Is 1St Pass Quirks, My Thoughts.

Balance

28 replies to this topic

#21 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

The people are expressing their opinions, and their opinions are that your "suggested quirks" are utterly inadequate and mostly laughable.

I'd rather have all the T4/T5 mechs suddenly become overpowered than... 10% bonus leg armor. Or even better: Awesome: "Already quirk passed".

Yeah, no.

#22 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 01 October 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Yen-Lo-Wang

+50 Armor to left arm
-20% Ballistic cooldown

I seriously can't get over this idea of buffing the Centurion's "Shield" arm. It's only a shield arm because it can perform no other function, Buff the right arm instead, because that's the one that actually matters! I would much, much rather lose my left arm than my right.

#23 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostMister D, on 01 October 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

I know you guys don't agree with it.
But BIG %'s and #'s in changes is why we have

Snip

So yeah, have BIG goals in mind, but start small and slow and gradual if you actually want a balanced result.
Kneejerk balances and overkill is not the smart path here, or anywhere.

There's many degrees of separation between +10% leg armor (which is laughable), and "the AS7-K has unlimited airstrikes with no cool down because reasons." The quirks added relatively recently to the awesome were pretty significant, and they weren't enough to make it good.

Suggesting that we should start with the smallest of possible increments is like suggesting that we ought to fill a bucket with a pipette to avoid overfilling - it's ridiculous. If we want to bring everything up to at least tier 3, we need to start at the point of the recent Awesome quirks, not from square one.

#24 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostMister D, on 01 October 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Raven (all) 10% stronger leg armor

Or, or hear me out: Maybe they could just undo the change to the leg hitboxes that happened in Open Beta which made the legs 50% larger than they appear visually? Seriously, the leg hitbox is close to as large as a Catapult's in some places.

#25 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

View Postaniviron, on 01 October 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Or, or hear me out: Maybe they could just undo the change to the leg hitboxes that happened in Open Beta which made the legs 50% larger than they appear visually? Seriously, the leg hitbox is close to as large as a Catapult's in some places.

This I like.. alot.

And I do agree with you guys about the low %'s being laughable, in all honesty yes 5%-10% is not really enough "as a final target".

I just don't want to see a knee jerk change is all.

Throwing out #'s like I want a 120% boost in armor, or even 50% change to this/that can do more damage to balance than good.

I'm just as impatient about wanting IS to have a fighting chance against the clans, but striking a balance is a delicate task best left to moderation and small appropriate changes, not leaps in one direction or the other.

Edited by Mister D, 01 October 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#26 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:17 AM

For my taste, there are to many + signs and not enough -signs. Sorry but for every + there should be a minus.

#27 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

For my taste, there are to many + signs and not enough -signs. Sorry but for every + there should be a minus.

The point of these quirks was to make bad mechs more viable. Counterbalancing these new positive quirks with negative ones pretty much defeats the whole purpose of this exercise.

#28 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

I agree with everyone who would rather see Locusts ravage the battlefield than the continued obsolence of Tier 4 and 5 'mechs.

The 50% heat increase to small Clan lasers occured because there is no 2.5 heat. 2 to 3 is a 50% increase, and Clan smalls were ridiculously efficient previously.

Big buffs to the weaker 'mechs please.

#29 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

The point is that these mechs are bad. I'm not so keen on the things listed in this thread but lets take the Locust for example. All the + signs are balanced by the - sign that it is a Locust.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users