- - - - -

Mech Tree Vs Pilot Tree

7 replies to this topic

#1 Achilles16

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

As title says, what is the difference between the mech and pilot tree? If i remember correctly you can buy the zoomed in module in both. Also if i remember correctly you can buy it with Gxp or with just money. I might be wrong and if i am i don't mind being corrected.

Anyways, what would be the best way to go about unlocking them? Pilot tree or mech tree or maybe even both?

Any and all help would be appreciated! Thank you!

#2 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

You have to unlock the Zoom module with GXP, and then you purchase it for your mech with Cbills. :)

#3 Achilles16

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostJohn Wolf, on 28 September 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

You have to unlock the Zoom module with GXP, and then you purchase it for your mech with Cbills. :)

Do i have to do that with every mech or are they interchangable? Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it!

#4 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hello. Check this out. It'll answer all your questions

#5 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

Mech Tree = Mech Stuff specific to a particular mech. Mechs have individualized xp that you earn when you play as that mech. You can spend it on skills like "speed tweak" in order to make that mech slightly faster. Use your mech xp here, don't waste your gxp even though it might be tempting.

Pilot Tree = Pilot Stuff generalized skills that can be applied to any mech. These include things like radar deprivation which allows you to disappear from enemy radar more quickly, or zoom module which allows you to buy and equip zoom equipment on any mech. Generally you want to save your GXP for this stuff, since you can't use regular xp on these skills.

Edited by Darth Futuza, 28 September 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostAchilles16, on 28 September 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

Do i have to do that with every mech or are they interchangable? Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it!

The modules only need to be unlocked weth GXP once, but if you want more than one for your mechs you need to purchase more than one with C-bills (or you can remove and change the modules but that's a PITA)

#7 Achilles16

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

@ Spike, i actually just watched that video. Thank you!

@ Darth, thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

@ Redshift, Thank you!

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 28 September 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

The modules only need to be unlocked weth GXP once, but if you want more than one for your mechs you need to purchase more than one with C-bills (or you can remove and change the modules but that's a PITA)

It is a PITA to swap them.. BUT if you get in the habit of pulling modules out of mechs that you are not using, aka, only having them in the ones you are using at the time.. it is a lot easier.. (this works best for people that pick a mech, or perhaps 2 mechs, and play them a night, and then swap to something else) Hunting for modules in many mechs is not fun..

that said,, I like to try to have all my mechs with weapons all set.. that way, at most i need to pop in an engine, and modules. though at this point in time, i am getting to the point that i am even putting STD engines in the mechs i own.. getting XL's in the ones that need is still down the road for me :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users