don't like playing heavies or assaults, what happens if I quit the match."

The IS is screwed.

#4 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

I don't care what it's in there for, or what people will use it for, but I would LOVE an ejection sequence. Hell, even just a plume of smoke and fire that fires out of the cockpit when a mech is destroyed would be enough.

#5 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

If i can use it as a weapon yes. Just tilt down, ram an enemy mech and fire my body into their cockpit, so I can punch them to death!

#6 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

I posted about this (independently, actually)... I think it's necessary as well. For multiple reasons, actually, though one of the big ones has an alternative solution.

1- Trolling/abuse potential : Crippling mechs but not finishing them off to deny the player the opportunity to bring a fresh mech to fight with
2- Ammunition : Ammunition-based mechs running out of ammo need a way to either replenish their ammunition or ejecting to bring a fresh mech in. (Pls no LaserWarrior Online in CW)
3- Extended match length : Because CW matches will probably take 3+x longer than regular matches, forcing a player to use a mech affected by 1 or 2 is NOT FUN. Remember, mechs don't fall over and remain immobile when losing a leg because it's not fun. How is this different?

These three big reasons argue for ejection to be in CW and CW matches only. Standard matches DON'T need ejection.

Mind, an ammo depot that would gradually replenish ammunition as long as you sit on it would solve half of the problem. But it still doesn't fix the "Atlas D-DC walking stick with one leg" problem.

#7 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

"May your eject buttons always function" is what I use to tell pending puggers.

#8 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

I agree with the addition of an ejection system. I would just want to see it tied to when your mech is actually critically damaged. Losing a torso or a leg or all your weapons. If the cockpit is going crazy with red flashing lights I should be able to eject.

#9 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

Pfft I ain't no quitter...
When I die from charging forth like a nugget in my Atlas I wish to be launched gloriously into the sky like my own personal firework, in a blaze of rocket propelled glory to witness my behemoth come crashing down from on high.

You all want this as well in one form or another don't you deny it! :P

You cannae play a giant mech game with lasers, missile and magnificantly detailed backstory of epic combat and big cannons, lasers and missiles and not confess that the thought of being propelled with a rocket blast into the sky would be awesome.

One form or another I'd love to see ejecting, I'd also like to see sometimes what it's like when I stay in first person as my mech meets his doom.

Personally I'd have a brief "WARNING EJECT!!!" flash up on screen when the engine is blown or legs are gone with a tiny XP bonus for managing to eject in time.

Conversely I'd also make it impossible to eject from a functioning mech in a match.

Edited by Sadist Cain, 25 September 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#10 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

Second the motion for ejection in CW and CW only.

Or bring melee in and then a mech is never defenseless. Even a one legged mech can kick if it jumps. Death From Above, charging damage, collisions and knockdown would sure be nice. Then no mech is ever unarmed or at least without some form of attack.

chris

#11 Iyica de Tylmarande

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

It should ideally be an automatic sequence for whenever a mech dies to explain why our characters manage to keep coming back.

#12 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

I can already see the eject button bug.
IS light with little or no cockpit armor gets hit for a point on the head imediately ejecting out of the game.
Or you hit the mech at a certain location and betty falsely deems that crittical....booooom out of the match.
Or you overheat your mech, your internals get dmg critticaly. Normaly that won't be a problem but betty decides a CT internal with full armor and just 2 points of internals left is crittical...eject.

So many possibilities :P

Edited by The Basilisk, 27 September 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#13 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostBrody319, on 25 September 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

If i can use it as a weapon yes. Just tilt down, ram an enemy mech and fire my body into their cockpit, so I can punch them to death!

ROFL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users